Revelutions Walk through?

Sgt L

Chieftain
It was brought up in another thread that this MOD does not get much attention, and new players do not give it much of a chance.

The revolutions set of rules may be quite upsetting at first glance. People play their game normally, set about conquering the world, only to discover their whole nations falls apart around their ears.
Players are not ready for this, and do not understand. A brief walk-through on the mechanics of revolutions might assist in a more positive reception. My friends and I that play where not sure if the temporary -50 and -20 rev in from cast system, and one of the religion civics was a bonus or a penalty.

I am not sure where you should put this that people would actual read it,( I still derive amusement from the Jokes Sid left in the Civ II rule book.) but its an idea.

Yeah, the lack of transparency in revolution mechanics has been a thorn in my side since day one. Thankfully the next update of RevDCM nearly fully exposes the RevIdx effects in the city bar, so the user can see and figure things out. It'll be a drastic improvement I think.

I don't get it. I've played RFC (which comes shipped with BTS) once and it got it quite clear with everything here. When you mouse over the revolution bar, it tells you pros and cons of the current situation, so I don't know how can you miss it. Make bigger garrisons, adopt right civics, don't capture more cities than you need and you're pretty safe.

AI, on another hand, doesn't often understand revolution mechanics, which leads to a lot of revolts in AI empires and actually EASIER gameplay for a player.

Still, some expanded tutorial would be nice to read :).

My friends and I are mathematical munchkins. Knowing the specific formulas, and weather negative numbers are good or bad, would allow us to min max our empires.

Top Bottom