Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhye said:
Exact. I don't agree with changing settlers, but even if I agreed, I wouldn't change anything because it's too late, now that the development is over and there's space only for fixes.
Messing up settlers cost wouldn't be that nice for me, as it would mean having to test loading times and to adjust the timeline. That means many test games :vomit:

That's alright, people can change it themselves if they want. I know I'm going to keep the pop cost the same for all the settlers.

Have another issue. Playing the Expansion Pack, Random map. At turn 3000 BC or so, I get an error message saying: File Not Found Art\Units\Slinger\../Archer/ArchVicYell.wav Game will now exit

I searched my entire Civ folder and found NO file named that anywhere......any ideas?

Thanks,
J

What's with the Heavy Bomber? It's bombing animations is weird to say the least, I don't see any bombs drop and bomber seems to drop then rise again. Also, I don't hear any sounds of bombs dropping or anything.

Well, I attempted to install and run the mod and expansion with limited success. I can see Rhye's Random map and mod in civ content but get error message cannot find "art\advisors\NP_all.pcx" game will now close when I attemp to start a game. I used ZipGenius 5.5. Is that the problem?

More specifically, I extracted the contents of both mod2.65 and expansion1.01 (the whole pack) directly to CivilizationIII\Conquests\Scenarios. I did not see any folders during extraction, per say, just a rather large amount of individual files. When I look at the content of my scenarios i see 3 rhyes folders RhyesX, RhyesXF and RoC_v265 and 2 BIQ files expansion pack v1.01 RANDOM MAP.Biq and expansion pack v1.01.Biq

jazmann said:
More specifically, I extracted the contents of both mod2.65 and expansion1.01 (the whole pack) directly to CivilizationIII\Conquests\Scenarios. I did not see any folders during extraction, per say, just a rather large amount of individual files. When I look at the content of my scenarios i see 3 rhyes folders RhyesX, RhyesXF and RoC_v265 and 2 BIQ files expansion pack v1.01 RANDOM MAP.Biq and expansion pack v1.01.Biq

Inside the RoC_v265 folder you will find one folder and one biq file. Move all of this into the Scenarios folder. After this you can delete the empty RoC_v265 folder. Now it should work.

Hi to Rhye and his team! :)

Excitedly I took home the Expansion like a small child getting his long waited Xmas present!
:)

I had problems with installation (please clarify instructions), but then it clicked to place and hey, I got by random: the Americans

America

I got a free settler out of the friendly village near, so I guess was helped to get a nince start.
After having claimed the areas up to the Rockies with about 8-10 cities I got into a war with the Iroquise in the 12th century (if I remember well), but I couldn't get through their stron defence (unit with defenc of 3).
So I had to wait.

Greeks and Carthage discovered me in the 1530s.
Then came Rome, Portugals, England, Scandinavian ships.

I loved the cheaper (?) libraries and universities, and though I was behind in techs, I could get to the end of the middle ages, well, by around 1900 :)

I got Democracy in 1930, made Encyclopedia around the same time.
I wanted to make Statue of Liberty but from the Pedia I did not get that those damned four-legged animals must be within city radius!
/now I see the patch will put mustangs into NYC area :)/

In the 1900-1930 period I attacked the Aztecs and thereby the West Coast with colonial infantry and cannons and flintlocks. I got, what I wanted, California is attached! :)

Now aound 1940 I research Radio and plan to get rubber in the far Pacifics on an island.

What I find interesting and a bit OFF BALANCE:

- I am tech-leader! This means that in year 1930 or so the world is in around mid-industrial age, a phase that should be in around a hundred years before!
(Leaders are Greeks, Carthage and India)

- Discovery of the New World was also a bit late, as I said: in 1530s

BUT ALL IN ALL:

I JUST LOVE IT!!!!

:)

By random I got

Thank you Soma and thanks everybody.

In this moment I'm testing if everything's fine with no-support UM, Partisans and Guerrilla. One never knows, AI could start to build hundreds of those...

This is the updated changelog. Thanks to blackheart, who found many bugs I was missing

- Balloons now cannot be loaded
- Fixed USMC abilities
- Galleys and Dromons now can carry 1 unit
- Fixed Axeman orders
- Axeman, Oromo Horseman, Zeppelin, Bomber, Frigate, Destroyer, Dreadnought and Carrier now can upgrade
- Fixed Urban Militia-Partisan-Shifta-Guerilla upgrade path
- Urban Militia, Partisan, Shifta and Guerilla now don't require support, but suffer -2 hit points penalty
- Ansar Warrior now costs 80
- European Ironclad now rotates before attack
- Fixed Gallivat and War Chariot enslavement result
- Increased Cog ocean movement points
- Changed Gallivat movement points
- Changed USMC stats
- Monument now produces 2 culture per turn
- Fixed the Monastery: now produces 3 happy faces
- The Terracotta Army now have a frequency of 7 turns
- Magellan's Voyage now increases by up to 3 points naval movement
- Reduced Magellan's Voyage and The Statue of Liberty cost
- Democracy now required for era advancement
- Enlightenment no longer allows draft, MPP and embargoes
- Reduced Mesoamerican Cults cost
- Tech rate now 253
- Terrain domination victory condition reduced to 30%
- Tuned Chinese (+), Japanese (+), Iroquois (+), Greek (-), Arabian (-), Portuguese (+), Babylonian (-) and Viking (+) strength
- Moved Mustangs' locations
- Fixed Civilopedia entries (Religious Traits, Scout, Fortress, Barricade, Iron Working, Construction, Trench Warfare, A-Bomb, Phoenician Bireme, The India Trading Company, Forbidden Palace, Secret Police HQ, Mustangs)
- Bonus for seafaring civs is now mentioned
- Replaced "are building" with "are starting to work on" in the Cultural advisor report
- Fixed CW Elephant Archer, Slinger and CossackSpakh sounds
- Fixed Junk attack animation
- Fixed Tu-95 (heavy bomber) bombing animation
- New Terracotta Army wonder splash

No, they did not, I sent galleys there to check that!

This new thech rate (253) in the coming patch, will it change that the world will get sooner to modern era? (or mid-industrial - see my case above)

Rhye, I have 2.65 "behind" the Expansion - is it enough for me to download the "latest" patch, (0.5 MB), or must I update the basic mod to 2.66?

253 should make everything happen a bit later, and that's because most of the games had everything happening too early in industrial/modern. In your case you had America and so you were out of the competition for a while. That's why European progress was slower.

You can still play with 2.65.
2.66 changes updates the basic mod with a few things, and the effect on RoCX is very little (fixed Camel sounds). It's up to you.

Rhye said:
253 should make everything happen a bit later, and that's because most of the games had everything happening too early in industrial/modern. In your case you had America and so you were out of the competition for a while. That's why European progress was slower.

this is a really interesting example of how difficult balancing any game of this type must be - because the human player catalyses tech development by increasing the amount of trading relative to AI only, tuning the tech tree cannot be done for the whole scenario evenly, because the human player has different exposure to other civs early in the game depending on where they start. fascinating, captain! ;)

i suppose if one wanted to be truly pedantic, they might consider having two versions of the Xmod, one with the tech rate tuned to a Eurasia start, and the other tuned to an americas start... :eek: :p

EW

I'm at about 1904 with all the techs researched, playing as America. I control all of the U.S. and moving up into Canada. This is by far the best mod I've ever played!

But the loading times between turns are killing me, is there anything I can do to cut down on them?

Is the Slave Trade supposed to require tobacco in the city radius, and not simply in the resource box? The pedia is not specific on this issue, but I believe RoCX requires tobacco in the city radius. This makes the Slave Trade quite difficult to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom