• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Revolution: with BarbarianCiv, Rebellion, AIAutoPlay

Another question: What happen if i start the game with 34 civs? How will the revulotions work?

And what is confederations?

ok ive found where to unzip the file to download C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods

but when i try to unzip it .... it says that i need a password on all files

so close:cry:

Sorry, it works for me with no prompt for a password ... what are you unzipping it with? Are you using a Mac or PC?

Another question: What happen if i start the game with 34 civs? How will the revulotions work?

And what is confederations?

The answer is most likely that Revolution will generate barbs when all 34 civs are alive. If a civ has died and existed near the place where the revolt is happening, they will be reincarnated by Revolution. If you have defined more civs in xml and are using a 48 civ dll, then Revolution will keep adding civ until there are 48 or no more civ types defined.

Confederations are an idea to have civs band together, effectively non-Permanent Permanent Alliances or Vassal states where the two civs are on equal footing ... this idea is not currently working or implemented in the mod.

Sorry, it works for me with no prompt for a password ... what are you unzipping it with? Are you using a Mac or PC?

im using a dell with windows xp...

i got onto the admin account and unzipped it there so now its unzipped into
that file... when i start civ4 i go to mods and it restarts to load revolution and it stops loading at my desktop

i went inside the revolution folder and went to revolution config
; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

do i change the 0 to 1?

im using a dell with windows xp...

i got onto the admin account and unzipped it there so now its unzipped into
that file... when i start civ4 i go to mods and it restarts to load revolution and it stops loading at my desktop

i went inside the revolution folder and went to revolution config
; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

do i change the 0 to 1?

There's no need to change that setting, it would just limit you from trying multiplayer and not cause a crash.

There are two possibilities for why loading the mod is crashing if you've installed it correctly (ie the DLL, Python folder, etc are located at \Mods\Revolution\Assets\ inside your Program Files folder):

1. What version of civ4 are you running? The old vanilla version of the mod is only for 1.61, not for 1.7x or whatever it was that came out last fall. My guess is this is what is causing the crash you're seeing.

2. You have some xml or python files in your My Games\Civ4\CustomAssets folder which conflict with the mod.

Hope that helps.

Playing Chineese on the China + Egypt + Sumaria + India start map. On Marathon, with my custom assets that are not conflicting with your mod (so far)...

Pretty damn good mod. 250 turns in with 1 quashed rebellion around Bejing. However, it says that if I pursue the revolution matter by military means and win I will be rewarded with great glory. 'If you then managed to reunite your country, the glory would be tremendous.'

But just a few 15 turns later the revolt watch had the city bar almost full again, even though the whole time it had been ' Danger improving'. Suffice to say I got the message saying the people are unhappy and have revolutionary views and I feel somewhat peeved about these good-for-nothing peasants!

Nonetheless this mod is Godlike. I really apreciate your work.

Playing Chineese on the China + Egypt + Sumaria + India start map. On Marathon, with my custom assets that are not conflicting with your mod (so far)...

Would you be able to keep us updated/post some screenshots as the game progresses? I'm really interested to see how the world develops on this map.

just one question.... is marathon extremely slow or fast?

just one question.... is marathon extremely slow or fast?

Extremly slow. Always played marathon until I was told how to mod my own speeds.

(The marathon is a long-distance running event of 42.195 kilometres :sad: that can be run either as a road race or off-road. And well you dont end that race pretty fast...) ;)

Pretty damn good mod. 250 turns in with 1 quashed rebellion around Bejing. However, it says that if I pursue the revolution matter by military means and win I will be rewarded with great glory. 'If you then managed to reunite your country, the glory would be tremendous.'

But just a few 15 turns later the revolt watch had the city bar almost full again, even though the whole time it had been ' Danger improving'. Suffice to say I got the message saying the people are unhappy and have revolutionary views and I feel somewhat peeved about these good-for-nothing peasants!

Nonetheless this mod is Godlike. I really apreciate your work.

Glad you're enjoying it! :D

When you put down a revolt each city that revolted gets a large drop in their Rev Index ... however, it won't necessarily change them from Danger to Warning or below, it's a large proportional drop (ie ~30% in some cases) but there's a lot of space above Danger for really mad cities.

If it did drop down to Warning and then was quickly back up to Danger while still reporting 'Improving', then most likely some national effects kicked it back up. These can include things like high tax rates, economic trouble, switching to 'bad' civics, losing cities in war, etc. The 'Improving' label only indicates the city specific circumstances are good on net, it doesn't take into account the national level effects which also influence the Rev Index.

The separation between local vs. national effects and showing them in a more logical way is something I'm working on for the next big update ... it is a little confusing right now I realize :crazyeye: . Hope my explanation makes sense though.

Extremly slow. Always played marathon until I was told how to mod my own speeds.

(The marathon is a long-distance running event of 42.195 kilometres :sad: that can be run either as a road race or off-road. And well you dont end that race pretty fast...) ;)

ok thanks... i need to know this cuz im playing (or at least trying) to play Song Of the Moon.. and they had added that speed to it

BobtheTerrible said:
Would you be able to keep us updated/post some screenshots as the game progresses? I'm really interested to see how the world develops on this map.

I had that in mind when I started this mod, and have a save every 100 turns. im 500 in now So ill post some screenshots from when I load them up. So far the french tribe settled down in eastern India, with the actual Indians spreading into Persia. The Mali tribe apeared in Burma before being conqured by the French, the Zulu tribe apeared in Manchuria breifly before being razed to the ground by the Indians. And Ive met the non-negotiable Minor tribe Japanese who by coincidence started in Japan. The English too found barbarian life too rough and settled down in southern Russia.

If it did drop down to Warning and then was quickly back up to Danger while still reporting 'Improving', then most likely some national effects kicked it back up. These can include things like high tax rates, economic trouble, switching to 'bad' civics, losing cities in war, etc. The 'Improving' label only indicates the city specific circumstances are good on net, it doesn't take into account the national level effects which also influence the Rev Index.

No it didn't jump back up from Warning to Danger, rather it stayed at Danger once I had defeated the rebels. Now the only negetive effects on the populace is Happiness cap and the rebelious spirit, the happiness i can cope with by placing more units in Bejing, (Herititary Rule) the Rebelious spirit seams consistent no matter what. Playing on Marathon im about midway in the Classical age with a long way to go before some better civics step in to improve the situation.

Ive had no other wars with anyone, and only a brief encounter with the Minor Tribe Mali in Indochina and the tax rates tag I only saw when research was at 20% so the only thing to affect the spirit is my refusal to hand over the government.

The only thing I'm really bringing to light is that the situation was always ' improving' but the people still didnt like it and some turns later I was hit with the peaceful request for change, then demand for it, and eventualy civil war.

I got an idea. A way to through diplomacy be able to give every city and unit and money espionage points to another civ.
The AI should not give up his lands very easy.

Anyway, how is the confederation project going? I mean i havent seen it in diplomacy window.

nvm...
i was just trying to do this from an account where i need a password to go through the program files.

im using revolution now and its great thanks!

the only problem i have is that i have way to many " revolution threats "

like this place is unhappy... ifix it and another ones unhappy..

oh well great mod thing:)

I got an idea. A way to through diplomacy be able to give every city and unit and money espionage points to another civ.
The AI should not give up his lands very easy.

Anyway, how is the confederation project going? I mean i havent seen it in diplomacy window.
I'm definitely planning on creating events where rebel civs will ask for help in their fight. You'll be able to give money, espionage points, units, join the fight, or tell them to go away. Adding things to the diplomacy window is only possible in certain circumstances since it's tied up in the exe which isn't moddable ...

Confederations is not currently being worked on and I don't have a plan to start it back up anytime soon. There are other aspects with more bang for the buck so to speak.

Hmm have everyone reading this forum died?! I mean it has been days since anyone wrote anything here!:cry:

It comes and goes ... plus, most posting now happens in the sub-forum in my sig.

Have tried digging through this 71 page thread to no avail.... I get the no interface problem, but I am using Beyond the Sword - and the fix that is linked to in the FAQ is for Warlords. Is there a fix for BTS? Again, I have TRIED looking in this thread for quite some time and can't seem to find anything like it.

From the looks of it, looks like that post is basically saying it is a problem with paths?

Unfortunately, I can't make heads or tails of what the problem is. I installed in standard paths, and the file CvPath.py appears to already be modded for BTS.

Is it perhaps a Vista issue, in that some paths are different in Vista? If so, what would be the fix? I tried inputting the paths manually in that file, but apparently I'm not doing something right, or there is some other problem. Have now spent nearly two hours trying to get this to work, as I used to enjoy this mod very much back when I got Warlords, but now with BTS I just cannot get it to work.

EDIT AGAIN... okay, I'm using the BUG mod. Perhaps the FAQ section on "no interface" could be expanded to include this as a more likely culprit rather than sending people on a wild goose chase?

Yeah, sorry. Keeping all the documentation up to date takes almost more time than coding. My apologies, will update the FAQ immediately.

There is a note in the installation instructions about emptying out the /My Games/BTS/Custom Assets/ folder, but it's certainly easy to miss. I'll add another FAQ on general crashes with this advice too.

New version posted in the sub-forum (link in sig), 1.36 for BTS 3.13. The previous version which I didn't announce here (1.35) had several big changes, 1.36 fix just fixes a little bug in a new game mode where all civs start as minor civs and settle into full civs after discovering writing. Definitely makes for more conflict in the Ancient Era and I think is a very interesting change to game play. This feature can be enabled (defaults to off) using "MinorUntilWriting" in Revolution.ini.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom