Rise and fall of the roman empire

What an impressive fleet ;)
Otherwise, I like to see we have as many auxiliaries than legionaries.
How come Britannia is still left to conquer!? Is it on purpose?

pinktilapia said:
What an impressive fleet ;)
Otherwise, I like to see we have as many auxiliaries than legionaries.
How come Britannia is still left to conquer!? Is it on purpose?

Our transport fleet is huge, 15 cumbas and 4 Navis actuaria but I didnt bother with building warships since they are of no use at the moment.

Our only 2 elite warships are guarding the passage from black sea, bosporia

Yes I didnt bother with invading Britannia. Not much to gain there except 1 extra lux.

But our limes are strong so feel free to invade if you like. There is 1 cumba in the english channel and 1 more could easily be built.

pm your email and I will send the save

I dont know if Traianus played the save I sent him. If he did I propose we continue with that save since it sticks to our old 10-15 turns agreement.

Pink: I sent the save from 170 AD, you could still play it wether we use it or not to test the end game play.

Gaias: Yes I played this save for PRIVATE use. It was only my proposition for us to use it in SG to get the game going. I have no problems with continuing with the save I sent Traianus.

I haven't played that save at all. I never got a chance. I'll gladly forward it to anyone who wishes to continue. Just let me know.
Maybe one of these days my work load will lighten - hopefully before blindness sets in!

So, should I go ahead with the sav fom Drendor?
170AD, this give me the last years of the Pax Romana, and the 'pleasure' to play as Commodus :sad:

I will post progress and the new sav on Wed, for earlier next week is holiday here. I won't listen to the Senate anyway, why should Commodus do that lol!?

Oh course, we can always pay hired assassins to make sure the emperor doesn't forget us :groucho:

I Commodus have attempted to take control of our huge empire. But most of my time was given the Gladiatorial games, of the management of our cities, I cared little. Thus, I have only completed a few turns, and I am wondering if we should push ahead with the SG in this version.

My problem is the lack of challenge... Except the the real challenge of managing all these cities of course. We have an inflated treasure (without inflation, ah Civ), pitiful enemies, and the major changes balancing the late game were implemented in 1.22... If you feel we should continue, I will play a couple of turns more, maybe invade Britain, and then post the save here. But, well, personally, I wish to give the little playtime I have to start a play (SG or alone) of the latest incarnation of RFRE :) Senators, we can vote. Commodus will listen!

Hey, what is this guy doing there with a blade? HEY???!

Well you should post the save to see where we are right now. It has been ages since I have looked at it (probably since my last turn, way back in the BCs when Cleopatra sneak attacked me I think). Since we are coming to the invasions, maybe the challenge will sudenlly go up quite a lot.

Yeap, post it, post it, we're dying of curiosity here!

Is there a chance we can turn this sav into a biq and then load the new changes onto it so we can continue with them? Or we should make a new 100AD Trajan biq and start testplaying the new rules from then on in a brand new SG.

:bump:
So we abandon right? Or do we continue?

I feel guilty. I guess I am guilty. I have no time to keep playing anything, and that until October. I had a few turn on Drendor save, but didn't achieve anything - rather trying to get the picture of the situation, what we had, what was left to do. And it depressed me. All too good, and with the game with settings pre 1.22, I doubt there would be anythin 'great' with the invasions later. So, I will stop here. I can mail the sav to anybody though. Just let me know where. Again, sorry for the letdown, overall, it was a great game for me until we hit the AD. We played too well it seems :)

Let me know if you are gonna start a SG with the new RFRE campaign in the future.

Maybe we should use the hard biq next time? :p

Emperor Linkowicius

Certainly, hard version should be the one! Feel free to start without me. A detailed account of a game in 1.24, even played by one lone player, would be very much my favourite reason to connect to the web everyday :)

We need one of the great storytellers of the forums to write a story based on this game!
Doubt it would happen, but it would surely make me check this site more often :) .

Top Bottom