Report Bug, Get Patch

I had thought the difference was only the size of the map, but the 51_51 and 68_64 scenarios play completely differently. As Cao Cao, you can easily crush Lu Bu in the former, but he can be a major pain in the latter. In the 51_51 save, you can also easily capture the emperor, whereas in the 68_64 he always winds up in the west.

I think the AI performs better in the 68_64 scenario as well.

Hi,

I am attempting to run on XP with the HoTK 2.5, Patch E, 2.5 Music Patch. The game crashes within less than 30 seconds. I get an error notice and request to send a report to Microsoft. The technical details list 40+ dlls and a dump of memory. Any idea what the problem might be? I've never ran the game before and followed the installation instructions to the letter. I also uninstalled and reinstalled, but got the same results. It also happens whether I run from the HoTK startup icon or try to load the mod after Civ is started. :( Thanks in advance for any help.

Thinking about it, I'm probably not running with the latest version patch for BTS. Will check tonight. Sorry.

EDIT: Yes, I found I didn't have the latest patch installed for BTS.

Well, I believe this is a bug, or perhaps a really, really, really odd trend, but whenever I release a hero back to it's old master after capturing him, the leader dies, and a new one is selected. For instance, when I'm Lu Bu, if I capture Cao Ren, and release or trade him back, Cao Cao dies and Cao Pi takes over.

The odd thing about this all is the hero does not actaully die... the only thing that changes is the leader. So in my example, Cao Ren is back with the Cao Clan, Cao Pi rules, and Cao Cao remains a general. Odd.

I've also verified this in my latest Zhang Yang game... I changed the leader of the Han Sui faction 3 times by capturing their heroes.

I have 2 great engineers, 3 great merchants and 1 great performer in the same city with the yellow crane. I still cant build the great city.

Are you playing on the preset map? In those maps, the Great Cities are prebuilt. If not, then I have no idea why you can build the city. It's Xiang Yang right?

Are you playing on the preset map? In those maps, the Great Cities are prebuilt. If not, then I have no idea why you can build the city. It's Xiang Yang right?

Yes, its on a random map and I can not build the xiang yang.

I just remembered, is the city coastal? I believe Xiang Yang must be built on the coast.

Then in this case, I'm completely stumped...

That is it if its the problem. There is no river near it; any where close. That would make the wonder obsolete and that not in the description at all.

I am playing on XP and have this CTD exactly on one point of the game itself. It is when someone (name forgotten) changes to confucianism I am attaching the saved file. Please help as I have found this mod to be the best in CIV 4

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    839.3 KB · Views: 269
Knock knock is any one here to answer my queries ??????????????????????????????/

Sadly, the team is inactive right now, so there won't be many answers to the CtD questions. On the other hand, are you sure it's being triggered by the Civic switch? Usually the CtD's are caused by hiring heroes with too much XP, or by capturing cities.

Sadly, the team is inactive right now, so there won't be many answers to the CtD questions. On the other hand, are you sure it's being triggered by the Civic switch? Usually the CtD's are caused by hiring heroes with too much XP, or by capturing cities.

So what do you suggest I do restart the game every time.

So what do you suggest I do restart the game every time.

Not really, if you can isolate the problem (like a hero being captured), you can delete the unit in WorldBuilder, which should solve the problem. If it's a city capture, just change the units up so the city doesn't fall. Usually those things require very specific conditions, so if you change them, then you usually won't get a crash again.

randomly trying new things on that turn, change productions, delete random civ to isolate the issue

Top Bottom