Right sub forum? And/or gauging interest

inthesomeday

Immortan
In the old Civ 5 Creation + Customization sub forum there were these threads where people would set up and participate in challenges for designing civilizations. One person would propose a Civ, or a mechanic, or a unique unit type, and everyone else would submit designs that contained the challenge, with the participants (and observers) voting for their favorites once submissions were all in. They were a lot of fun and a lot of the designs that came up during the challenges went on to become actual mods.

If I were to try and start something like this for Civ 6, would this be the right subforum? If so, what kind of interest level is there for this? Among the old guard (Kul, Keniisu, Mobfire, Natan, senshi, Uighur, Sgtwolf, Troller, and all the rest) or new people who think it sounds cool?

I'd definitely be interested in trying my hand at designing interesting mechanics, and coding up some stuff too if it wasn't too hard.

This sounds like fun, actually. It would be more difficult, however, because:

• VI hasn't changed that much from V, and therefore many of the best ideas probably already exist as mods that should just be updated
  • Some of the changes that have been made actually limit design space. Like the game currently can't play two unique districts of the same kind at the same time.
But there's still the possibility something of value could come out of it.

Top Bottom