Rhye's and Fall of India

AFAIK, they did subjugate the Malayan Archipelago.. temporarily.
However, the Wikipedia image you posted years ago is clearly exaggerated with Tamil nationalism.

The Chola Empire did not establish its direct rule over South-East Asia thought they might have levied a periodic tribute.

Another reason why you should add the Sumatra/Malay Archipelago : Pallava.

Apparently the Pallavas are founding many colonies & spreading Hinduism in the Archipelago & Peninsula, that developed into city-states like SriVijaya, Champa etc when they collapsed.

You're right. I'll adjust accordingly.

Anyways, I got a fairly good list of what civs to include. Total is 35-37 civs:

Spoiler :
Magadha/ Mauryan Empire- 350 CE

LH: Chandragupta Maurya, Ashoka
UU: Yuddha Gaja (War Elephant)
UB: Pillar of Ashoka (Monument OR courthouse)
UP: Edicts of Ashoka- 30% less maintenance due distance from palace
UHV's:
1. Build 2 Jain, Buddhist, and Hindu temples and monastaries (12 in all)
2. Control [insert provinces that constitute Mauryan empire at its height] by 265 BCE
3. Spread buddhism to 30%

Pandya Dynasty- 350 CE

Chola Dynasty- 300 BCE

Satavahana Dynasty- 230 BCE

Greek (Indo-Greeks+Greco-Bactrians)- 180 BCE

Indo-Scythians- 100 BCE

Kushan Empire- 30 CE

LH: Kanishka
UU: Yuezhi Cavalry (Horse Archer)
UB: Gandhara School (Library)
UP: ???
UHV's:
1. Build 7 Buddhist monasteries and Gandhara schools by ???
2. Control [insert provinces that constitute Kushan empire at its height] by 151 BCE
3. ???

Pallava- 310 CE

Gupta Empire- 320 CE

Chalukya Dynasty- 543 CE

Pratihara Empire- 650 CE

Rashtrakuta Dynasty- 753 CE

Yadava Dynasty- 850 CE

Western Chalukya (respawn of Chalukyas conditional on Rashtrakuta Stability)- 973 CE

Hoysala Dynasty- 1026 CE

Sena Dynasty- 1070 CE

Ganga Dynasty- 1078 CE

Sultanate of Delhi- 1206 CE

Vijayanagara Empire- 1336 CE

Bahmani Sultanate- 1347 CE

Mughal Empire- 1526 CE

Maratha Empire- 1674 CE

Kingdom of Mysore- 1720 CE

Hyderabad State- 1724 CE

Travancore- 1729 CE

Durrani Empire- 1747 CE

Kingdom of Nepal- 1768 CE

Sikh Empire- 1799 CE

Estado da India (Portuguese)
East India Company (British)
Compagnie des Indes Orientales (French)
Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie (Dutch)

And 2-4 Indies and a barb
Sri Lanka should be a civ,at one point there was a "Sinhalese Empire" under Parakramabahu the Great,covering the Maldives,Sri Lanka,South-East India and much of Burma.An total area of +-8,75 million km2. And maybe Bhutan too,starting in 1634. They eventually controlled Bhutan,North-East India,Sikkim and East Tibet.

Sri Lanka should be a civ,at one point there was a "Sinhalese Empire" under Parakramabahu the Great,covering the Maldives,Sri Lanka,South-East India and much of Burma.An total area of +-8,75 million km2.

As far as I can find in Google, there's no Sinhalese Empire.
Parakramabahu belongs to Polonnaruwa :)

Parakramabahu the Great invasion of Bagan Kingdom in Burma is still disputed according to Wikipedia :)

And as far as I can tell, he did not conquer much of Burma,
Spoiler :
Despite setbacks en route, including the sinking of one ship and the loss of a few others, the army arrived at the city of Kusumiya (modern Pathein) on the banks of the Bago river, and captured it.[8][75] Thereafter, the armies captured several other cities, including Arimaddhanapura, killed Narathu, and restored relations between the two countries to normal.

Then, on the Bagan side, they don't even mention the Sri Lankan invasion :
Spoiler :
Narathu's reign came to an abrupt end in 1170 when the king was killed by the mercenaries sent by the chief of Pateikkaya, a tributary kingdom in the west (near or today's Chin State)

The new king is Naratheinka, son of Narathu, showing that there's no direct rule of Sinhalese kingdom over the Burma even for a short time.

Therefore, the argument of a Sinhalese empire rules Burma is still highly disputed.
I think the addition of Sri Lankan civilization might be great, but we still need to wait for how big the Sri Lankan island will be.

As far as I can find in Google, there's no Sinhalese Empire
You can find Sinhalese Empire on google if you search good.
And 0,875 million km2 is large enough to consider a country an empire,as there were many smaller empires
Representing a country with so much history as independents would be a shame

Why don't u just give a link or whatever about that?

I never said 0,875 million km2 is small, just is the Ceylon in-game is big enough for a civ.
These Sinhalese civilization almost always rule inside the island, anyway.
Only few stands out and conquer others, and did not last long.

Okay, got it.
And the official name may be Kingdom of Polonnaruwa,but you can use the name "Sinhalese Empire" too.

No.
Afaik in RFC term they have totally different meaning.
Sinhalese Empire = Sinhalese Civilization. You can't generalize it to a single Kingdom. There's independent Buddhist Maldive Kingdom, whom might be of Sinhalese descent, that rule it when Kingdom of Polonarruwa rules Sri Lanka.

I've read the full article and after doing more reading elsewhere, I can say the following quotes is correct as they only refer to Sinhalese Empire, which refer to Sinhalese Civilization, not a single kingdom.

Spoiler :
"The history of Sri Lanka is the history of the Sinhalese race... The Sinhalese people were entrusted 2500 years ago, with a great and noble charge, the preservation... of Buddhism.. in 1956 will occur the unique three fold event - the completion of 2500 years of Ceylon’s history, of the tie of Sinhalese and Buddhism... The birth of the Sinhalese race would thus seem to have been not a mere chance, not an accidental occurrence, but a predestined event of high import and purpose. The nation seemed designed, as it were, from its rise, primarily to carry aloft for fifty centuries the torch that was lit by the great World-Mentor (the Buddha) twenty five centuries ago...... The Sinhalese Empire, stretching from the Maldive Islands to the Shan States in the12th century, was the outcome of Sinhalese reaction to unprovoked foreign aggression and wanton insult to the Sinhalese name. ... In less than four generations, barren wastes were turned into fruitfulness by thousands of immigrants from Northern India... Most of these people were Sinhalese in heart and mind before they left their motherland... And Aryan culture was bodily transported to create and enrich the virgin soil of Lanka. These Aryans dotted the country with settlements of farmers.."

I still don't see why putting independent city of Anuradhapura in Ceylon and Maa-le in Maldives is not enough to represent the Sinhalese civilization.

I still don't see why putting independent city of Anuradhapura in Ceylon and Maa-le in Maldives is not enough to represent the Sinhalese civilization.
If Sri Lanka is a large enough island in the game,then it should be represented.
And Sri Lanka has a lot of history,they built great monuments,had great cities,conquered territories and are more then worthy enough to be in this mod.
"Sinhalese Empire" should be a dynamic name for Sri Lanka if they control a large territory,"Kingdom of Sri Lanka" should be the name if they only control Sri Lanka.
Representing a country with so much history with ONE independent city is an insult to its name and the word "civilization".

I'm sure Jerusalem also have lots of history.. Kingdom of Judea.. Found religion.. Built many monuments.. temples.. yet they're only an independent city in RFC.

I'm sure Jerusalem also have lots of history.. Kingdom of Judea.. Found religion.. Built many monuments.. temples.. yet they're only an independent city in RFC.
If Sri Lanka is a large enough island in the game,then it should be represented

Magadha/ Mauryan Empire- 350 CE
UHV's:
2. Control [insert provinces that constitute Mauryan empire at its height] by 265 BCE

Wouldn't the Maurya win a domination-victory long before reaching that goal ?

Civilizations which cover over half of the map are pretty difficult to implement, in that case the Maurya's and the Moghuls. I think the mod would work better between the assassination of the last Maurya-Emporer in 185 BCE and the height of the Mughal-Empire in 1600/1650.

Please make the map a huge one to include all those civs, it will add more realism.

Hello, I would test this interesting mod (I'm a big fan of RFC, and especially SoI), but have you released another version of this mod ? 'Cause I can't actually use this SVN link, maybe a SourceForge or anything else release is available ?

Top Bottom