Retiring From CivRev

jayhawklaw

Chieftain
I have now won with each civilization all four ways on deity level. My work here is, I think, done.

Heard of MP? There you can play more than 16x4 games and still have fun. The 16x4 games (which could be less if you actually also focus on winning more than one win in the same game) are not too many to really get out what you could from this game. In addition, there are scenarios making the game run differently each time.

Of course, you are welcome to retire I can't argue against that, but winning the 16x4 on Deity is not a good reason. There are so much more to do in this game than filling in medals. Growing tired or the game? OK, then, that is a fair reason for retiring. We will all grow tired of games in the long run.

Happy Civ'ing!! ;-)

Many video games I see appear to have the premise that it is played "once", over multiple sessions, going from some initial point to the end. Once you solve the last puzzle / defeat the last enemy / finish the "story", the game is done.

Civ, on the other hand, is designed to be infinitely replayable. Never mind the 16x4. I can always pick it up, and play a different game, and have just as much fun as the first game I played.

Of course, everyone is different. My son is constantly trading games back to the store, because he has "beaten" them. To each his own. :shrug:

I just feel like I have spent enough time on the game at this point. It's one of my favorite games ever and I'd be surprised if I never played it again. I'm hoping that a CivRev2 is not far off.

I'd be surprised if a Civ Rev 2 came out for the current generation of consoles. I'd love to see it, but I doubt that's something that Take 2 or Firaxis are even considering at this point.

I wonder what Firaxis is up to though, haven't heard anything from them in quite a while.

I'd be surprised if a Civ Rev 2 came out for the current generation of consoles. I'd love to see it, but I doubt that's something that Take 2 or Firaxis are even considering at this point.

I wonder what Firaxis is up to though, haven't heard anything from them in quite a while.
Yeah a sequel or large expansion DLC for CivRev would be a fantastic suprise, but it's far from likely.

It's only six months since they released Colonization, don't think they got something right around the corner. Here's hoping though.

I also finished the 16*4 in deity, so I decided to play with restriction such as:
-city-state challenge: do not built any city
-Historical Accuracy: look at your opponent and make sure that what you do is historically accurate (Such as beating the aztecs as the Spanish (and I made it with conquistadors:D))

I'm am currently trying a game where I only get techs via exchanges, it's actually so difficult, I can only do it in warlord...

Top Bottom