Return to "My Idea for a new Civ feature"

I'm no expert on the Prussian army, especially not the Prussians of Frederick II's day, which was a whole lot different than the one formed after Napoleon. (Generally speaking, prior to Napoleon, the Prussian army was known as the perfect tin soldier army of cadaver discipline and shady recruitment practices. After Napoleon, it was founded on the basis of romantic German nationalism and an increasingly flexible doctrine of independent initiative. This was the army that Hitler ultimately inherited and what made it so great - Aufträgetaktik, mission specific operations entrusting low echelon unit commanders with ultimate responsibility, unlike any armed fighting force in the world up till 1945.)

Hmm... back on track. Simply put, the greatness of the Prussian army was not so much tied to a specific unit type as to organizational effectiveness and leadership itself, Frederick II included. Like you already have recognized, choosing a certain unit to resemble it becomes a tough job. Personally, like Amazon Queen, I also thought in terms of the Uhlan as a possible alternative (a form of lancer).

However, I don't really think that's good enough. Looking at the game as a whole, there is no use thinking national units must be tied to the era in which a specific leader lived, or does anyone suggest that Alexander would still rule the Greeks in the 20th century had he not succumbed to an illness in Persepolis?

See, this is precisely why UUs should be tied to nationalities and not individual guys. This "German problem" would be repeated with MOST civilizations... what was the special unit that gave Egyptians an advantage on the battlefield during the reign of Ramesses II vs. the reign of Hatshepsut?

See, this is precisely why UUs should be tied to nationalities and not individual guys. This "German problem" would be repeated with MOST civilizations... what was the special unit that gave Egyptians an advantage on the battlefield during the reign of Ramesses II vs. the reign of Hatshepsut?

Exactly. I entirely agree.

I'd like to have a Dilomatic trait . Something like :
+50% positive point in relation . (so instead of each +4 for example you will have +6 relation bonus)
and -25% WW in all city :D
this will be a must have trait for builder and peacemonger , even warmonger for less WW .

Top Bottom