Rise and Stagnation of Civilization (Earth18Civs BtS, not RFC)

All right, I'll keep the Aztec choise. For AI civs I assume Knödel picks them once all humans have chosen their leader. I already voted for some settings, so only thing left is that my most probable time for playing is 14:00-00:00 with peak probability around 20:00 when shifted to GMT+0 timezone / London time. Alternatively, times outside this window are unlikely.

Yes please, make your final decision as to what leader and civ you want and tell me your timezone and most likely time of availability.

If you're still looking for extra players, I'd be happy to play! Really cool concept. My first choice would be China (0% research starting in the Renaissance), but any civ would be fine.

GMT -5, playing availability peaks around 8 AM or 8 PM.

If everyone's okay with it, I will start the game tomorrow like this:

EarthEvolution2 Mapscript

Imperator Knoedel - Victoria of England, Stagnation Era: Industrial ( which is kind of hilarious from a historic standpoint :lol: )
Nighthawk419 - Pericles of Greece, Stagnation Era: Medieval
sinimusta - Ramses II of Egypt, Stagnation Era: Classical
ReallyEvilMuff - Random of America, Stagnation Era: Future
grogburg - Random of China, Stagnation Era: Renaissance
Luthor_Saxburg - Gandhi of India, Stagnation Era: Industrial
PatriotNorwood - Suryavarman II of Khmer, Stagnation Era: Medieval
Zacar - Montezuma of Aztec, Stagnation Era: Medieval

10 AIs:
Inca
Portugal
Mali
Zulus
Rome
Vikings
Russia
Babylon
Mongolia
Japan

Noble Difficulty for everyone

Huge
Temperate
Medium
Ancient
Normal
No
Preset
Preset
On

City Flipping after Conquest
No Technology Trading
No Tribal Villages
No Random Events

All Victories

House Rules:
No City Gifting outside of Peace Treaties
Must infiltrate a human controlled civ with a Great Spy before being allowed to change their civics and/or State Religion with espionage
Once a player has reached their designated Stagnation era they may no longer build Research and must lower their Research slider to 0% immediately and leave it there for the rest of the game.

I will also go give every AI controlled civ the Archery Technology, and every player no matter if human controlled or not will receive an additional warrior, archer and worker along with their regular starting units.

If you have a problem with any of that speak up now or forever shut your trap.

Aren't Khmer supposed to stagnate at medieval era? Also do we have to have Inca AI? I suspect that AI won't work too well with that start. Barbarians could fill South america before Aztec or Americans come there.

Aren't Khmer supposed to stagnate at medieval era? Also do we have to have Inca AI? I suspect that AI won't work too well with that start. Barbarians could fill South america before Aztec or Americans come there.

Noted and corrected.

Otherwise the Americas are too empty methinks, but I'm open to suggestions. Sitting Bull maybe?

Knoedel, will you be a good boy and put all this in post #1 correct?

:eek: Did I miss Khmer? Ichs! :hammer2: All right, I will win with a peaceful game! (as if...)

Must infiltrate a human controlled civ with a Great Spy before being allowed to change their civics and/or State Religion with espionage
Care to elaborate? And give examples? Is this for the Civ I wish to change Civics or any Civ? And is it one time or several?

Question Examples:
- If I want to change the French Civics, must I infiltrate France or any other Civ?
- If I want to change the French Civics, must I infiltrate a Great Spy for each time or with 1 Great Spy I can try to change as many times as I want?

Knoedel, will you be a good boy and put all this in post #1 correct?

:eek: Did I miss Khmer? Ichs! :hammer2: All right, I will win with a peaceful game! (as if...)

Care to elaborate? And give examples? Is this for the Civ I wish to change Civics or any Civ? And is it one time or several?

Question Examples:
- If I want to change the French Civics, must I infiltrate France or any other Civ?
- If I want to change the French Civics, must I infiltrate a Great Spy for each time or with 1 Great Spy I can try to change as many times as I want?

I will once the game has started.

No you didn't, I just assigned them.

If you want to change the French civics you must have at one point in history infiltrated that exact civ with a Great Spy. After that you can mess with them as much as you like.

I'd prefer Qin Shi Huang to random -- sorry for not specifying, I thought the default choice was the earlier leader.

Sitting Bull sounds like a good choice for the otherwise fairly empty Americas. I would even advocate leaving Inca in there too. You could take out Rome or Japan to make up for our fairly crowded Europe and Asia. But then again, I guess part of the point of the Earth maps IS crowded Europe and Asia, so do whatever you think is best!

I told Knoedel that I would take any civ, and he assigned me Khmer. So if it isn't to late I guess he could rearrange, maybe? I really don't mind either way.

That's precisely why I didn't launch yet, to give you all one final chance to reconsider your choices.

I'd prefer Qin Shi Huang to random -- sorry for not specifying, I thought the default choice was the earlier leader.

Sitting Bull sounds like a good choice for the otherwise fairly empty Americas. I would even advocate leaving Inca in there too. You could take out Rome or Japan to make up for our fairly crowded Europe and Asia. But then again, I guess part of the point of the Earth maps IS crowded Europe and Asia, so do whatever you think is best!

Qin Shi Huang, got it.

Man you guys all took late stagnation eras... Life is going to be tough for the Greeks, eek. Eh, whatever, its fine. It will be a fun challenge either way! I won't expect to win this one! haha

Man you guys all took late stagnation eras... Life is going to be tough for the Greeks, eek. Eh, whatever, its fine. It will be a fun challenge either way! I won't expect to win this one! haha

You know, I seriously considered picking Rome just to mess with you.:D

You wouldn't have destroyed me though. We would have come to an agreement after a few fights and ended up working together trying to survive past our stagnation era.

Ah sorry knoedel my post picking nappy of france must have not sent. I toyed with the idea of russia but... Well they seemed a little gamey in this. France seemed much more fun and interesting. Does this mess your civs around at all? I would suggest keeping usa and removing one of the euro civs for france.

Also re inca - they now start on the coast and have land access to The rest of SA. So much easier for the AI to manage. Sitting bull starts on the RFC San Francisco spot so struggles to expand in this game as it is a hard slog out of there.

No City Gifting outside of Peace Treaties

So, cities can be gifted freely, only requiring a war declaration and then supplying the city in the peace deal?

Or does this mean that you can gift cities for everyone who has a peace treaty with you?

Or that you can gift cities freely as long as you are not in any war?

Nappy, got it.

So, cities can be gifted freely, only requiring a war declaration and then supplying the city in the peace deal?

Or does this mean that you can gift cities for everyone who has a peace treaty with you?

Or that you can gift cities freely as long as you are not in any war?

You can only trade cities when they are included in a peace treaty being formed by the two participants in that trade.
So yes, in theory could just declare a phony war, but I don't see why one would do that, any benefit you could possibly gain would probably be outweighed by the disruption of trade route commerce.

Nappy, got it.

You can only trade cities when they are included in a peace treaty being formed by the two participants in that trade.
So yes, in theory could just declare a phony war, but I don't see why one would do that, any benefit you could possibly gain would probably be outweighed by the disruption of trade route commerce.

I would suggest swapping out either Rome or Portugal for France. Who were you gonna go for? Btw did you read the bit about the Inca? Whilst they aren't great here they are a lot more playable! :p

Top Bottom