Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a Greek palace guard unit... nice stats... what is it doing near my capital (moscow)? kinda far from its palace... ;p

also, I hope it will have a prettier graphic than a borrowed warrior one ;p

Russia is a b*&ch to play now. The barbs raid your workers to death, the ai starts sending in settlers to grab all the choice bits, your scout can get nailed thirty ways from the start square, and dont even THINK about staying up in the tech race.

i gave up after the barbs overwhelmed my third stack of workers, cutting their way through two archers to slaughter my poor men.

Russia really needs some help in this department. really really needs. perhaps so bad that i would recommend a worker UU to replace their nuke one. a worker with defense of 1 (or even 2, its pretty hellish out there), slightly work rate, and same build cost.

its that desperate. try it sometime if you dont believe. i had so many men killed that i think i could say that my country was built on blood, blood, blood, and blood.

Aeon221 said:
Anyone else think it would be cool to do scenarios for various eras based on the completed version of this mod? you could set it up for the age of discovery, or the american revolution, or the cold war or ww1 & 2

it wouldnt be so hot for the ancient world, but how awesome would it be for later age scenarios?

def something to think about... mwahahaha rhye, you will NEVER finish ;p

I think that, too.
But it's not ME who will make them!

haha verra true!

colonization does happen MUCH slower... I think the smartest thing for a russian player to do is ICS, mass build troops, disband cc, and annex all computer built cities he can. There is simply no way to make russia look exactly like it does today.

had a thought about that battler/worker. u could replace the warrior with that unit, and make it a 1.1.1 worker with slightly higher cost, higher work rate, and pillage. that way russia has a worker unit that will be capable of carrying out the scorched earth policy. just give it one less hit point than normal units so that it is weaker.

historical reasons: cant think of any, except that the russian peasantry had some pretty brutal uprisings so that kinda justifies an armed laborer.

game reasons: russia cant protect its workers AND its cities AND its settlers from the barbs. this would give it the ability to deal with that AND would create a truly unique UU (only thing that comes close is the roman legion).

well?

i know

remember, im on heavy drugs, so these prolly arent the best of ideas right now ;p

shoulda seen my xray; teh two bones i broke are at like right angles. its pretty nuts.

still, my drugged brain wants to know if uve played russia recently. it commands u to do so! ;p

seriously, it could just be that im not playin well right now, so someone else needs to verify that russia is really hard.

Aeon221 said:
Anyone else think it would be cool to do scenarios for various eras based on the completed version of this mod? you could set it up for the age of discovery, or the american revolution, or the cold war or ww1 & 2

it wouldnt be so hot for the ancient world, but how awesome would it be for later age scenarios?

def something to think about... mwahahaha rhye, you will NEVER finish ;p
Actually a scenario of any age would be awesome... We could try and rebuild some of the conquests as RoX scenarios... Rise of Rome and Fall of Rome would be interesting for instance.

Bleh, only have an hour to play in and I'm too tired and lazy... So I'll play Icy Tower instead... I'll play RoX tomorrow, promise. =X

Well, turns out I don't have a German class tonight. I'll go ahead and start a game as France (you didn't say you have any prefference whether I should play with them or with the spanish).

Okay, I just finished the ancient age at about 450AD at the same exact turn as Greece. Nobody else is in the middle ages yet but they should all come around soon enough.
I started off a bit weak, got bullied into giving away techs a couple time, but then I invaded the Netherlands with two spears and two swords, took Amsterdam losing just one sword, and took the Hague for peace. Then the Portuguese declared on me so I autorazed their little city in the west of my area and placed a city nearby to replace it. I'm now about to conquor Austria (or rather, Vienna, their only city).
Once that's done I should be a power to reckon with for the Romans and Germans (which iirc, are the current leaders).
The Americans nabbed Baal and another pagan wonder, can't recall which. Other than that wonder building has been pretty normal (portuguese got Maui statues, but that's not a big surprise).
I love the new tech tree, and the ancient age combat setup has exceeded my every expectation of greatness. It makes ancient age combat more strategic, funner, and really more dangerous... I really had to work hard when a Portuguese Spearman started wandering through my territory while I was heading for his home town. But a Spearman and a Swordsman laid him to rest.
I'm gonna prepare for colonialism as soon as I secure my position in Europe. I hope my Republic can take it, I wanna try and avoid my habit of always getting into Communism to support my large militaristic empire.
I can't wait to try out that Grand Battery... It seems potentially overpowered, and if the AI doesn't use it as well as humans that's a problem.

Playin as Amurica!

Year is 1070 in the AD, still no sign of whitey ;p

Im almost outta the ancient era, tryin to colonize all of NA before I begin movin against my neighbors.

I want to give them time to build up an army so that we can have some cool and gripping combat... but since I am outproducing them in terms of cities... it should be fairly short and boring...

Will tell u what I think of the ships if I ever get around to building them.

I assure u that I will be carrying out the Monroe Doctrine to the best of my ability.

After i finish this one I am going to play as Spain, build an army and a fleet and invade Mexico and create a spanish empire!

Aeon, you may wanna wait for whitie so you get cool tech to crush the natives with.

hmm... good point! whitie good friend! bring me guns and firewater!

dude, why is there no rum related improvement? america needs a rum small wonder, because rum IS a wonderful thing ;p

maybe u could make it a resource and require it for privateers? or somehow make it work with pirates by requiring sugar for it (key ingredient of ruM!) ;p

gah these drugs mekein me stoopid... i sat in class today and blew spit bubbles for like an hour. at least i got my grades back (3.611 gpa with 5 AP classes! wOOt) so I am basically done for the year

hopefully ill be tellin yall in three weeks that im in emory! then i can beta test the livin daylights outta this thing!

Good!

I'd like to know
-if the new naval movements work
-if the palace guards were useful
-the list of the builders of the wonders

In the meantime I'm working on governments. I'm trying to find optimal settings that balance the various govs (avoiding too weak or too strong) and that allow some diversification.
This will require no more than 2 days.
I want the next version (0.4) to contain the definitive American UU, too. I'm not convinced by own proposal; we need some brainstorming. It must be our main discussion for the following two days.

palace guards need to be non-mobile! I keep seeing them wander around, and it is pissing me off! ;p

Seriously though, its not logical to give the computer this unit and then let it wander around.

All quiet in America at the moment. Had a brief war with the Iroquois because they DARED settle in MY lands... DOGS! The year is 1300AD, nothing else really.

however, when playing as the english I noticed that a galley gets a far larger bonus than a junk from the great lighthouse.

could I push for the junk to be made an asian boat only, and the galley a euro boat only? the other civs should be stuck with just curraughs until... rather later I would say, but I think people would riot if I said galleons...

yes/no/maybe/stuf? ;p

American Marine Unit!

Rhye ! I want join beta-test team :) with 0.4 ! Is possible ?

Thank you ! :goodjob:

I wanna get back to playing (I'm preparing to invade and conquer England ^^) but just wanted to let you know the game crashes when you try to go into the Alchemy entry. =\
I checked the pediaicosn file, it points to a non-existant icon. Stupid game, can't it automatically use a placeholder for this kind of thing? Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom