Requested Mods

I'd love a ciV mod where you can set up only AI to play, and watch as they progress through the game without actually playing (like a spec.), like what you can do in AoE.

It can already be done using the FireTuner.

Simple MOD requested

Ultra slow tech research x3

Ancient and history game speed ... history 2 times slower than marathon, Ancient 4 ..

Ancient, Classical, Medieval and Renaissance era extended, everything beyond that disabled ( Industrial, etc etc )

Nowhere to found mod like this, and pretty sure I'm not the only one who is searching for this .. of course, it doesn't need to be in one mod :)

Thanks for help

Just a mod that adds a few new units(tanks and aircraft) around the WW2 era that runs smooth. (not hulfgars mod)

I know it was not alway the most popular thing. But i miss it. I can deal with there not being global warming anymore (i can see why people didnt like that i suppose well atleast the way it was implemented). But pollution was able to be cleaned up and was preventable. I really dont see why it was removed. Part of me doubts you would be able to mod it into the game anyways. It would be more of like core game code or something.

I know it was not alway the most popular thing. But i miss it. I can deal with there not being global warming anymore (i can see why people didnt like that i suppose well atleast the way it was implemented). But pollution was able to be cleaned up and was preventable. I really dont see why it was removed. Part of me doubts you would be able to mod it into the game anyways. It would be more of like core game code or something.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=198149168&searchtext=global+warming

Is there a mod which adds scripting to civ placement on maps based on ethnicity? I want Europeans to start in close proximity, same with Asians, etc. No more China and Sweden being neighbors.

Is anyone planning on making a mod to add the new Bison and Cocoa resources from CotNWD to the main game?

Also, the Tipi UI would make a nifty starting point for a Sioux civ.

I would love to see an expansion into space, however, this might only be done by the devs.

More practical mods that may be done by good modders or novice modders.

1. Modern Leaders - I would like to have the option of playing with all modern leaders similar to Geopolitical Simulator, but better for obvious reasons. Just simple inanimate pictures as the "leader scenes" would be fine. Would need to work with the Flags mod.

2. Revolution - Yes, there is a mod for revolutions, but this mod would be based off the TV Show "Revolution." (Basic) Would work hand-in-hand with the Earth Map or Manifest Destiny map. Again, simple inanimate pictures would be fine for Leader Scenes. Or simply the Logo of each region. Plains Nation, Texas, Monroe, Georgia, California, etc..
(Extensive) NO units that use electricity of any form. No advanced weaponry, slightly apocalyptic landscape, 12 "monument" units of the Pendants. to allow advanced weaponry.

3. The Divided States of America Mod - Each state as a Civ. Simple State Flag as leader scenes, real locations, real cities etc. Basically it would be a prelude to Revolution. Manifest Destiny Map.

I'm not a modder, but I believe some of this can be done. Maybe simple, but time consuming.

More units and promotions.

I don't believe there has been any mod that added more units and promotions, not recently at least

I wouldn't mind seeing someone move the "Herdsman" mod to the Steam Workshop, because I can't find the modhub. I heard it's gone.

I have been looking around ingame with no luck and lately for some mods with no luck either so far.

This are the mods Im looking for:

1. Player empire statistics of building types, improvements types, unit bonuses built in cities etc
In civ 4 atleast with some mods I could find info about how many of certain buildings I had and improvements and other things. In civ 5 this seem to be missing, making it time consuming to find this things out when I want to choose wonders to build or polices.

2. Show other civs/barbarians/city states moves in visible area.
Its annoying and time consuming that I have to backtrack where other civs moved their units all the time even when close to my cites or in areas where map is bright. Cant find any function for this ingame either as it was in civ 4.

3. Make strongest army (defense vs attacker + health) defend first when in a stack
When stacking units it seems like the unit with the strongest defense against attacker is chosen no matter how low health that unit have. This make defense when stacking pointless.

4. Possibility trade/buy/steal enemy tiles/territories.
After some time my borders start to crash in certain places or I really want a neutral tile that I cant buy in a city. I would love to get a tile here and there and after what I understand thats only possible through war or with great artist on neutral tiles.
Would be awesome to have a mod with some kind of trade/buy/steal tile options or something other creative way to get a tile. I know there is a few mods out there that let you use military influence to capture a tile but Im looking for a diplomacy/trade options.

5. Multiple workers speed up tile improvement building.
again ;), in civ 4 it was possible to use multiple workers on the same tile to speed up building improvements. This sound very logical so I hope some will make/have a mod that make this possible.

Mods compatible with Community Call to Power project (CCTP)
Im testing out CCTP and I like it so far, and I would like to add more mods that work well with CCTP. Im also working on a CCTP mod compatibility thread in CCTP part of forum so any experiences would be appreciated.

If you know anything about existing mods that does any of the above please share information...highly appreciated :)

Cheers

There is an option in R.E.D.'s DLL for your point 3.

It allows the game engine to pick the unit that will have the most HP left after the attack as the defender.

There is an option in R.E.D.'s DLL for your point 3.

It allows the game engine to pick the unit that will have the most HP left after the attack as the defender.

Thanks Gedemon. I will check it out later.

I played a civ 4 game last week and was thinking how it would be nice to have the civ4 gameplay (commerce/science, cottages, trading, etc) with the civ 5 warring, 1 unit per tile.

Essentially the playing BTS mechanics with civ 5 wars.

3-D
This might be a tough one, but modders like a challenge, right? Ever since trying Civ 4 BTS's mod Final Frontier II I have been thinking 3-D. The grids could be stacked and you could go up, down or across to the planets and star systems. Use the spin-around cameras from other games to see where you are. Could be used in conjunction with multiple selection option below.
Multiple Mod Selection
And I'd like to see an option to click several mods consecutively, where you say start with vanilla Civ, make the spaceship, land in Final Frontier II beginning on a new planet but continuing to score. Winning that will take you to Mars Now, Star Trek II, Dune etc., etc. Going between planets would be similar to completing levels in, say, Mario Galaxy. And ending with a new 3-D version, of course.

Is it possible to make a mod where gold for maintaining units and buildings can change with production (new icon for hammers) only in autocracy.so when we pick that ideology instad of money we'll have do increase production and farming to have more people working the plots. I thing this way is more accurate with history of autocratic systems where the state leaves banking system and increase production like Germany did in grate depression

Quick question, hope this is the right place, has anyone succesfull managed to create a aircargo mod, i tried something in the past but failed and left it.
but i read something about cargo units in the unit section.
So i wonder if someone has already done this?

Top Bottom