Roleplaying Ideas

Vitruvius

King
This thread will be for people to post roleplaying ideas for each civ to make game play more fun and challenging.

I will set the example with China:

Specific objectives:
1. Must build terracotta army, great wall, forbidden palace, porcelain tower and great firewall.
2. Must conquer Lhasa if it is on map
3. Must demand tribute from at least four city states throughout the game.
4. Must go to war with whoever attacks Korea
5. Must achieve diplomatic victory
6. Reach 60 million pop.
7. Must take at least one policy from Tradition, Patronage, Commerce and Order

Diplomatic stance:
Hostile towards Japan, India, Mongols, Huns
Friendly with Persia, Korea

Songhai:
1. Must build great mosque
2. Must conquer at least two city states, either mercantile or maritime
3. Must have the largest empire on your continent
4. Buy one of the following buildings in each city you own: Mud pyramid mosque, university, or amphitheater
5. Make a joint declaration of war at least twice against two different civilizations
6. Land based trade routes must connect to one of your first three cities
7. Have two golden ages in the same era

Hostile towards: Morocco, Spain
Friendly towards: Arabia, Egypt,

England:

Specific objectives:
1. Must build Stonehenge, Big Ben, Globe Theatre.
2. Must build cities (colonies) on every major landmass.
3. Must maintain the largest navy of all the civs in the game.
4. Must attack france with longbows if they are in the game.
5. Must max out the Exploration policy tree.
6. Must conquer Jerusalem by the end of the medieval era if its in the game.
7. Must pick the Monarchy social policy.
8. Must have a spy in Moscow if Russia is in the game.

Diplomatic stance:
Hostile towards France, Celts, Denmark (Vikings), Spain, Rome, Germany
Neutral towards the rest.

England:

Diplomatic stance:

That's quite a roll-call of enemies.

We weren't enemies with all those powers at once though.

Before 400AD, we weren't at war with the Celts, we WERE the Celts. We were at war with and were defeated by Romans. After that Rome imploded and I don't think we had a problem with city-state Italy, or Byzantium.

However, we were at war with Bluetooth and his Vikings. Then from 1066 on, more than 800 years of conflict with France and Spain. Netherlands and Germany were our allies in this. We were only enemies of Germany for a brief part of the 20th century.

France:

Notre Dame, Louvre, Eiffel Tower
Freedom cultural victory

Good luck with that.

Must surrender if attacked by Germany. LOL!

That's quite a roll-call of enemies.

We weren't enemies with all those powers at once though.

Before 400AD, we weren't at war with the Celts, we WERE the Celts. We were at war with and were defeated by Romans. After that Rome imploded and I don't think we had a problem with city-state Italy, or Byzantium.

However, we were at war with Bluetooth and his Vikings. Then from 1066 on, more than 800 years of conflict with France and Spain. Netherlands and Germany were our allies in this. We were only enemies of Germany for a brief part of the 20th century.

Yeah, I know! I was just brainstorming some of the epic struggles spanning over a vast amount of time. Would probably make more sense to focus on one specific era :crazyeye:

I think there's the basis of a really good idea there, the only hard bit as I see it is balancing the challenge across the civs - or maybe that isn't such a big issue?

How exactly would you be able to determine this short of building a ton of units to completely remove Fog Of War from the globe, making sure you have Open Borders with everyone, and counting all the AI's ships each turn? Perhaps there's a way to reveal the entire map with the In Game Editor, but I know nothing about that.

England:

Specific objectives:
1. Must build Stonehenge, Big Ben, Globe Theatre.
2. Must build cities (colonies) on every major landmass.
4. Must attack france with longbows if they are in the game.
5. Must max out the Exploration policy tree.
6. Must conquer Jerusalem by the end of the medieval era if its in the game.
7. Must pick the Monarchy social policy.
8. Must have a spy in Moscow if Russia is in the game.

Diplomatic stance:

Must Annex the Celts and puppet India.

France:
1. Build Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre.
2. At any point in the game hold more puppet cities than cities founded by yourself
3. Declare war on every nation at least once, and be on the winning side (receiving gifts in the piece offering rather than give) at least 2/3 of the time
4. Conquer at least 3 cities with world wonders in them (you do not have to hold the cities)
5. Take at least one policy in every one of the social policy trees
6. Take the freedom ideology and adopt the "arsenal of democracy", "volunteer army", and "economic union"
7. Sell off at least two cities or puppets that are on a continent other than the one your capitol is founded on

Hostile towards: England, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Austria, Morocco, Ottomans, Siam, Indonesia, and Portugal
Friendy towards: USA, China, Polynesia, and Poland

Wow I usually not go that far when roleplaying. Usually I'll pick a civ i'll protect like crazy based upon which civ I have. (example I'm America, I'll do whatever to protect the English)

Sometimes I'll try to be the Universal defender against tyrany and oppression(almost like the Freedom Tenet)

Sometimes I'll try to replicate Swiss neutrality with my civ...etc

How exactly would you be able to determine this short of building a ton of units to completely remove Fog Of War from the globe, making sure you have Open Borders with everyone, and counting all the AI's ships each turn? Perhaps there's a way to reveal the entire map with the In Game Editor, but I know nothing about that.

Well, one can never be sure, but at least give the navy some effort would go a long way :)

Byzantium

Must build Circus Maximus, Hagia Sophia, Temple of Artimus, Colossus and Walls
Must ally with all Militaristic CS to get UU
Freindly with Rome until Medieval era then neutral
Freindly with Russia and Greece
Enemy of Ottoman, Persia, and Venice.
Must consolidate to single city before winning game - any VC except Domination.

USA:
1. Build the statue of liberty, broadway, the pentagon, and the CN tower (I know it's in Canada but whatever)
2. You must build EVERY national wonder
3. By the end of the game you must have spawned and used at least 1 of every great person type
4. Gift a total of fifteen units over the course of the game.
5. You must conquer at least half of the cities of all native American civs if they are in the game
6. Be the first civilization to test and use a nuclear weapon
7. You cannot pick Order. You must force one side that picked Order to change to your ideology.

Hostile towards: Shoshone, Iroquois, Spain, Russia, Aztec, Maya, Inca, England (because you can never be friendly with her) and Germany.
Friendly towards: France, Brazil, Netherlands, Celts, Japan, and Korea

Russia

Must become #1 in terms of territory.
Must adopt religion from another civ and keep it dominant in your borders.
Must build Kremlin in Moscow and Hermitage in St. Petersburg.
Use Great General to take away a piece of land from the neighboring City State. OR: make another civ's city join your territory due to Unhappiness and ideology pressure.
Have at least 15 copies of Oil within your territory.
Have at least 2 Great Works of Art, Writing and Music produced in the era that falls into the 19th century in the game.

Hostile: Mongolia, Poland, America, Japan, England, Ottomans
Friendly: China, Byzantium, Germany*

*YES, despite the WWII events. Ideally there should be the objective "Let Germany declare war, then you march into Berlin and force a peace treaty. Remain neutral or friends afterwards". However, we can't control AI's behavior.

Can you put maps type (earth, true location or not, pangea, etc.) and difficult level ?
Some rolelplaying are interesting.

Just to be right, we only loose against Panzers... and Longbows... and Cossacks... and... Forget, we suck.

Russia - or better, JFD's Soviet Union with Lenin/Stalin mod

Earth map, true start location

You can't take Tradition, Commerce, Freedom or Autocracy

You have to immediately declare war on any civ which takes Tradition, Commerce, Freedom or Autocracy

By the end of game all remaining civs have to follow Order [doesn't matter how they achieved it] and Order should be World Ideology.

Top Bottom