Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

Isak said:
Thanks a lot TF

As Bernskov said earlier, our server can use all the help it can get, so it's much appreciated :goodjob:
You are welcome. :) At first I was not sure if the file I downloaded is complete, because you said it's 115 MB and my copy is 107.7 MB. But the file extracted fine and I can load it in Civ3 w/o errors, so I guess it is complete. ;)

Question: there is no custom leaderhead for a few of the new Civs?

PS: I will give RAR special mention when I post the new file announcement tomorrow. :) You can PM me a little blurb plus links to a few images (i.e. logo, screenshots) for use in the news post if you want, but it's not required.

As Bernskov said earlier, our server can use all the help it can get, so it's much appreciated
Its at times like this that you start to gain an appreciation for FilePlanet... ;)

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
Which ships? Several of them are 'wheeled', and Ocean is impassable for wheeled units (Ironclads, all ancient ships except Curraghs/Longships IIRC).

yep that was the trouble, i was trying to get some ancient ships across the ocean and they wouldn't go with magnetism and i wasn't sure what was wrong. had i actually read the pedia entry i would have known better as it says right there in black and white that they won't go, or maybe tan and charcoal grey i forget.

EDIT: 9:55pm est 21 September 2004 - right i would call it a kind of black and tan with a parchment texture.

EDIT: 10:27pm est 21 September 2004 - and haschischman's rar world map is great fun ... i am gaining a new appreciation for all that tibet has been through in history haha.

EDIT: 10:45pm est 21 September 2004 - and why does my tech slider keep getting reset to 50% every turn, the poor folks of tibet just can't afford that kind of lifestyle! and i have to go up and change it back to 40% every turn just to avoid losing my granary, it's becoming annoying.

move_quietly said:
EDIT: 10:45pm est 21 September 2004 - and why does my tech slider keep getting reset to 50% every turn, the poor folks of tibet just can't afford that kind of lifestyle! and i have to go up and change it back to 40% every turn just to avoid losing my granary, it's becoming annoying.

That's because a lot of the governments are set to do 50%, 60% or some such percentage as the highest available. People often don't realize that this includes the Tax Slider as well. So if your science and lux < the max allowed by the government, it will bounce back at the beginning of the next turn. The only real way around it (without getting into the editor and tweaking it) is to manually change it every turn.

I'm not sure if you know already or not but the info on governments in the civopedia and the actual stats in the scenario don't match up at all.

@Isak
I added RaR to modpack library. If you wish to submit a description for it, please do so via PM or by replying in the modpack thread.

I'm not sure if you know already or not but the info on governments in the civopedia and the actual stats in the scenario don't match up at all.

Yes, we are aware this can cause trouble. The Pedia isn't completely updated so far. I wasn't able to d/l the big file myself so far (cable modem :rolleyes: ); if it isn't included so far, I'll post a spreadsheet for the Govs here.

Please do. A spreadsheet would be most helpful.

You doing the RnR SG, Doc? I wanna lurk it if/when. Don't have time to take turns, but I can follow along.

Got my butt handed to me on Regent. REGENT!

This is gonna be difficult.

Yeah, I'm doing poorly on regent myself. Thought it was gonna be a cakewalk. Can only DocTS beat DocTS?

Hey, fix your sig, doc. :D

Well, currently I guess I may have the best chances to beat that level, but solely because I know the sleeves better than anyone else could within 4 days ;)
Seriously, no; didn't manage it so far. But will keep trying.

@Thunderfall:

Solely because than the file would exceed easily 150MB...

i'm up to 430AD as tibet on the big earth map and doing ok (surviving that is) at monarch level. but i'm guessing that's because tibet doesn't have anything the AI wants :lol: the AI's built spice road, ankor waht and all kinds of stuff while i was getting all excited because i had completed another worker lol. i know eventually one of the AI's is going to get a tech and find out i have something they want and beat up all my spearmen for it lol.

We now have (thanks to Isak) mirrors for the DL at FilePlanet and 3ddownload
Webpage updated accordingly.

Is there btw any suggestions for information you would like presented at the webpage?

Oh,oh....just when I thought I was getting over my latest Civ fix, playing the Warhammer 2.0 mod till all hours - now THIS comes out! There goes my life (again), at least for the next few weeks... :cry: :cry:

Seriously, thanks very much for all the work you've put into this! I loved DyP (until I got Conquests) and I'm sure I'll love this just as much!

Someone else asked this already: Can we get a spreadsheet with all the infos?
That would really be appreciated!

About Infos:

How to install...obvious for anyone who ever installed any mod (if never done that, feel free to ask here!)
Units...Stats/ resources are autogenerated. Even if the Pedia entry is outdated/ missing, trust the numbers and icons.
Govs...Spreadsheet above.
Improvements...Pedia almost correct (a number of trait flags may be wrong, but that doesn't really matter; the Wonders are correct).
Worker Jobs and Resources should be fine.

What is missing:
Some Improvements/ many Wonders go obsolete at some point. Here, a few entries are missing. Arc d'Triumphe for example obsoletes with Radar.
Some unit upgrades. Some unit special abilites, or lack of: For example, Light Artillery may seem pretty useless at first sight; however, it not only requires no resources, it also is the only piece of Ari which is not wheeled, thus can unload to Mountains, enter unroaded Mountains/Marshes/Jungles, and can board Helicopters.
Many Ancient/MA units cannot be airlifted.

All in all, except for the Government info, nothing really affecting your gameplay choices at large.

We will by all means try to get a complete Civilopedia on the long run; however, there is one huge problem here:

Any development team member who took charge for the Civilopedia so far mysteriously fell from the face of the Earth....pdescobar comes to mind. And since Harrier took that job, he isn't seen for weeks, and we don't want to loose him as well :cry:

A bug: AI can't use Slaves for terraforming. You can confirm this by trying to Automate your Slave units -> They don't do anything, just stand still which means that AI players can't use their terraforming actions. It seems that Slave unit's Terraforming flags are not set correctly for AI Strategies.

When Archer enslaves, the result unit is Worker, not Slaves

Self-Propelled Artillery is missing "Upgrade unit" flag

Boomer Submarine is missing "Naval Missile Transport" flag -> AI can't use them to carry nuclear missiles

The AI does use any unit able to perform Worker jobs correctly in c3c, rather surprisingly.
For example, the AI is smart enough to use Elephant Riders to build roads twice as fast as Peasants...
The 'Terraform' AI Strategy can only be selected when ALL Worker tasks are enabled, what we deliberately didn't want for Slaves (joining Barbarians to cities causes some problems). Note this was a change in the AI programming for c3c, to get the AI using Crusaders (or Legions in the Scenarios) correctly. So the AI terraforming strategy flag isn't required - only for automating them (something I admittedly overlooked so far).

But good observation, I noticed the same when I looked at it in the editor, but in-game it works well.

The other three are clearly bugs, thx.

Thunderfall said:
You are welcome. :) At first I was not sure if the file I downloaded is complete, because you said it's 115 MB and my copy is 107.7 MB. But the file extracted fine and I can load it in Civ3 w/o errors, so I guess it is complete. ;)

Yes, that's just because of differences in how the server calculates MB. It's 107.7 on my harddrive too. :)

Yes, as DocTS says it would be a gargantuan file if they were, but they'll be available later in a separate patch

PS: I will give RAR special mention when I post the new file announcement tomorrow. :) You can PM me a little blurb plus links to a few images (i.e. logo, screenshots) for use in the news post if you want, but it's not required.
Thanks - I wish I had something clever to say about it right now, but .. frankly ... i'm blank. :ack:

Harrier? DocTS? Pfeffersack? Rufus? RobO? Got any RAR poems or screenshots you wish to share? No?... Anyone else? :scan:

Llewen said:
Its at times like this that you start to gain an appreciation for FilePlanet...
Yes. You can say that again. :yeah:

@All

About Infos:

I think I left a somewhat updated Spreadsheet (XLS - file) in the RAR folder.
When in doubt, check that out.

[hey, that rhymes - maybe I'm not as creatively dead as I thought. :) ]

Top Bottom