Revolution #2

From Sardinia-Piedmont
To Corsica, Britain, etc...

We would be more than willing to make it a wedding between Italian Royalty if this will appease everyone.

Well, after consideration, I will be adding a new rule into the set to better reflect warfare of this time period. This rule reflects various forms of conscription and creation of larger armies during this time frame. Because of this, I will be pushing back the deadline to Sunday in order to provide more time to adjust to the new rules.

Please check out the rules under the Military Matters section regarding Conscription.

@EQ: Since Nuclear Kid isn't playing South Carolina any longer can you let me know via PM if they will send some aid?

EQ: Can you reply to my PM to SC too in that case?

And could the other person whom I sent a PM to reply too, even if it's a refusal?

OOC: I like the tribal bounties a lot. Very good accurate reflection of the wars of the period. I was actually planning on asking how that would work in PM before this stat were posted, in case of invasion.

How do NESers with Macs edit their maps? What program do you use? I became a Macguy during the period I stopped NESing, and now that I'm back I would like to be able to basically do what I used to do in Paint. Is there a simple way? I have Gimp, but my skills with it are quite gimpy and I will admit I'm very confused by it...

Treaty of Springfield (signatories Berkshire, Massachusetts)

1. Massachusetts shall support the admission of Berkshire to the Union as a separate Free state.
2. Massachusetts shall tolerate and shall not curtail Berkshire's autonomy, and shall not seek to apply Massachusetts's laws on Berkshire's territory, or send troops into Berkshire's territory.
3. Berkshire shall not allow any troops other than its own army on its own territory.
4. Berkshire shall, every time it holds elections, have a clear option on the ballot to hold a referendum on the reunion of Berkshire with Massachusetts, and shall hold such a referendum if 40% of those who vote in the election vote for a referendum.
5. Berkshire shall immediately hold a referendum on the reunion of Berkshire with Massachusetts if it does not hold an election for a period of five consecutive years.
6. Any such referendum or election to hold a referendum shall be free, fair, and binding.
7. Any such referendum shall require a simple majority to pass.
8. A joint commission, with delegates from Berkshire and Massachusetts, shall be set up to ensure the free and fair nature of these referenda whenever they are held.
9. Berkshire will not encourage any further secessions from Massachusetts's territory.
10. The Treaty of Cheshire is null and void.

Signed Governor Samuel Adams of Massachusetts

EQ, please sign this for Berkshire.

Berkshire signs in agreement.

As for South Carolinian diplo, I will answer if the Private Messages are forwarded to me.

Behind the Mask, please remember to confirm the treaty in your orders.

Also, the lack of ability to put attachments in PMs is super lame

Put 100 EP into a field of research=Get a new technology and get a bonus. Eventually, that technology goes around with world. For example I, at 2 EP, would have to spend my entire EP for 50 years to research something new. With you at 10, it would only take you 10 years to research something new, if you put everything into research.

So, increasing EP via research (or any research at all, really) is only useful if you have a lot of EP. You'll just have to wait for the new technology to come to you.

OOC: What Haseri said with the addition that as a member of the Asian Tech Group Durrani needs to spend 300 EP for a technological advance. The Asian Tech Group will also in most/all circumstances not be included in the Western technological spread. Durrani can join the Western tech group by spending 1500 EP towards technology which would then bring it into the Western tech group.

It should also be mentioned that events much like what occurred in OTL to Japan can happen to non Western tech group countries which could either lower the amount required or give small one time boosts towards research.(E.G. Western Tech Country A offering Asian Tech Country A modernization assistance in exchange for favourable trade rights, Western Tech Navies force opening up countries towards the Western world etc.)

EDIT: My understanding of the tech rules are also that should the Islamic Tech group research a tech before the Western Tech group this would only spread internally of the Islamic Tech group for some time.

Orders sent...

I made a mistake on one of the PM's and sent it in with a bad notepad format; you'll see once you get it.

If you accept the altered payment plan, yes. Eq, please go through with the japan deal in my orders.

OOC: I like the tribal bounties a lot. Very good accurate reflection of the wars of the period. I was actually planning on asking how that would work in PM before this stat were posted, in case of invasion.

How do NESers with Macs edit their maps? What program do you use? I became a Macguy during the period I stopped NESing, and now that I'm back I would like to be able to basically do what I used to do in Paint. Is there a simple way? I have Gimp, but my skills with it are quite gimpy and I will admit I'm very confused by it...

I NESed in Mac before I went to PC, and I used Photoshop for all my mapping tools.

Photoshop can be expensive, but if you can get a discount from your local university it can be well worth it. This is because free drawing programs on Mac that are any good are few and far in between.

Now, you said you used to use Paint. I don't really know of any good Paint substitutes on the Mac, Appleworks is the closest I can think of but lacks critical image conversion features.

Top Bottom