Request: No stability

Nerochev

Chieftain
Would anyone be willing to make a mod to remove stability that would work with the current patch? Maybe make stability option in custom scenario? I like stability but sometimes I want to see how the game would play without it...there have been stability fixes before but they never worked very well and none of them where made to work with the most recent patch.

I don't want to get rid of stability, I'd just like the option of switching it off and on if I wanted to. Would this be hard to do?

AFAIK, the stability nerfing options previously listed actually didn't switch stability off. They simply "buffered" stability by giving your permanent stabiltiy a massive boost every turn by a set amount. Actually turning off stability would seem to be more complex, which is probably why it hasn't been done before.

On version 1.81 it took to comment 3 lines of code. I am not sure about version 1.84. Here are two files that need to replace the corresponding files in Rhyes and Fall of Civilization\Assets\Python (backup the old files). I hope this works.

Note this will remove the effects of stability, i.e. no one will collapse due to poor stability and no city will ever declare independence (regardless of stability). Stability, however, will still be computed.

To turn stability back on, you will need to delete the two files and replace them with the original ones.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    41.4 KB · Views: 610
Hi all,

for me I don't like to totally remove the stability, but unfortunately I don't see a chance to manage it :(

My basic problem are my Civics. For the World-RFC I could read, how the civics effect stability, but where can I read this for RFC-E?

Also I would love to know what for the numbers below the stars are in general :confused:

Many thx for your advise

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 1,073
Hi all,

for me I don't like to totally remove the stability, but unfortunately I don't see a chance to manage it :(

My basic problem are my Civics. For the World-RFC I could read, how the civics effect stability, but where can I read this for RFC-E?

Also I would love to know what for the numbers below the stars are in general :confused:

Many thx for your advise

This tread is for RFC not RFC-E, so we are getting a bit OT here.

The numbers are: permanent, current and temporary. Permanent points are gained and lost, but it is generally hard to change them. -15 civic means too many anarchies, you loose 3 points for each anarchy. Current, considers civic combos current state of the economy and so on (for RFCE it is not well documented yet). You can instantly change the current value by switching civics or rearranging work tiles for the economy. Temporary lasts only for few turns, i.e. -20 immediately after an Anarchy, Great Depression (in RFC) and so on.

Some RFCE pointers: free thinking republics and free peasantry dislike oppressive religious and feudal civics. On the other hand oppressive divine monarchy and Theocracy likes more oppressive combos.

I've been trying to effectively turn off stability as well, but just for the Human, so I can do a few domination victories with the smaller civilizations. I've been modifying the Stability.py file with the following additional lines placed in the file:

if (gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).isHuman()):
self.setStability(iPlayer, self.getStability(iPlayer) + 120)

It's placed inside checkTurn, inside a for loop which iterates through iPlayer for all current players. It isn't working, however. Furthermore, when I looked at the world builder for a later civ start, the effects of greatly enhanced stability were very apparent with all the AI's, as everyone had grand empires, stretching all over the place.

Suggestions? I just want a stability fix for the human, not anyone else. I still want rise's and falls. I thought those two snippets of code would give me what I wanted, but alas.

P.S. On a separate note, I don't suppose anyone has all the initial dependencies for compiling the coreDLL files? I was hoping to modify the settler maps for something.

I've been trying to effectively turn off stability as well, but just for the Human, so I can do a few domination victories with the smaller civilizations. I've been modifying the Stability.py file with the following additional lines placed in the file:

if (gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).isHuman()):
self.setStability(iPlayer, self.getStability(iPlayer) + 120)

It's placed inside checkTurn, inside a for loop which iterates through iPlayer for all current players. It isn't working, however. Furthermore, when I looked at the world builder for a later civ start, the effects of greatly enhanced stability were very apparent with all the AI's, as everyone had grand empires, stretching all over the place.

Suggestions? I just want a stability fix for the human, not anyone else. I still want rise's and falls. I thought those two snippets of code would give me what I wanted, but alas.

P.S. On a separate note, I don't suppose anyone has all the initial dependencies for compiling the coreDLL files? I was hoping to modify the settler maps for something.

There is some normalization going on for the stability, many people have tried the above it doesn't work.

Check the file where I have turned off stability and the original files from RFC. See where the difference is and modify around it accordingly. It is where implosion and secession are being called.

If you want to recompile the .dll, you can download the source code for RFC Europe, there are detailed instructions inside (just make sure to recompile the RFC .dll, since the RFC Europe one wouldn't work).

Is there any simple way to disable bad stability from religions or at least decrese the negative effects?

Run Free Religion (or, in RFC, Pacifism).

I meen do it in the code, so that it no longer exists in the game. Not to do it in game with civics.

On version 1.81 it took to comment 3 lines of code. I am not sure about version 1.84. Here are two files that need to replace the corresponding files in Rhyes and Fall of Civilization\Assets\Python (backup the old files). I hope this works.

Note this will remove the effects of stability, i.e. no one will collapse due to poor stability and no city will ever declare independence (regardless of stability). Stability, however, will still be computed.

To turn stability back on, you will need to delete the two files and replace them with the original ones.

And where would one be able to find older versions of RFC?

maybe someone could make it so that once it calculates stability, it gives each country the same ammount of positive points as the negative gained? (example, india loses 200 stability points for expansion - so its given 200 stability points, thus making it not matter).

the idea of this is to give you a positive modifier to keep ALL countries at their peak super-stable mode.

or instead - to make it "clean out" your negative points every turn. example: ethiopia builds a city in south africa, and gains -50 stability but its ok because on its next turn, when stability is calculated - it will "wipe" the negatives.

maybe someone could make it so that once it calculates stability, it gives each country the same ammount of positive points as the negative gained? (example, india loses 200 stability points for expansion - so its given 200 stability points, thus making it not matter).

the idea of this is to give you a positive modifier to keep ALL countries at their peak super-stable mode.

or instead - to make it "clean out" your negative points every turn. example: ethiopia builds a city in south africa, and gains -50 stability but its ok because on its next turn, when stability is calculated - it will "wipe" the negatives.

The no-stability mod-mod posted above has essentially that effect for all civs. It can be easily updated to do it for individual civs.

this doesn't appear to work, i just experienced a civil war,

It was made for an older version of RFC. Also did you install it correctly.

you just replace the .py files right?
actualy i think i might have just forgotten to reinstall them when i reinstalled civ a while ago :crazyeye:

can anyone or the author of this modmod locate the 3 lines of code he commented out?
I tried using file comparison software but there are so many changes I'm fairly sure the files are different versions and I can't find it.

if you dont wanna have stability why dont you just play another version of civ?
i mean without civs failing apart do to stability, it isnt the same game, wouldnt a normal bts version of civ iv work for you?

Top Bottom