Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Two bugs noted in prior versions and carried over to 1.3:

1. Hire the Hunter event still is not working right. I needed a Lion to build the Grand Menagerie, got the event, but it only let me get the Hunter or do nothing.

2. HN units are still unable to pillage roads in another civ's territory. They can pillage all other improvements EXCEPT roads.

On a positive note, I was able to capture a White Drake. It is an awesome unit design/art-wise and with its cold breath spells doom for orc barbs. Just sat him on a water tile and it was devastating Svartalfar forces that got close to it.

One question: I have had some captured animal units (Raptor, Spider, Drake, Gorillas, etc.) that were around 100s of turns and got a lot of XP (more than 100), but never upgraded to anything. :confused:

Hire the Hunter event still is not working right. I needed a Lion to build the Grand Menagerie, got the event, but it only let me get the Hunter or do nothing.

The problem it that events give units by UNIT_CLASS, not the actual unit. Since for most civilizations the UNIT_CLASS_LION is none, that option is unselectable.

One question: I have had some captured animal units (Raptor, Spider, Drake, Gorillas, etc.) that were around 100s of turns and got a lot of XP (more than 100), but never upgraded to anything. :confused:

Owned animals no longer upgrades. (There are partial exceptions for Doviello and Archos.)

The problem it that events give units by UNIT_CLASS, not the actual unit. Since for most civilizations the UNIT_CLASS_LION is none, that option is unselectable.

Owned animals no longer upgrades. (There are partial exceptions for Doviello and Archos.)

I read it too that animals no longer upgrade but I catched upgraded animals (bears...). Bug or intetional (animals are upgrading as long as they are wild...)?

Greez,

Tschuggi

I read it too that animals no longer upgrade but I catched upgraded animals (bears...). Bug or intetional (animals are upgrading as long as they are wild...)?

Greez,

Tschuggi

OWNED animals no longer upgrade. Wild animals and Doviello animals continue to upgrade, as do wild spiders and Archos spiders.

I think the problem is solved by taking the Hire the Hunter Event out of the game, or at least modifying to just offer you a Hunter. Leave the animal selections out you cannot choose anyway.

Thanks for that on the animals.

Further on my HN question. I've found HN units like the Stooges and Nightwatch are not able to upgrade to Mithril weapons. Iron seems to be the limit. Don't understand that one!

Just now, Loki flipped one of my cities over to Balseraphs (some kind of revolt ability?). I immediatly declared war (obviously) and retook my (very young) city.

It immediatly became...

...wait for it....

As you can see, the culture flipped to maxint. Before it was revolted by Loki, it was still some 20 turns away from completing a Monument :)

Known bug. Loki's ability reduces the culture in a city. When it hits 0, control shifts to the Balseraphs. In addition, if the culture goes negative, it wraps around to the highest possible culture value.. until you start making culture there. Once it goes positive, it will drop back to normal values.

First off I'd like to say that 1.3 is simply amazing. Seriously, you all deserve hugs. At least. Maybe two hugs.

Anyway, I'm having a really strange problem, being that in my city screen there aren't any city actions (the entire option is just missing). I've tried redownloading and reinstalling it, but it still doesn't work... I'm guessing that I have some option turned off somewhere. Not sure where though, any ideas?

First off I'd like to say that 1.3 is simply amazing. Seriously, you all deserve hugs. At least. Maybe two hugs.

Anyway, I'm having a really strange problem, being that in my city screen there aren't any city actions (the entire option is just missing). I've tried redownloading and reinstalling it, but it still doesn't work... I'm guessing that I have some option turned off somewhere. Not sure where though, any ideas?
Currently, the only city action available is sidar mist and your civ worldspell. Some worldspells have prereq techs, too.

Mutate rerolls when a unit upgrades. IE I had a bunch of scouts one game that got awesome mutates, so I sent them back to my city to wait until I could upgrade them to hunters. Once upgraded though they had totally different stats on their mutate. :(

Haste is not wearing off in some cases. Had a stag casting haste on itself and two hunters, the stack was able to move hasted for several rounds without aquiring the fatigued promotion. After the stag and the hunters split, the hunters lost the hasted promotion and got fatigued. It seems that as long as the caster and recipient of a spell remain on the same tile, spell effects are not wearing off.

Saw two demonic supply wagons wandering around aimlessly, are those supposed to exist?

Not a bug, so long as one unit that can cast the spell is in the stack, it doesn't wear off.

No idea.

Moin,

just made a conquest victory in 220 turns with Austrin (Deidra, thanks for keeping the pic!) with no timeout, crash etc. - first one!!! Seem to be a very stable civ. Played on a small map, immortal and no terraforming civs, animals enabled (is fun with austrin) against calabim, bannor, khazad and clan of ember. Congrats:king:

Only bug i noticed (if it's not intended): when my austrin fort commander was killed and I reconquered the fort it was not possible to build a fort commander again.

Greez,

Tschuggi

P.S.: When I'm complainig it's not because I want to piss you guys off... I always said that I honor your "free" work very much. But I'm critizising when I don't like it - though I agree that it is a bit bugging... I try to minimize it and you modders try to take it as "constructive critizism" :goodjob:

Glad to hear it's working well for you. :goodjob:

Fort Commanders can't currently be resurrected. Will change it.

And constructive criticism is always fine. ;)

4 more exceptions, the 1st one popping up every time I end my turn with the Calabim, the 2nd one appearing sporadically and the 3rd I got while playing the Infernals, same with the 4th one which seems to be caused by lair exploration. Switching civ to the Infernals causes an OOS in multiplayer.

The 5th Screenshot is not really a bug, but it's kinda hard to imagine my Hyborem getting lynched by the angry villagers of Foxford. Also, could he get the werewolf promotion? Was too afraid of him getting eaten to try :crazyeye:

EDIT: fuchsia icons at Breeding Pit and Demonic Citizens.

The first two are solved by reloading a save (haven't been able to pin it down otherwise).

I'll check the others.

Two bugs noted in prior versions and carried over to 1.3:

1. Hire the Hunter event still is not working right. I needed a Lion to build the Grand Menagerie, got the event, but it only let me get the Hunter or do nothing.

2. HN units are still unable to pillage roads in another civ's territory. They can pillage all other improvements EXCEPT roads.

On a positive note, I was able to capture a White Drake. It is an awesome unit design/art-wise and with its cold breath spells doom for orc barbs. Just sat him on a water tile and it was devastating Svartalfar forces that got close to it.

1. Will try to fix it.
  2. Will check the req

Yes, the art is awesome. :lol:

Animals do not upgrade anymore. Only exception being the Archos, and I'm not sure of them keeping it. Only reason they do is that their spiders/scorpions affect your spawn chances.

Greez,

Tschuggi

Animals don't upgrade. You're just seeing the better units spawn; The old ones will never upgrade to the new ones. They are just replaced.

OWNED animals no longer upgrade. Wild animals and Doviello animals continue to upgrade, as do wild spiders and Archos spiders.

Nope, only Archos Spiders and Archos Scorpions.

Oh, and Baby Spiders. That's the one exception. :lol:

Mutate rerolls when a unit upgrades. IE I had a bunch of scouts one game that got awesome mutates, so I sent them back to my city to wait until I could upgrade them to hunters. Once upgraded though they had totally different stats on their mutate. :(

Shouldn't be reprocessing when the unit upgrades. I'll try and prevent that.

I'm currently playing my first game as the Scions since FF. In FF the player was able to accumulate Reborn by razing opponents cities after researching Sorcery and also occasionally winning combat with Doomsayers and Doomgivers. Has this changed in RIFE?

Per the discussion in one of the feedback threads, I'm giving workers under the trade network order a try. It's a little less than impressive in the early turns of the game (lots of roads between resources, but no improvements except for camps and some of those within my borders but outside my BFC), but maybe it'll get better. The bug is that they are most definitely not waking up when they can level and finish a road segment or improvement, bu moving on to another tile.

My suicide scout noticed this interesting behavior of the Mazatl paladin squads.

Probably an upgrade bug/glitch, but my concern was about the unit AI that seemed to change (when they get access to build improvements) from stomping my weak border garrisons (just archers since my army is on the other side of the world) and terraform instead. Good for me in this situation, but puts a pretty big handicap on the AI I think.

Anyways, I got a save too if you want to dig further.

Edit: next turn, the paladins acted like workers, running away from my skeleton to not become captured ^^.

Damn. Karma is a ***** in this mod. Here I was, spawning dungeons and ruins onto my enemies with my invisible undead scouts, but then, Orge Warlord or whatever that immortal Ogre is called spawned.

It was a sweet spawn location too, right next to those demon worshippers and no other civ near by. Well after 20 turns or so, the damn thing appeared on MY borders completely ignoring any closer civilizations to attack my closest town. It was well fortified and I killed the roaming thing, but in little over 10 turns it returned, so I killed it again only to have it return in little over 10 turns over and over again. I think it resurrected at a barbarian town, can't be sure.

At this point my best offensive unit was a warrior and I had manage to kill it by zerg rushing and using my single champion unit found chilling in a dungeon, but that wouldn't hold, especially since I didn't get any xp for defeating it and it would get xp for murdering my warrior hosts send to weaken it. I *had* to resolt to WB delete unit... sigh. I hate seeing the map.

In short: No more resurrecting barbarians in the first 200 turns, pleeez!!1

Disclaimer: Yes I know I brought it on myself and it retrospect, I killed no civ by spawning critters at them.

Top Bottom