Republicans blame Obama for Hurricane Katrina o_O

Actually, it's largely forgotten that the federal response to Katrina was historically faster than that to previous hurricanes (i.e. Andrew, etc.). The problem with Katrina is that the city and state government dropped the ball so bad that it made what was a historically timely response seem slow in arriving.

ummmmmm ....... not sure if Mobboss is serious

Bush’s FEMA Director During Katrina Criticizes Obama For Responding To Sandy Too Quickly

Even Brown’s criticism of Obama during Sandy came across as a compliment, because the disgraced FEMA director slammed Obama for responding “so quickly” to the oncoming storm.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/10/30/1110901/bush-fema-director-katrina-hits-obama-sandy/

Have you considered the possibility that people - when answering a poll without giving it their full attention - get the hurricane mixed up with the oil spill?

well, when being specifically asked about hurricane Katrina, confusing this with an unrelated oil spill represents a whole other kind of fail. But no, I didn't consider that.

On the other hand, if you give people a poll you can't do an intelligence test beforehand to make sure they have enough brain cells to understand a question.

There were a number of similar "control questions" in that particular survey:

81% of the state likes Mother Theresa. That’s slightly higher than Abraham Lincoln’s
78%. Jesus tops the list with 97% favorability. Republicans had a higher favorability for
Mother Theresa than Democrats or Independents did.

well, when being specifically asked about hurricane Katrina, confusing this with an unrelated oil spill represents a whole other kind of fail. But no, I didn't consider that.

Ok, please imagine the toothless guy in Alexandra Pelosi's documentary.

Now imagine the following thought process:

"Uhm...something to do with cleanign up and repairing stuff...something to do with the sea...uhm...sure it's Obama's fault...uhm... i have to get milk...milk and bullets..."

Actually, it's largely forgotten that the federal response to Katrina was historically faster than that to previous hurricanes (i.e. Andrew, etc.). The problem with Katrina is that the city and state government dropped the ball so bad that it made what was a historically timely response seem slow in arriving.
I have made a device that translates stuff to the intended message.

Lets enter this data and see what comes out.

*beep beep beep* (the sound the device makes, voice of Leonard Nimoy)

Actually, it's largely forgotten that the Republican's response to Katrina was historically faster than that to previous hurricanes (i.e. Andrew, etc.). The problem with Katrina is that the Democrats dropped the ball so bad that it made what was a historically timely response seem slow in arriving.

That's it? Disappointing. I could have figured that out myself.

Not exactly countering any pessimism about the humanity down in Louisiana, are they?

I wonder how many people voted for not sure because they actually are not sure as opposed to finding the question to be rather poorly constructed (or really $&%^%#& silly).

@Ziggy

No, I think he actually means the city and state governments of 2005 Louisiana, merely including Ray "Chocolate City" Nagin and Kathleen Blanco.

They were all holding hands and singing, "I shall not be moved".

I think there were things that could have been done better by those all across the political spectrum, and certainly mistakes were made by republicans as well as democrats in this.

I completely agree. I don't think mistakes were worse or worser based on which party committed them.

But clearly the biggest consequences stemmed from assigning unqualified people to positions based on party affiliation :ack:

Not terribly surprising. People use polls to communicate their attitudes, feelings, and values as much as their assessment of empirical fact. While it explicitly asked about Katrina, the pollees saw it as asking them to side with Obama over Bush. Under the circumstances, I can understand why Republicans basically chose to duck the question ("not sure") or told the pollster where to stick it ("It was Obama's fault").

I find it more likely that the GOP is trolling pet cemetaries for voters.

Probably, former head of FEMA and so-called Hurricane Katrina relief Michael Brown was also once the "Stewards commissioner" of the International Arabian Horse Association.

Not terribly surprising. People use polls to communicate their attitudes, feelings, and values as much as their assessment of empirical fact. While it explicitly asked about Katrina, the pollees saw it as asking them to side with Obama over Bush. Under the circumstances, I can understand why Republicans basically chose to duck the question ("not sure") or told the pollster where to stick it ("It was Obama's fault").

That makes sense. Kinda like 'My party, right or wrong!'.

Top Bottom