Road to War - pacific scenario

Smolf

Chieftain
I tried last night to play as the Americans in the 1939 pacific scenario and one thing bothered me a lot. Some of the smaller island including Hawaii haven't got enough food to maintain a city population of 4 (which they start with).

Oceans only give +1 food and it's not possible to raise it any further because no buildings exists in the mod which can do that.

So within the first two turns my Hawaii city will fall to pop 2 and be almost worthless for the rest of the game. So is that on purpose or is it just me doing something wrong?

(I have downloaded and are using the recent patch for Road to War)

I tried the phillipines in this scenario. And all there cities exept for Manila are starving. And they also have no oil so there is literally nothing at all they can do. Exept maybe defend Manila which is the only city with any production at all.

So you expect these islands like Hawaii and Christmas Island to be able to produce as well as San Fransisco? That's just crazy talk!

If you don't have oil, trade with the US.

So you expect these islands like Hawaii and Christmas Island to be able to produce as well as San Fransisco? That's just crazy talk!

If you don't have oil, trade with the US.

I was more concerned by the lack of food - I have no complains about strategic resources. So will you make it possible to get 2 food out of each ocean tile? This could eventually be done by adding +1 food to the harbor city improvement

Done - Naval Dock. :)

The thing is that the US and Phillipines have bad relations because the Philipines are neutral. At the time the Phillipines were a US territory. What you could do is make the US neutral(which would be accurate for 1936) and start with good relations and an defensive pact with them.

First, I do love the RTW scenario(s).

Second, I must say that this is the first "Pacific War" scenario/game (pc/boardgame) I have ever played that the Phillipines are not "controlled" by the US. Strange.

One thing that I do think is strange, but perhaps hard to do is the oil thing. For example many/most minor countries (at least the larger minor countries I mean) had an airforce at the time (buying british and/or german planes, sometimes even developing their own), but in this game they cant because they have no oil and trading for it is hard (if not impossible), especially if you don't have much to trade away. Oil was and should be a very big issue in any WWII scenario but all countries should be able to at least be able to build a default number of oil based units (I know that this is almost impossible to do, but hey I can dream).

Okey I know this is the wrong thread, but I noticed one thing when I played was that the germans should be able to have open borders with sweden (they allowed them to move throw sweden on their way to Narvik) and It should be impossible to navigate large ships through the danish straits without controlling Denmark, which was one of the reason for occupying Denmark, to close Kattegatt, controlling the Batlic Sea. Just a thought.

too many islands. some islands are even on the wrong side of the map.

taiwan should already be occupied by japan before the war.

was siam/thailand missing? they serve an important role as a japanese staging area.

city position weird, because map is weird. lol.

still, nice work.

too many islands. some islands are even on the wrong side of the map.

taiwan should already be occupied by japan before the war.

was siam/thailand missing? they serve an important role as a japanese staging area.

city position weird, because map is weird. lol.

still, nice work.

:confused: Did you even PLAY the Pacific map? :confused:

Islands are spot on.
Taiwan IS Japanese.
Siam is a playable nation.

With the "Pacific War" version, I only have one major(?) complain. I have played it four times now (yes I love naval and air battles) and the poor chinese have fallen every time, all the times before the "real war breaks out. Is it just me or can it be a balancing issue.

Top Bottom