Report Bug, Get Patch

Well, I believe this is a bug, or perhaps a really, really, really odd trend, but whenever I release a hero back to it's old master after capturing him, the leader dies, and a new one is selected. For instance, when I'm Lu Bu, if I capture Cao Ren, and release or trade him back, Cao Cao dies and Cao Pi takes over.

The odd thing about this all is the hero does not actaully die... the only thing that changes is the leader. So in my example, Cao Ren is back with the Cao Clan, Cao Pi rules, and Cao Cao remains a general. Odd.

I've also verified this in my latest Zhang Yang game... I changed the leader of the Han Sui faction 3 times by capturing their heroes.

This happened to me as well. I captured Dian Wei, then release him, and suddenly Cao Pi became the leader. Also, the text is backward:
Cao Pi has died, Cao Cao succeeded him as the leader of Cao Clan!

FWIW, when Cao Cao was still the leader, I captured him, then trade him back after peace treaty. That didn't change the leadership of Cao Clan.

Another issue, in the middle of the game, when I pull up the Heroes window, clicking "info" give me a blank page. Basically I can't see list of my heroes with all their stats. The Recruitment and Prisoner page works fine, just the Info page that is not working.

Another issue, in the middle of the game, when I pull up the Heroes window, clicking "info" give me a blank page. Basically I can't see list of my heroes with all their stats. The Recruitment and Prisoner page works fine, just the Info page that is not working.
Yea this happens in my games, too. Reload or advancing to the next turn usually solves it, but it erratically returns every couple of turns.

Anyway, my bug is way more annoying. My game is stuck, meaning I can not advance to next turn. The game simply loads forever and never finishes. And I was sooo close to the end :cry:
Already reloaded a few turns earlier and replayed, but again stuck after the same turn.

Save game is attached.

Attachments

• Gongsun Zan AD-0232-Late March.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 225
Hey, how come no units on the map have the Chuan soldier promotion. I thought that promotion was meant for the units built in the south-west (yizhou), but it doesn't seem to be there in this version. It would be cool if that were remedied, as it seems like a cool promotion.

Alright I am getting the Hero Adviser bug as well. Sometimes when and if I pull up the info screen from within the adviser it screws up the page, in that all that is available is the info screen ?
Same thing that is happening to the other players I think.
My game was fine after a re load.
-G.

Got a CTD some 90plus turns into the 194 AD map. As it repeated after reload, I´m posting the savgame below. (CTD occurs after End Turn.)

Attachments

• Jeh Len 194 AD HotK.CivBeyondSwordSave
    480.3 KB · Views: 220
@JEELEN

Could you recall what you did to Gongsun Zan? Did you defeat his legion unit on the last turn? Or did you release him?

It appears that he is not correctly re-spawned after a certain event.

-Bugs:
Spies not obtaining experience after any successful missions.

-Balance:
Ma Teng, Liangzhou Faction: double XP when fighting against barbarians. Hero points (general bar) given when fighting against barbarians.
Or unique quests, traits, events, etc. which can reflect the experience obtained wit constant wars against barbarians,

This faction is the only that will be fighting against barbarians until the end in scenarios without any possibility to not center its army in the desert. Killing 20 units in a few turns should give the faction a real experience in the art of war.
Due to economical/scientific disadvantages the faction will not obtain enough experience neither heroes though wars & wonders.
At the start, with high difficulty levels -emperor and others-, you can not afford the costs in unit production, losses, unit placement, unit maintainance & no proper development with workers (no food, no time to build them, no units to maintain the plots improved).

Otherwise, this is the most impressive mod I have played with.

Ummm... I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I tried playing Liu Zhang on the small map scenario (51 x 51). I realized that I can't build ships other than work boats. Tried playing other civs and I could build galleys, etc. Is this a glitch/bug?
Am play testing large map (64 x 68 or something like that). Liu Zhang CAN build galleys??!!! Weird. Any ideas?
BTW, This mod rocks. :)

it depends whether the ocean/ coast connect to ocean with so many spaces. Any water that is not fresh water lake can build boats but the ships can only be built in cities that are contacted with the ocean tiles, not just coast.

I am not sure if this could be a mod related bug (vs original bad CIv4 AI), but sometimes enemy units just leave the city, I mean completely, leaving an empty city for my Yellow Turbans to take :)...

I also wonder if this mod still in active development? I don't see lots of activity on this subforum which is strange, given how great this mod really is...

I'm having some CTD problems, is there any hope of getting any help if I post a save? I don't have any experience dealing with CTD's myself, but in lieu of help with my particular problem, I'd be happy to learn how to deal with CTD's if someone has a good link to a thread on how to deal with them. Thanks!

edit: on the off chance someone actually can and wants to take a look at it, my save game that crashes every time is here

http://www.mediafire.com/?dusflxqvsqs27jw

Dommain,

Thanks for the reply, I've been playing some other games (Thanks to GOG) so I didn't check this forum much over the past few months. What I did was that I had captured quite a lot of cities as Liu Zhang but I couldn't build anything other than work boats. I was suspicious so I tried starting a new game with a different faction that had a city that I had captured in my Liu Zhang game. I advanced in tech and lo and behold I could build other ships other than work boats. This seems to happen only in the small map scenario (51 x 51) as I tried playing as Liu Zhang in the bigger maps and I could build some warships other than work boats. Weird.

I'm having some CTD problems, is there any hope of getting any help if I post a save? I don't have any experience dealing with CTD's myself, but in lieu of help with my particular problem, I'd be happy to learn how to deal with CTD's if someone has a good link to a thread on how to deal with them. Thanks!

edit: on the off chance someone actually can and wants to take a look at it, my save game that crashes every time is here

http://www.mediafire.com/?dusflxqvsqs27jw

A little bit update here:

Hello! Thanks alot for everyone who plays and likes this MOD!:goodjob: Stmartin got a job after he graduated, so he's too busy to go back to modding. I was trying to move this MOD to CiV in the past couple of months. But thanks to the broken modding system of CiV I was unable to do it:sad:.

With the new patch of CiV, I find that 2K solved several modding issues so an overhaul mod is possible right now. I plan to setup the framework of this mod in the next couple of weeks (or months:crazyeye:) by finishing the civs, tech tree, social policy, units, buildings and wonders. However, more works (dll/lua and artwork) could only be done after 2K release the dll information and with the help of others.

A little bit update here:

Hello! Thanks alot for everyone who plays and likes this MOD!:goodjob: Stmartin got a job after he graduated, so he's too busy to go back to modding. I was trying to move this MOD to CiV in the past couple of months. But thanks to the broken modding system of CiV I was unable to do it:sad:.

With the new patch of CiV, I find that 2K solved several modding issues so an overhaul mod is possible right now. I plan to setup the framework of this mod in the next couple of weeks (or months:crazyeye:) by finishing the civs, tech tree, social policy, units, buildings and wonders. However, more works (dll/lua and artwork) could only be done after 2K release the dll information and with the help of others.

Well this is great news! Thanks for putting an update up. I don't have CiV currently, but if mods like this one are ported over then I may have to cough up and finally buy it! I wish you great success with your work, and hopefully 2K will give you the proper tools to fix the problems!

Well this is great news! Thanks for putting an update up. I don't have CiV currently, but if mods like this one are ported over then I may have to cough up and finally buy it! I wish you great success with your work, and hopefully 2K will give you the proper tools to fix the problems!

I'll update the modding progress here in the future :goodjob:

Wow, I'm happy to see this great news...I promised to help the Civ IV mod making the wonder videos, but I failed for my lack of freetime T_T But now that I've got more of that, I would like to help with the artwork for the Civ 4 or 5 version...Maybe trying to complete the wonder movies for the 4...Let me know if I could be of some use ^_^(Ps: I'm good at drawing, so I could replace the wonder movies with still images with music, or maybe use drawings for the Civ5 version...)

Top Bottom