[RFC] The British conquer the world! (emperor level)

I totally agree about Dublin being a crappy city, but razing in emperor mode is not really advisable. It's not so bad since it is on a river and can be a little more productive in the future with a levee.
I goofed by not using the GE for the Spiral Minaret.
Budapest in its location is the only logical choice (if you found it 1N it would overlap with Berlin and not capture the copper). I would like to found it 1E of my current location (i.e. Bucharest) to capture more land tiles, but Byzantine culture prevents that.
Yes, my next target should be Rome. As long as the Turks are involved with the Arabs, we can let Constantinople/Athens alone, but Rome must be captured before Germany or France does.

Your Coventry is actually Zagreb if I remember right - in my German games I settle it if for some reason I have to have Berlin - production is MASSIVE in Zagreb, I think it is because we have access to more metals from Croatia.

Your Hastings is Riga or more likely Pskov by the way, not Vilnius (That would be 1SW, I think)

1540: Rennes is captured by Spain. Another great spy is born, I use him to scout out Russia as we have plenty of espionage against the Vikings who have Military Tradition and are researching military science, the only 2 techs we don't really have to research. Trade a cow to the Chinese for some incense.
1545: Liberalism-->Astronomy. 2 turns for gunpowder then we steal MT. Salaga (Mali) captured by barbs. We trade for drama from Mali with compass and direct them to research guilds (since we can't gift it to them, all our vassals will need to research engineering and guilds on their own).

1550: 1st settler built for the New World.
1555: Gunpowder in, not quite enough espionage to steal MT from Vikings, but that's OK, our great spy is going back towards Scandinavia. Research Economics next. I switch us to mercantilism and free speech, in anticipation of getting economics without the stability onus and also that our empire (plus vassals) is large enough to sustain no foreign trades. The next big civic switch should be representation and free religion, once the American cities have enough infrastructure. Rome is defended by a lone longbow!:D
1560: The odds are quite bad for a lone longbow with 125% defense and double city defense. It killed 2 elephants and a maceman, but we capture Rome. Also, our 2nd GG is born and I send him towards Kiev for a Military Academy eventually. We found New Orleans. Since the Portuguese kept begging, I allow them to be our vassals (seeing that the Aztec capital is about to be captured by barbs).

1565:uneventful
1570: Rome comes out of revolt.
1580: France makes peace with Spain. A big stack from Germany goes towards Constantinople which I know has plenty of strongly promoted longbows, so good luck with them while I build my cannon. Teotihuacan is about to fall, and will basically get rid of the Aztecs as a vassal for us. We have met the Mongolians and were nice to them, so hopefully either them or the Chinese (who are at war with them) will want us as masters.

1585: Aztecs die. Our culture in Tultan should be able to flip that city and disband it. The German stack goes towards Venice!
1595: Economics done, saving great merchant for a golden age. Great spy reaches Finland and will infiltrate next turn
1600: MT stolen. Venice is captured by Germany so we send some workers over to Italy. Harbormaster quest, and as luck would have it, we have 7 coastal cities (Rome, the 4 British Isles cities, Hastings, New Orleans) and we just need to build 2 more caravels.

1605: We get a Great Engineer in our capital, and together with our free great merchant, initiate our first golden age. Russia looks really antsy so I demand 110 gold from them for a peace treaty.
1610: We complete the Forbidden City in Kiev and start spamming troops over there. Plague spreads in Tucume. We are AP resident and spread Anglicanism far and wide:

1615: Hm, France becomes Russia's vassal. We may have a 2 front war on our hands in the near future...We build the Summer Palace in Mexico.
1620: All our 7 harbors are done, 2 more turns to a 4th caravel. Printing Press done, Constitution next.
1625: Yet another Great Spy born in Inverness, I send him towards Russia.
1630: We complete the harbormaster quest. We can have 1+g in all harbors, combat I or navigation I for all ships, so true to our sailing tradition (and some future invincible battleships), we choose combat I for all ships.
1640: A privateer kills our caravel. Spain makes peace with Arabia but declares war on the Dutch (just about right in history). 2nd Settler arrives in the New World and goes for Chicago. We steal Military Science from the Vikings the minute the learn it.
1645: Our GA ends, but we have our first constitution...just around the time of the Protectorate. So we switch to Representation and Free Religion and start the Taj Mahal in Coventry. Christian Europe is revolted at our apostasy, but Turkey is pleased with us, so I ask for a peace treaty with 5g.

1660: As expected, Russia declares war on us and Vikings declare on Russia as per our DP. France is caught in the middle and can't really harm us since they have no coastal cities, and Rome can defend herself. What I'm more worried about is Germany...
1665: And sure enough, Germany demands Banking for peace, which I give in, for now.:(

1675: The war drags on, Rome is actually outmatched but shouldn't really be in danger. We get Scientific Method and go for Physics next.
1680: The Battle (or rather, Massacre) of Hastings:

And to celebrate the peace, a Great Engineer is born in our capital...I save him for the Statue of Liberty in America.

1695: Nothing much happens after the peace, except the city of Teotihuacan finally flips to us and we disband it. We about to build Denver.

1703: We finish the Taj Mahal (and about time, since we're just stable due to our civics and expansion)...and as usual, the Rhye machine manufactures a plague for us in Amsterdam. :mad:
1709: The inevitable happens: Constantinople is captured by the Turks. We instantly capture it but discover that there's a big stack in Sogut...(happens that the Mongolians are also at war with the Turks so be OB with the former).

1712: We use 3 great people for another golden age (too bad we had to sacrifice the great engineer)...Our troops approach Athens.
1718: Arabia declares war on Turkey. :) France, which has broken off its yoke, is still at war with the Vikings, and wants us to attack our ally...yeah right. We capture Athens:

1724: Trading company built in our capital. We make peace with Turkey.
1730: Corporation in, Democracy next (6 moves)
1733: Our airships gives us maps of Australia and central Asia (and soon South America) which net us 500 g
1736: A stupid great priest is born in our capital and I settle him. sigh
1742: Opera house built in Inverness. A great military instructor is bought with money in Hungary. A settler will be done next turn who will wait on the shores of the 13 colonies to box America in.

1745: Democracy is in, communism next (need more stability buildings since our golden age is just about over).
1748: Lemberg becomes independent! Hopefully it'll just flip under Kiev's culture.
1763: Communism is in, electricity next. We about to steal chemistry from the Portuguese. Stability is only shaky...
1772: We steal chemistry from the Portuguese. Both they and the Khmer are researching steel for us.

1776: We meet the Americans, who're cautious of us due to our many vassals. We give them a world map and they are still just cautious. I devote all our espionage against them to hopefully steal nationalism and rifling from them before I either vassalize them or kill them.

1779: Venice becomes independent, taking some tiles from Rome.
1781: We get the 7 Amphitheater quest.
1784: Lemberg flips to us and is disbanded.

Too bad we let some of the Americans escape (now they can found New York or Boston)...but we cut them off in Canada with Fort Rupert.

1790: Electricity in. RP next (need to steal rifling ASAP). Germany declares war on...Japan?:confused:
1796: We finish the Amphitheater quest, use it for culture. 1st congress about to start...
1799: Steam power next.
1802: Long story short, everybody wants a piece of us:

1805: Maya respawns...whew. Lisboa gets captured by Spain, no surprise there.
1811: Kill a French stack outside Rome.
1814: We steal rifling from the Americans. AL next and then we'll see who wants to take us on.
1820: We make peace with the Russians and OB with them (they're still at war with the Vikings)
1826: Kremlin completed. AP resolution to make peace with Vikings fails. We capture Washington:

1832: We make peace with the Vikings and Arabia. America has vassalized to Spain so we can't make peace yet.
1835: Germany collapses and Berlin flips to the Dutch while Venice and Frankfurt go to the French. We build the Statue of Liberty in Kiev.

1838: AL in, Radio next. Charleston is captured.
1841: Nationalism stolen from the Americans.
1844: Russia declares war on Turkey and Mongolia...whew, that stack in Sogut was making me worried. We capture Philadelphia and make peace with Spain and her vassals (Netherlands/America, now confined to the NE corner).
1846: We steal steel from the Portuguese.

Which city has the +100% culture National Wonder? Looks like several of your key cities aren't currently using their complete BFC and could use this?

1846: The Aztecs respawn, but since they're willing to vassalize, we don't declare war on them...(plus they respawn with infantry). We direct them to research artillery while we go to Radio and then fission (previous partially bulbed by 2 scientists)
1858: We declare war on Maya, since Aztecs need to really expand to be of any use research-wise.
1860: Radio is in, and we get a GA next turn. Fascism next. Chicago starts Cristo Redentor. Somebody will probably declare war next turn...

1862: Well sure enough Russia/France declare on us. We OB with Turkey and China.
1864: Yax Mutal is captured.

1866: Thankfully all of the conferences ended in no war, and our vassal Khmer even gained Guangzhou. :king:
1868: Pentagon done in Denver, Olympic Park in Coventry which starts on Ironworks. 1870: We kill a bunch of Russian curassiers and Stalin makes peace.
1872: Chichen Itza is conquered and it is liberated to the Aztecs, along with Yax Mutal. We get a fun event:

1874: Cristo Redentor is done in Chicago. I will not conquer any more cities until we have industrialism, railroad, combustion, artillery, and rocketry, because we need to squeeze every bit of research from representation.
1876: As usual, plague spreads in Philadelphia while I'm in a GA. :mad:
1878: Fission is done, Coventry will build it in 6 turns. Railroad next. Egypt respawns and Arabia declares war on her. France collapses and Paris flips to the Dutch.
1880: The freaking Aztecs, tennis players par excellence, build Wembley before we do! :mad: I demand a football event from them. :D Kiev stops building Wembley and starts the National Gallery to get some more culture going against the Russians.
This makes me so mad that I have to go eat some dinner.

1882: Graceland is done in Denver. We convert a lot of cities to wealth to maximize research.
1890: The devastating plague ends. Railroad is done. Manhattan project is done. Industrialism next. 1 step closer to Industrialism by a lucky event.

1896: GA ends. Arabia declares war on us. We OB with Egypt. I kill a couple of Arabian caravels. Whatever.
1898: only Stable!
1900: Combustion next
1904: Channel Tunnel done in capital. We make peace with Arabia.
1908: Babylon respawns and Turkey declares on it. We're only 4th in power but that's about to change...

1910: Combustion in, flight next.
1912: Congress in 3 moves. Artillery stolen from the Aztecs. We switch to police state, communism and nationhood, since we're just shaky.
1914: Biology stolen from the Portuguese.
1916: 2nd World War starts all because of Istanbul:

1920: We capture Frankfurt and San Francisco. We're very solid under our current civics.

1922: Popham is captured.
1924: Berlin is captured
1926: Halifax is down
1930: Markland captured
1932: Concepcion captured by Portugal. We capture Copenhagen and liberate San Francisco to Aztecs for a little bit of stability.
1934: Amsterdam and Wonderstrand are captured. And we have rocketry! All wealth is being shifted towards nukes while cities with airports continue with units. Markland and Wonderstrand liberated to Aztecs. 11 turns to Plastics.
1935: Paris is captured.
1936: Turkey collapses. The Americans respawn, taking Washington and San Francisco. We declare on them right away.
1937: Aztecs capture Washington. Anse-aux-Meadows captured and liberated to Aztecs. We're going to keep SFA ourselves this time.
Witness the first nukes which led to the capture of Bordeaux and the destruction of the Spanish SOD:

1938: Valencia is captured. Spain almost has AL!
1939: Madrid and Tripoli captured
1940: Seville captured and liberated to Mali
1941: Lisboa and San Francisco captured. Cumana and Caracas liberated to Portugal. Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim captured. Nobody will capitulate: "You've grown too powerful.":mad:
1942: Santiago is captured and we're finally able to liberate Lisboa back to Portugal.
1943: Alger and Umea captured
1944: Spain collapses. Havana liberated to Aztecs.
1945: I declare war on Russia (and thus Babylon declares war on us) and preemptively nuke 2 big stacks in Lulea and Stavrapol. Corrientes, Hammerfest and Montevideo captured, Mellila liberated to Mali and Corrientes to Inca.

I may not be able to pull a conquest off. The stability boost for liberating cities is much nerfed by Rhye. I might have to switch to domination mode. Russia is also looking rather fearsome and has to be tackled soon.

1946: Ethiopia and Vikings collapse. We capture Kalinin, Husavik, Lulea, Narvik, Bengazi, Venice. None can be liberated! :(
1947: Hammerfest got surprised by 2 Russian rifles but we capture it back. Montevideo and Buenos Aires captured/liberated to Inca. Murmansk captured. Unstable!
1948: Mass Media learned coinciding with the call for the next conference. I use my saved GE to build the UN. Alexandria, Moskow, Saratov and Springbok captured.
1949: UN finishes. Cairo captured. Cape Hope and Springbok liberated to Mali. We also give Ghadimis (a desert town south of Tripoli) to China which brings us back to shaky.
1950: Kostroma and Archangelsk captured. We liberate Valdivia to Inca.

1951: We got lucky. Persia respawns, and we give them a map and Bengazi, they're just cautious initially but became angry when they heard about our vassals.
We capture Aswan, Izevsk and Santiago de Chile (which we liberate to Inca).

1952: Rio Gallegos captured and liberated to Inca--SAm is ours completely. Magnitogorsk captured. Mogadishu and Kufah captured.
1953: Inta and Sverdlovsk captured. Mogadishu given to Persians.
#$%&@#$%! I have never EVER gotten this event before. :mad:

I forgot that I had made Moai Statues for Rapa Nui and here we capture it for the Incans:

Getting kind of sick of this game so decided to do diplo victory instead--Ivan the Terrible. It should be in theory a doable conquest, but I expect Mali to collapse soon and unless we can get Russia or Arabia to vassalize it's going to be tough:

And if anybody has any doubts about stability, here's mine after conquering Asia Minor and the Levant and liberating them all to Khmer (who's stable):

If anybody's interested to finish the conquest I can email them the save right before the Diplo vote.

Top Bottom