RFC: BtS Bug Reports

I downloaded the 302 patch and the game is still doing CTD's every few turns. The only other mod/scenario that is giving me CTD trouble is Final Frontier.

I think the CTD's in RFC have something to do with (re-)meeting Germany when they have Charlemagne as their leaderhead i.e. it has something to do with the Charlemagne leaderhead being used for Germany (I think). The CTD's always seem to happen when I re-establish contact with Germany. There may also be a CTD problem with contacting the Portuguese but I don't know for sure.

How do I replace/get rid of the Charlemagne leaderhead for Germany??

I've attached one of my save files with this problem-- perhaps someone can tell me if they see the same difficulty of the game not loading?

Tried to load it, I just stayed there looking at the clouds running over the Mediterrenean, lights spreading at night.... Very romantic. But useless.
I even tried downgrading BtS to version 3.00, but still your save is blocked.
:(

I've had only a couple of CTDs and they both involved loading autosaves. I have been playing it pretty steady since I got the game on Friday.

ltccone

Tried to load it, I just stayed there looking at the clouds running over the Mediterrenean, lights spreading at night.... Very romantic. But useless.
I even tried downgrading BtS to version 3.00, but still your save is blocked.
:(

Thank you for trying to run it and looking for romantic appeal. I'll take a look at it again later and see if it gets me in the mood.

I just thought of another perhaps telling detail of my problem game that may identify the glitch. After I switched from Japan to Spain, turns would end automatically for me, meaning that after I had moved all the units with available moves, the turn would automatically end, without showing a red button to allow me to end the turn myself.

While playing, I assumed Rhye had put this feature in to speed the game up. I suppose not.

I choose protugal to play this MOD. and finished the first histrical goal.
And the 2nd goal is to have 7 open borders with other civs in 1650, i think it is easy too. but, when i finished this in 1650 , the advicer told me this is no accmplish. I don't know why?
PLS Check it.

I choose protugal to play this MOD. and finished the first histrical goal.
And the 2nd goal is to have 7 open borders with other civs in 1650, i think it is easy too. but, when i finished this in 1650 , the advicer told me this is no accmplish. I don't know why?
PLS Check it.

Upload a savegame then :p

I just thought of another perhaps telling detail of my problem game that may identify the glitch. After I switched from Japan to Spain, turns would end automatically for me, meaning that after I had moved all the units with available moves, the turn would automatically end, without showing a red button to allow me to end the turn myself.

While playing, I assumed Rhye had put this feature in to speed the game up. I suppose not.

it was the same for me in rfc vanilla and rfcw, i always thought that couldnt be changed due to whatever hardcoded thing....

I can't quite remember, but I always thought saving and exiting fixed that problem.

Upload a savegame then :p

HERE is the save. In 1640 , the protugal has finish the first historical goal. and control the Mexico area.

Attachments

• Joao II AD-1645 Turn 280.CivBeyondSwordSave
    809.6 KB · Views: 285
Playing as Khmer, the viking asked for a defensive pact from me on one turn, then declared war on me the next. Not so sure this is supposed to happen.

My technique for fixing the "end turn thingy" is to go into options turn it off and back on...I think that worked for me last time.

Not sure if this is a bug or something I have just never encountered. I have built a road through jungle, yet my units can't enter the square to attack an impi that is sitting there (road intact)

Not sure if this is a bug or something I have just never encountered. I have built a road through jungle, yet my units can't enter the square to attack an impi that is sitting there (road intact)

AFAIK the only units of yours that can enter Jungle are workers, scouts and war elephants.

AFAIK the only units of yours that can enter Jungle are workers, scouts and war elephants.

Even with a road? That defeats the purpose of the road. Especailly since some native units can enter these squares.

This is a problem I had going back to vanilla...I can't seem to demand gold from another civ in the diplomacy screen. Everytime I click on another civ's gold revenue nothing happens. I thought it might be just something with vanilla but the same issue appears in BtS too.

When in the Glance Tab in the Diplomatic Menu, the number to the left are on top of the leaderheads. =p

My technique for fixing the "end turn thingy" is to go into options turn it off and back on...I think that worked for me last time.

Right you are. If I go to options and disable and enable the end turn option, it will turn back to normal.

Do you have a save before switching to Spain?

Yes, attached, and playing around with it allowed me to discover a couple things.

1. My saves after switching can not be loaded by opening the save file directly, as I've been doing, but can be opened if I have the game and mod already running and use the Load Game function to open the save file.
  2. I can reproduce the problem by switching to any country. You'll first get the opportunity to switch to the French in 750 AD, or the English a bit later, and you can see what I mean about the end turn option getting messed up.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0730 Turn 164.CivBeyondSwordSave
    323.6 KB · Views: 236
Top Bottom