Rise of Europe: Spain (Oct 11, 2008)

Just so long as there is a winged hussar.

Winged Hussars of course, but don't forget Uhlans. I know it's all wiki, but those are the only ones that had pictures, and I also know all these units are pretty similar.

Towarzysz pancerny (a sort of medium cavalry): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towarzysz_pancerny

Towarzysz husarski (Hussar companion): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towarzysz_husarski

Lisowczycy (irregular light cavalry): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisowczycy

Though I suppose I didn't really look for infantry :blush:

-----------------------------------

Off topic at Sandris: do you create fantasy or fictional units? If not, oh well.

By the way, the High Med. spanish javelinman (the Almughavar) can also be used as a mercenary for the Byzantines and the Italians.

And the Horse javelinman (the Gascon horseman) can also be used for the French.

Oh, and for scenario makers out there, I use both the Almughavar and the Gascon as doubles in an unintended role as special units for ancient Armenia, as a Carduchi (proto-Kurdish) mercenary (javelinman) and a (Caucasus) Albanian mercenary horseman.

Nice work, Sandris! The Earlier medieval swordsman is going into the Final Fantasy mod as a Knight, and the Later medieval Pikeman is going to be the Temple Knights for the Kingdom of San d'Oria (don't ask me why, but for some reason, Square-Enix decided to have Andalusian-speaking Elves in Final Fantasy XI :lol: )

You seem to be stepping up the pace. :disbelief: :D

I become aware that you are using the color-combination blue-red-yellow for the most of them.

Blue is the default color for unit civ-color areas so you will see it on basically all his units.

I normally don't like to correct spelling but hallo is "hello".
"Hallo" themanuneed:p
In german we say Hallo and not Hello.
It will be still permitted probably to say good day in my homeland language -
DEUTSCHLAND !:mad:

Well, I`ve got so many requests for Romans that I had to begin working on Roman unitline.
Thanks Sandris and I will waiting...

H.Balck:king:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1700964:goodjob:

Hallo is and English word too :mischief: Hello is just a mutation of it. As is Hullo, etc.

Origin
Languagehistorically several possibilities of the origin are discussed. First sees a being the basis of old high German halen „halōn “, medium high-German „“for „call, gets “. The second possibility would be a relationship with „holla “, the shortened call „overhauls! “to the Fährmann. Also the descent of „halal “(for, wonderful praise Hebrew, proclaim) is discussed. The first word, which noted and showed Thomas Alva Edison with the Phonographen invented by it, was „a hallo “(Hello). [1] Into the colloquial language - at least those of the English - „hello arrived “however probably only with the development and spreading of telephones. Edison developed further by Alexander the Graham Bell of 1876 patented telephones and became generally accepted with its proposal Hello 1877 against Bell, which a Ahoy was to have favored as greetings. The word was uncommon before the 1880ern in the USA as greetings and should be derived from Halloo, a call to a Fährmann. [1] Completely different interpretation comes from the French. At times, in which Fäkalien were not disposed of in a duct system, but the buckets by windows on the road were emptied, warned the inhabitants the Passanten on the road with „À l' eau “, which is called as many as „caution, a water gush “comes. From this „à l' eau “„the hello “developed. Possibly is the greeting in addition, Hungarian origin. When testing the first American switchboard, which was developed by Hungarian scientists (Tivadar Puskás), is allegedly the word „hallom “(Hungarian: „I hear it have been used “), and/or „hallod “(Hungarian: „you hear? “).

H.Balck :lol:

This is sick.

Visigoths.

Did I say Visigoths? Let me say it one more time.

Oh, hang on, first things first: :faint:

Top Bottom