RFCA strategies

I played it once with the new silk road mechanic and tons of times before, but i never ran into that problem :/ I always thought this to be a sure thing. Khmer are exceptionally huge in that game, too... it's just a situation i never saw before.

The idea isn't bad at all, but it's just dull as a concept if you can switch your gameplay for one turn to get the uhv. I got the trade-resources goal for Chola, maybe something along those lines? My initial idea was to get a certain revenue from trade, but dropped it halfway when i had troubles. I think i saw it in another modmod however. :think:

Actually I sort of saw the Sri Vijayan campaign as the Malians of RFCA. As in the Mali civ in original RFC. The Majapahit/Indonesian goal in DOC is what the resource goal is from. They have to trade to get the the required target of 10 happiness resources since you have about 6-7 within Indonesia itself. Can't remember anyway.

I think another goal could be have x gold income from silk route trade by 1200AD. Which would tie in with the Sri Vijayan UP, and is somewhat complementary to the other two goals. To get this it should be such you have to fight a war with South East Asia or the Tamils to get 2 or so additional silk routes. Or get those by trade. What do you think ? :)

I will try to post a strategy for Sri Vijaya next time. Right now, i'm playing with Gupta (new UB included ;) ) while hoping they turn out a little more insteresting.

I try to make every civ unique, or as many civs as unique as possible, so i almost feel like i failed when Sri Vijaya has exactly the same game as Mali in RFC. I think it's better to have another goal about trade -goods, not gold- that maybe involves a little diplomacy, too.

ooh what's the UB ? Did you take my idea for the "Gurukul" building :D ? I was thinking on lines of the Sanskrit college from SOI actually. The period which sees the Guptas in this game was the period where the best and biggest universities were established in India.

I have an idea for the Sri Vijayan game : After the first goal ( accumulate 10000 gold ) we switch to culture and military . Goal 2 Build the Prambhanan, and then Goal 3 Control Jakarta and Borneo before Indonesian spawn. The Malays had established a colony as far as Madagascar, but since that is beyond the scope of this game, we can replicate that colonizing zeal within the Indonesian archipelago.

I like the goods trading idea too, but the Cholas wouldn't be a good model. there is a bit of an exploit with them, I simply force my vassals to give goods to me as tribute which counts as an import and then re-export the goods back as export. Its a vicious colonizing policy but it works for the UHV :p . (incidentally that's something like what the British did with India ^_^ ) I do however, like the power they accumulate, but the resources thing just feels superfluous. Also as a suggestion, why keep the game Sino-centric letting civs have a China specific power ( MOH ) why not allow Indian civs a special boost for anyone who can unite India ? Historically that has been a great ambition of Asian conquerors, but only a few have ever achieved it, those who did have left their mark on Indian culture and society and led India to the height of world power. I propose adapting the Vikramaditya feature from SOI to this game. Instability due to controlling foreign cores gets halved for any civ which can unite India and a golden age.

I got this idea when playing the Cholas in my last game and attempting a diplo win as the Mauryans in both cases I made hyper empires which were insanely wealthy and incredibly advanced not to mention powerful ! Everytime I manage to unite India and build it up, I outdo China and pretty much everyone else by miles ! Pulling this off has to be rewarded by something more than just generic power :) .

A while back Sri Vijaya's 3rd goal was settling islands, which made the game weird after accumulating gold. You could just go on a splurge after that date to catch up on techs etc. and play like any other civilization. That's just not what i have in mind for them.

There has been some talk about something similar to the MoH in India. First of all, the MoH is quite sophisticated, so it would spell too much trouble to have something exactly like that. A watered down version however is doable, and would give a sense of accomplishment, that is true. I think we could have it like Maurya UHV 2, to control all indian cores, and change that UHV to like "Claim the title of Vikramaditya".
I think an effect like extra stability is counterproductive, because it boost an already big empire even more. Something soft, like diplomacy bonus for leaders with the same state religion? That could help with the diplomacy victory too.

I think that we would need another Indian civ or two to really merit have a MoH for India. I just feel like the five (including Delhi) we have right now aren't really enough for the competition for the title.

If it gets included, it shouldn't be a central concept anyway. Just a gimmick with a small benefit, to give a sense of accomplishment. Like a trophy (playstation) or achievement (xbox), maybe.

It just came to me that i havn't released a patch in a while. I might do that tonight.
That could also move the discussions out of the strategy thread ;)

I think that we would need another Indian civ or two to really merit have a MoH for India. I just feel like the five (including Delhi) we have right now aren't really enough for the competition for the title.

Suggestion : Vijayanagaran civ :) . Either as a Chalukyan respawn *( wouldn't be correct ) or an altogether separate civ spawning near Malkhand or Vatapi. And a non-playable Rajput civ which spawns around the 9th century and tries to conquer Delhi. Barbs are a silly representation for the role of the Rajputs in medieval Indian history IMO.

And I'm sorry for not linking the SOI discussion, I will keep that in mind for the future.

Getting back to the strategy discussion, Does anyone else think that the Burmese UHV1 goal feels impossibly difficult ? Of late I read about the Tungoo empire of Burma which spanned all of mainland South East Asia. Basically its like the Thai UHV only in the real history ! I'd like to try and replay that history :) . But for the moment, it seems awfully difficult to build the 4 buildings of those three types by 1060 AD. If anyone's done it please tell me what the trick is ? :(

Getting back to the strategy discussion, Does anyone else think that the Burmese UHV1 goal feels impossibly difficult ? Of late I read about the Tungoo empire of Burma which spanned all of mainland South East Asia. Basically its like the Thai UHV only in the real history ! I'd like to try and replay that history :) . But for the moment, it seems awfully difficult to build the 4 buildings of those three types by 1060 AD. If anyone's done it please tell me what the trick is ? :(
Rush Nanzhao and Songping+Guangzhou, with tyranny easy build 12 required building.

Suggestion : Vijayanagaran civ :) . Either as a Chalukyan respawn *( wouldn't be correct ) or an altogether separate civ spawning near Malkhand or Vatapi. And a non-playable Rajput civ which spawns around the 9th century and tries to conquer Delhi. Barbs are a silly representation for the role of the Rajputs in medieval Indian history IMO.

And I'm sorry for not linking the SOI discussion, I will keep that in mind for the future.
I propably have to let you down on this one for now: there will be no new civs at this stage of the game. Sorry. The only additions i'm looking for are those that balance the game.
There is hope though :p once i'm done with the balancing, i might offer a RFCE++ like expansion with a lot of new civs in the future. The only reason they aren't included yet is that they would require radical changes on things that i like to keep for now.

Actually while you have that thought, you could make an RFCA modmod showing the 'other side' of Asia. i.e. the middle east and near east. RFCA Mid East you could call it. The downside of that would be that there already is an SOI which deals with the territory :( .

An alternative to that could be RFCA "revival" basically set in the period after this game ends, where you have to fight overbearing colonial powers around you and revive the glory of a declining Asia. That way I get to play my dream game and butcher the mughals and afghans as the marathas XD !

I always liked the idea. Thing is that this would be exponentially harder to do, because you need custom units, custom buildings, a new tech tree and benign things like religions etc. Everything sort of balanced of course.
I hardly had to deal with any of these things and could concentrate on the fun part like new civs, UPs and UHVs since i participated and eventually took over.
Not completely out of the question, but only if i got A LOT of time on my hands. This mod is a work in progress for 6 years, i think.

Top Bottom