Revised Civilization Mod

Underground09 thanks for the effort :)

I would too appreciate some sum up like "makes the game pace faster" or such, only very general.
But I will read the manual tomorrow (at work :p) and check what you have done

Ok, back again after trying another game with the new version 4.
This time I opted for a continents map, standard and prince.
Why prince? I normally play on king, but from my previous game with the mod I noticed that on king the ai bonuses were quite unfair, when combined with the new research style: early rush from an aggressive ai is too much of a possibility, and even if they only have warriors (and cities are quite more difficult to take with the mod), I wanted to be able to test it enough, and not only build tons of units to counter that. ;)

So...how did it go?
Actually, quite good. Got a continent with Gandhi and the Iroquois, and very very few places to expand to (thanks to the +2 computer ai with the mod on standard). After building 3 cities and starting to churn out libraries, I noticed my score was still low compared to the technology lead I should have had. And then Hyawatha surprise attacked me with a very large army, considering I was playing on Prince. Besides from the tactics (would you consider integrating the Battle AI mod? I didn't use it this time, and i don't know if it would have made a difference or not... but something to consider), it was an harsh fight. Gandhi even accepted to go to war with me, for some gold and incense: this NEVER happened to me in the base game, so... some changes you've made to the economy might have done this. Or maybe it was just chance. Nevertheless, eventually I beat up the Iroquois, very long fight, very long sieges (loved this, it was actually quite impossible to win a siege without siege weapons, even if the AI, as always, didn't build any walls... :rolleyes: ), loved this!
Then I played the as****e card, and surprised Gandhi with my army.
And here things get quite exciting. First of all he had a NAVY. I was stunned. Sure it was trireme, and I got a couple of frigates but still... he used them to bombard me through a chokepoint. Getting this win was difficult, felt like a siege of several years, and was really a blast to play! If only the AI was a tad more intelligent, it would have counter attacked me and we would have had a serious war but... we all know how that goes, sadly... :sad:
Let's hope on some improvements via patch, or mod at least.
That said after conquering the continent, I was all set for a cultural victory.
This was quite an achievement, because it's almost impossible to win a culture victory in the base game! So:

-Quite liked the changes you made on happiness/culture on most of the buildings!
-The two worker limit was a problem only because you didn't consider that if I capture another civ workers, I can have as many as I want, and they'll keep producing them, so if I can do it the ai can too, and the fix you made won't work.... So maybe an hard limit on workers per civ, instead of only a limit on how many you can build? Maybe an instant cash prize when you capture one of your enemy? (But you don't get to keep it?) Just some food for thought.
-I absolutely love more Hp per unit and per City. If only the ai would understand to build defensive structure, we would have a very challenging game.
-Lastly, even though I had a huge technology lead by 1600 ad (i think 15 techs, when the science comparison popped up) it was better than my previous experience with the mod, so things are looking up. Still I got rifleman in 1600 ad, so the time scale still has to be a little optimized.

All in all, great work! Keep on working on this mod! :goodjob:

-The two worker limit was a problem only because you didn't consider that if I capture another civ workers, I can have as many as I want, and they'll keep producing them, so if I can do it the ai can too, and the fix you made won't work.... So maybe an hard limit on workers per civ, instead of only a limit on how many you can build? Maybe an instant cash prize when you capture one of your enemy? (But you don't get to keep it?) Just some food for thought.

Oddly enough, when you save for the night and re-load in the morning (or any re-load due to bug,mistake, etc.) it will destroy all your workers except 2.

The manual is very quick to access, and can be skimmed in, like, 3 minutes, so I would encourage anyone interested enough to look at this thread to go ahead and check it out.

However, I understand their reluctance, and have two suggestions to make.

First, you do have at aleast one "big idea" and that is changing research from population size to research elites. You could start that right up front, and it is something lots of players would be interested in.

Second, you give a table of contents but that, alas, is just a list of more or less all the things that could be changed. Perhaps add a sentence or two to indicate what sort of changes you make in that section.

Thanks for the mod,the only downside just it's make me play ciV more often :lol:.
Can't wait for next version :goodjob:

just one quick question since im not used to modding...how can i find the limit of workers and change it? i dont wanna spend hours of reading the modder guide for just one change...since u guys do seem to know already a lil hint would be nice *g

I would have prefered a htm or txt file though, since I have the habit of editing and changing texts that I read. I add my notes and keywords to make it easier to search for stuff later. In this case I had to convert your pdf to txt format, loosing all formating. Not good.

I'd like to second this request, but for a different reason. The font looks really thin and hard to read to me. If it was a simple text file or HTML I could then use whatever font I want to read it.

just one quick question since im not used to modding...how can i find the limit of workers and change it? i dont wanna spend hours of reading the modder guide for just one change...since u guys do seem to know already a lil hint would be nice *g

Open up the file "RCMWorkersRestricted.xml" in the "Defines" folder with Notepad or any text editor. Change the two values to whatever you want. After you're done make sure it's properly saved as a .xml file.

Top Bottom