Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

how can i change wonders restriction in the mod and build more wonders? what file shall i change

I have got an answer in another topic + found one option myself
GlobalDefines.xml is what you are looking for.

<Define>
<DefineName>MAX_WORLD_WONDERS_PER_CITY</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>-1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

(Now that I looked at it I found something else I didn't knew was there, time to mod it a bit)
Thank you so much! I have found also option in custom play settings allowing to have unlimited wonders

Nomad trait gives bonuses for jungle camps, are they remain when jungle camps are developing to next stage until they are hybrid gardens?

Every time I try to install, there is some error with some file, sorry for not being specific, short on time and I will edit this post tommorow.

EDIT: I fixed it already, apparently trying to install the mod in CustomMods messes it up or something.

Last edited:
how can i change wonders restriction in the mod and build more wonders? what file shall i change

I know you found the file to edit, but just thought i'd add that if you set up a 'custom game' you also have a tick box thing to remove the restrictions on how many wonders any one city can build.

------------

And just to say thanks to the AND team. Very nice mod overall, and not come across any game breaking issues so far :)

I do have a question.

I'm wanting to add additional music tracks to the game and was wondering how that might work. I've looked through various files and folders but, for example, can not for the life of me find where 'CivIIIModCeltic' sound file is! And there are many more like that. So i was wondering where exactly these are getting installed?

The only 'Soundtrack' folder is in the \Afforess directory, but many of the files like the one above are not in that folder. I've looked through the default CIVIV 'Soundtrack' folder and the one in BTS but did not find the file. I also notice there are no 'era's' as in the default game, BUT you do have info in CIV4EraInfos.xml that suggests they should exist???

So how is the music for AND organized, and if i was wanting to add more background game music where should i put them?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Have changes other than it taking terrain into account been been made to culture spread? I find myself dealing with a seemingly unstoppable tide (that had previously swallowed a nearby AI city quite rapidly), even though my city has greater output and is of equal/higher level.

There is a option to free upgrades? Because I see that many civilizations have advanced techs like me, but still use medieval and renaissance era units instead of industrial and modern era at least.

A question: I used to have the "original" RoM-AND from before AND2 was developed. One feature I remember was that the Confucian Holy Shrine gave the Morale Promotion. Now I would like to have it again, in addition to AND2. Does anybody know a place where it can still be found and downloaded?

If that's the only thing you are missing from the old version but want more balanced, more polished and more bug free version, you can stay with AND2 and mod that Moral Promotion back to your own version. It's easy. We can explain how, if you are interested.
Or you can go even further and try Chronicles of Mankind, which is the next iteration of this mod series.

If that's the only thing you are missing from the old version but want more balanced, more polished and more bug free version, you can stay with AND2 and mod that Moral Promotion back to your own version. It's easy. We can explain how, if you are interested.
Or you can go even further and try Chronicles of Mankind, which is the next iteration of this mod series.
Thank you, but that was just a thing I remembered about it, not something I especially want. I have and play AND2 and have CoM, though haven´t yet played it. I just wanted the "old" AND, maybe for nostalgia.

I see. Than try this link:
I didn't test it though. I'm on the phone.

I see. Than try this link:
I didn't test it though. I'm on the phone.
Is there a list of completed projects?
I seem to have some problem, I completed the Apollo project but I cannot see it in any city screen. I also cannot build spaceship parts, Any suggestions?
I have files for civilization iv in my programs 86 folder and in my App data folder.
The files for A New Dawn are in the app data folder

Last edited:
Top Bottom