Religions

Awesome set of inquisitors!
Which ones are still missing?

I know you guys are probably tired of my all-over-the-place method of getting this mod finished up. But I don't really care. I am starting to get the cutscenes for the new religions to be a bit more unique so they don't seem like they are all the same, so the first one I am working on is the Olympic one because it is the easiest. I am trying to get SaibotLieh on this with me, but we'll see about that.

Anyway, here is what I have so far for the Olympic one. I am probably going to move the helmet and swords around a bit, I may even reskin the helmet to look different (and add a plume), but here it is:

Let me know what you think, and also if you have ideas for the other ones please speak up because there are a few I am a bit dubious about, particularly the Ba'alic and Mesopotamian ones.

Attachments

• NewOlympicCutscenePreview1.jpg
    NewOlympicCutscenePreview1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 370
What's with the blue area beneath the table?

Ignore that in this (and any future) preview, that is just NifSkope's background, I could have made it any color, but the point is it doesn't show in-game anyway, so don't worry about it.

Okay, I didn't realize that was Nifskope :blush: I thought it was a real video. On that note, It's awesome that it looks like a real video!

Yeah, a plume would be great on the helmet
Otherwise looks great!

Will brainstorm a little about the other religions...

Looks good. :thumbsup: Maybe the helmet (with this texture) should be turned more into the light, and of course the shadows need an overwork, but I guess you're already aware of that.

I'm thinking of replacing the table with some sort of marble table or something like that. I don't know just yet. I'm still thinking this stuff through. If I stick with the wooden planks then I'll probably edit the shadows somehow, but I am not so handy with textures, so that may be difficult. :(

I'd say keep the planks, because all the vanilla religions have it and it'd stick with the overall CIV scheme to do so.

Yeah I agree with Vortilex on this
Maybe you can ask SaibotLieh to help you with the shadows?

I thought The Capo said that the list of religions is final and would not be modified, although if we were to change it, I'd add atheism to the mix to accommodate for officially atheist countries (USSR, PRC). The thing about adding Mormonism is that I have yet to find one who can tell me how magnets work :p (JK)

Hey Capo!
Do you still need ideas for the cutscenes?
Or some of them are more or less ready?

The cutscenes are "low priority" for me, meaning they are as much a priority as the new music (so it will be done last). So far the only new cutscenes we have made are the Aesir and Olympian cutscenes (and the Olympian one doesn't work just yet). The next two I plan on making are the Egyptian and Teotl cutscenes. For the Teotl scene we are still planning out what to do, but it will involve a bloody heart in some way. :goodjob:

Here is the Aesir scene if you want to check it out... :viking:

Attachments

• AesirCutscene.jpg
    AesirCutscene.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 333
That looks awesome. Do you make those in Blender as well, or are those done with a different program?

I thought The Capo said that the list of religions is final and would not be modified, although if we were to change it, I'd add atheism to the mix to accommodate for officially atheist countries (USSR, PRC). The thing about adding Mormonism is that I have yet to find one who can tell me how magnets work :p (JK)

Atheism would be better represented as a civic imo. Turn on "no spread of non state religion" and disallow a state religion, and bam! State Atheism.

That looks awesome. Do you make those in Blender as well, or are those done with a different program?

Done in Blender, but that wasn't my work that was SaibotLieh's.

Atheism would be better represented as a civic imo. Turn on "no spread of non state religion" and disallow a state religion, and bam! State Atheism.

Yeah, I believe State Atheism would be a better civic than a religion. Because it isn't a religion, I am an atheist and I have heard the arguments that it is a type of religion and I can assure you that those arguments are incorrect and it is certainly not a religion.

If I were to do this, I would have to add a new civic to each category, and while that is tempting I'm not sure if I want to add further delays to an already supremely delayed project. :blush:

I like the idea of new civics, but as you said, it does add to the delays. Some of the World of Legends and Rise of Mankind civics are quite good, though, so if you were to add some, those would be good places to start for the other civic categories outside of religion.

Top Bottom