RFC: BtS Bug Reports

The dog soldiers appear on mountains only for the Inca (both north and south). They are meant to be coming from nowhere to harass you. :lol:

It's 20 stables if you're playing the current patch.

actually I've had it with 6 stables with Carthage (at least, the quest text asked for 6). I was surprised... however I didn't bother to complete it, although I was trying to (was at 5 with 7 cities) but then I got the historical victory. I may still have a save to test if it works with 6 stables.

I have a problem. Whenever I started a game in 600 AD Unlocked as France and Spain, It starts at 900 A.D, and I only had a settler and a warrior, no techs, and the cities didn't flip to me. Also, only the starting 4 civs are there. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Weird France.CivBeyondSwordSave
    119.3 KB · Views: 49
For a while I had this problem with my dates being screwed up (900AD in game really meant 600AD back then) but I reinstalled 1.184 and it was fine. Starting with no techs is like what happens when you use WB to put in a civ that hasn't been chronologically "born" yet by giving them something like a settler or a warrior, etc. No clue on the only starting civs tho. Try playing it out to see if anyone else spawns.

Edit: Actually, in my problem, 900 in game meant 600, but spain and france would have showed up in 1020 and 1050 respectively, not 900. Also, there are no four starting civs in 600 unlocked, there are 3 (China, Japan, Vikings); so do you mean Egypt, Babylon, India and China are the only ones there?

Well, There are 4... What about Arabia? And, I don't know if they spawn or not, but Dutch does, like almost immediatly, as if it was supposed to do that.

The autoplay says -15: turns left, just as I start, without doing anything. Anything that spawns after 900 A.D. seems normal, but anything before isn't there if I'm not it, or it's just a settler w/ warrior. It's annoying, because I COULD just put them in and be happy..

Could it be because of the patch?

Edit: Turns out 600 A.D. works fine, not the unlocked version.

I started with 3000BC as England, with the intention of switching off to America in 1777AD... but, after the switch, America has no technologies, forcing me to start researching from the stone age.

i was playing babylon and i had flipped Sur from the independents. but because of the culture coming from Jerusalem (holy city) there was a lot of independent culture in Sur. then twice in the same game Sur had a babylonian revolt in it and it was still under my control. im guessing this is a typo and that it should have said independent

it doesn't erase the old culture, it trasfers it to the new civ (that's a BIG difference). I suspect you started one turn later than you should. It's happened to me a couple of times in RAND. Try reloading the autosave of the turn before the supposed spawn turn.

I only quoted for one reason... How do you load an autosave? I would greatly appreciate any help...:crazyeye:

Do a load game as always, and look in the left side, there should be auto-save folder, click it and you should have the option to load saves that are in that folder (auto-saves).

Usually, when a city flips, it keeps some of foreign culture... And it's possible Jerusalem just completly covered Sur with culture.

yes i flipped Sur but it said that there was a babylonian revolt in Sur even though i (babylon) already owned it. it probably meant to say independent but it didnt

yeah my city was in revolt. it probably was an independent revolt due to Jerusalems overbearing culture. but it didnt say independent. it said babylonian. twice. one in green like a city in another empire is revolting which is good. and red which is like a city of yours is revolting.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but in some games my workers don't spawn in the capital. This has happened to me a few times as Japan and Persia now.

If you don't found your capital by the end of your 2nd move, you won't have workers. This is the basis of the limitations of squatting, and why Rome/Lisboa/Breme were the best choices for squatting. In 600 AD the Vikings start with workers, so they can basically go anywhere.

Yep I know that you need a city at the 2nd turn.
As Japan I usually found Edo as my capital, which is possible on the 2nd turn. Mostly I get my workers though, but sometimes i dont. :/

Not the most important bug in the world, but playing as Greece Athens didnt get renamed to Athenai when I captured it - kept its original Babylonian name.

How did the Babylonians get to Athens? Are you sure you're not mixing up with another city? A screenshot and a save could help Rhye or anyone else who knows a bit of coding find the problem.

Maybe he was at war with Babylonia, who captured Athens, and then he recaptured it?

I don't think Babylonia is capable of capturing Athens if it's the AI :crazyeye:
Even if Greece lets it capture.

Top Bottom