Rev3Games Review

Huh, nice.

It's funny that he mentions uncertainty, new platforms, etc. A lot of up and coming gaming leaves me cold ( and that's probably a good thing as I've wasted too much of my life gaming already ) and I have the exact same feeling. BNW is sort of my PC gamer "get off my lawn" sanctuary ;)

Zac gave it 5/5 stars. He likes the new culture system, diplomacy and civs, but thinks it needs some balancing of the new mechanics (of course, that's no surprise to anyone here;)).

Watching it right now! Zac Minor is the forum "find" of this expansion!

Indeed.:D

First time we're seeing Enrico's full intro and seeing Ahmed's leaderscreen at all.

Thanks guys! Embargo is up so ill try and answer any questions you might have. I'm in Russia with limited access, so no promises but I'll try my best.

There's a ton of stuff to love in the expansion pack, and I can't wait to hear what you all think when it launches tonight/tomorrow. Enjoy :)

Thanks guys! Embargo is up so ill try and answer any questions you might have. I'm in Russia with limited access, so no promises but I'll try my best.

There's a ton of stuff to love in the expansion pack, and I can't wait to hear what you all think when it launches tonight/tomorrow. Enjoy :)

Could you elaborate on the rebalancing issues more specifically?

Which civs did you get a chance to play? All 9 of them? Or just a select few?

Great review by the way, you're truly one of the best

As excited as I am to play a culture/diplomacy game, I was wondering how all the new changes would affect the domination victory. Have you played a full game with domination in BNW? If so, how does it compare to Gods and Kings?

Just checking - are you Edward Snowden in RL? First, the revelations you've provided recently and now in Russia with limited access :cooool:?

Thanks for the review :thumbsup: !

My question: do the individual leaders come with a pre-set ideology preference?

Great review.

My question : does the settler liberty policy only give Venice a MoV, or does it also provide +MoV generation in the capital? Just curious.

Very thorough review, and completely fair on what you may have missed. Awesome, Zac - I doubt we'll get any better than this :)

I second this question. I am very curious to hear which things specifically felt like they need rebalancing (though World Congress sounds like one possibility).

Aussie.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the changes to gold trading with the AI (i.e. not being able to trade lump sum gold without a DoF), and how it impacted on you in the early game.

Also, how much of your life have you now waited following around the eagle in the backdrop to Pocatello? ;)

Thanks! I got to play all 9 civs, but I didn't finish complete games with all 9. I put around 35 hours into the review build. Rebalancing ties into what I mentioned about tourism production in my experience - most visibly - Musician/arist/writer production is equal, but the "minigame" heavily favors artists.

Great review.

My question : does the settler liberty policy only give Venice a MoV, or does it also provide +MoV generation in the capital? Just curious.

From what I can tell, it doesn't appear to affect MOV production.

Just checking - are you Edward Snowden in RL? First, the revelations you've provided recently and now in Russia with limited access :cooool:?

Thanks for the review :thumbsup: !

My question: do the individual leaders come with a pre-set ideology preference?

in so much as some leaders tend towards certain victory conditions. I'm sure this will become clearer as we hit the 100 hour mark ;)

I gotta run, that's it for now! Will Hopefully Get to more later.

And no, not snowden! Don't tell the embassy!

@zacminor What I am most interested in is: how does the difficulty level feel compared to GnK? Were you performing just as good, better or worse than in GnK? Did you have to go to a higher/lower difficulty level?

@zacminor What I am most interested in is: how does the difficulty level feel compared to GnK? Were you performing just as good, better or worse than in GnK? Did you have to go to a higher/lower difficulty level?

Like you guys, my first games were heavy diplo/culture, so I had to drop the difficulty down initially. After getting a handle on the new systems, I bumped
It back up.

Well that just made the next 13 and a half hours even longer!

Great review!!!

Top Bottom