Rhye's and Fall of Europe: Starting Information

RFCE has many custom art, which may ask a lot of your computer. (especially the new leaderheads) Some computers can't handle it. To avoid this, you can do the following:

Go to the XML files of RFCE --> Art. Rename the "CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml" (it doesn't matter to what, as it gets an other name). Rename the "CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml_light" to "CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml" (remove the "_light").
You should do the same for "CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml" and "CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml_light". (You can find these in XML-->civilizations)

If you do this, the mod will use the vanilla art files for the leaderheads. This releases some stress of your computer, because it doesn't need to load the new custom art.

But if you have a new computer which will very probably meet the requirements of the mod, you can forget this.

Wouldn't that cause a crash during loading?
I have 3.2Gb RAM so I would have thought I'd be alright, I can run Fall From Heaven 2 fine and that has a LOT of custom art.

I don't know what the problem is then. You could try to download the mod again. (maybe your download is corrupted somehow). If that doesn't work, please upload a savegame a few turns before it happens.

BTW, which version of the mod you use?

Is there a download link compatible with BTS 3.17? Due to technical difficulties (or, more likely, my own stupidity) I can't seem to update my BTS to 3.19.

Yes, that's an error. UHV2 should read "Locate the Antichrist before it's too late."

;)

It actually sounds like a feature that can be implemented :) Remember the "Holy Mountain" quest in unmodded BTS?

The only problem here would be that the pope only has one city so he won't be able to build enough religious buildings in order to reveal the location of the Antichrist. Unless the pope goes militaristic :)

Please leave the papal states (and all other new feature) conversations to their specific threads
Let us have the starting information thread without a swarm of suggestions

Excellent mod - I've been playing this for a while - love it. I've played 1.1 as a number of different civs and completed various UHV's - but whenever I play as Venice the game crashes about 25 turns in - just completely stops and reverts back to the desktop with the usual error message. This happens every time. :(

I've never had any other problems with any other Mods (RFC, DoC, etc). I'll see if there's an auto save that I can attach.

Thanks for the mod - great work!

Excellent mod - I've been playing this for a while - love it. I've played 1.1 as a number of different civs and completed various UHV's - but whenever I play as Venice the game crashes about 25 turns in - just completely stops and reverts back to the desktop with the usual error message. This happens every time. :(

I've never had any other problems with any other Mods (RFC, DoC, etc). I'll see if there's an auto save that I can attach.

Thanks for the mod - great work!

y, I had to abandon my Hungarian campaign cuz of similar problem. Really annoying, I've completed 2/3 UHV by that time.

Is there any news on RFCE 2.0 (with the bigger map)? Or is RFCE 1.0 the done deal?

Absinthered is has some big improvements ready, but it is a bit buggy and he has little time to go bug hunting.

RFCE2.0 is currently on a hold. We first want to "finish" vanilla RFCE. After that, we will start on the development of RFCE2.0. RFCE will still be developed along with RFCE2.0, but the major development should be over by then.

But it can still take several months before that.(if not longer)

I downloaded RFCEurope and put it in the ".../steam/.../BTS/mods" folder. It did not show up under BTS content ingame. I deleted the folder, made a new RFCEurope folder and downloaded from SVN. It still didn't show up ingame.

I've installed the newest version of RFC (world) the same way without any issues.
Anyone got an idea about what is wrong? I really want to try this mod.

Here are some screencaps if they can be of any help.

Attachments

• folder.PNG
    folder.PNG
    22.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 2013-12-31_00001.jpg
    2013-12-31_00001.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 260
Top Bottom