Riots in Grenoble (France) after robber got killed by police

Last I checked Estonia doesn't have a large Muslim immegrant population.
The immigrants act just as barbarians. If they can't adopt the life what Europe has... it is their problem and if they do not like European culture then they are free to go to back their homeland.
The world changes. Nothing is eternal.

As for the straw-man analogy, bad analogy. The vast majority of Muslim immegrants in France are likely rule abiding but wish to maintain their own cultural identity in the face of what they see as secular oppression. When people consider themselves oppressed, they are more extreme. Don't force secularism onto them with the Burqa ban and such, work with more outreach programs and education, and eventualy the issue will diminish. Education is the single most important factor in becoming integrated, lets offer it and not write them off as 'barbarians' and a 'huge problem'.

so they are not allowed to keep their religious book out in their homesand have to use a Bible instead :confused:

They can do whatever they want until it suits with European culture. They can read their books and pray for Allah if they want but they shouldn't tell Europeans that they should change their traditions for them. The indigenous people are masters in their homeland not the immigrants.

The indigenous people are masters in their homeland not the immigrants.
So which Cro-Magnon customs should the people of France be following, then?

The indigenous people are masters in their homeland not the immigrants.

What if all the Native people in North America said that we had to follow their customs?

So which Cro-Magnon customs should the people of France be following, then?

You perhaps didn't get my point? I said that they can follow whatever customs if they want but that they should not tell to the majority(in France to french) that they should change their customs. As I said before that if you visit someone then you do not tell that you don't like their furniture so they have to replace it. If you do not like the furniture then accept it or go home.

You perhaps didn't get my point? I said that they can follow whatever customs if they want but that they should not tell to the majority(in France to french) that they should change their customs. As I said before that if you visit someone then you do not tell that you don't like their furniture so they have to replace it. If you do not like the furniture then accept it or go home.

immigrants are not visiting. better analogy. if you are living with a roommate and dont like the furniture in their room you should ignore it and put furniture you like in your room

OK, If you are homeless and someone is so good that gives you a place to live then you should be thankful. And if you tell the house owner that you don't like his furniture, replace it, then you will be probably thrown out.

This is weird. The French violently rioting and attacking, burning cars and making mayhem.

Wait. That's not weird. That's French.

Moderator Action: Trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

It's not trolling, it's actually the best analysis I've seen in this thread thus.

Moderator Action: PDMA - Public discussion of moderator action.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

FWIW, rioting is an integral part of French culture around certain times of the year. Or rather, the public declaration of war by the marginalised youth against the police in response to police actions.

FWIW, rioting is an integral part of French culture around certain times of the year. Or rather, the public declaration of war by the marginalised youth against the police in response to police actions.

Is it normal for them to destroy other people's property in the process too?

immigrants are not visiting. better analogy. if you are living with a roommate and dont like the furniture in their room you should ignore it and put furniture you like in your room

But it should be noted that the house was built by the roommate, who has lived there for many, many years. Also a lot of the furniture is nailed to the floor... and some of the furniture you are trying to put in your room is on fire.

Selectively, if it looks like it's owned by an affluent person.

That's not true at all. If we look at the videos of the major car burnings of some years ago, most of the cars being burned were old pieces of crap that happened to be parked near where the rioters live, so the owners are much likely as poor as the vandals themselves. The rioting is not taking place in affluent neighborhoods, it is taking place in the worst part of French cities.

Not that destroying the property of rich people is somehow less bad; I just wanted to point out that the people being hurt the most by the senseless vandalism are also quite poor.

so they are not allowed to keep their religious book out in their homesand have to use a Bible instead :confused:

Converting them to christianity would help them intergrate. Reducing numbers of immigants, incentives for education, less welfare and so on.

nonconformist said:
Selectively, if it looks like it's owned by an affluent person.

So, in reality these guys are French patriots?

Not really, they're usually people who have been so marginalised and segregated by economic and social factors that they're completely disenfranchised and isolated.
Throw in the factor that the French police are usually quite brutal and garner no respect from almost any sector of society, it is seen as legitimate, in those areas, to partake in "casser la police" (smashing the police), as a form of political statement, or jus tto fight against people who are seen as racist thugs.

I don't blame them for rioting. Death for robbery is excessive. I think in some of their home countries, cutting off the hands would be more appropiate. .

The best solution would be to deport all rioters.

Top Bottom