r_rolo1
nocho
IdiotsOpposite
Thar
Immy
astre

The variant is this one:
Code:
In our greed for taxes we are not allowed to research techs -- we want to keep a 100% tax slider.

Our main beaker resource will probably be extorsion, but we're also  allowed to buy techs with our gold and broker with the techs we've  extorted or bought.

Initial worker techs is OK -- we need to get the economy started first.
You might recognize this from somewhere :D

The game settings are:
Spoiler :

And the starting position:
Spoiler :

Roster

r_rolo1
nocho
IdiotsOpposite
Thar
Immy
astre

This said, I wish you good luck and no peeking on the other team threads :D

Ok, first issue ... Thar has PMs blocked. Does someone knows any other way of contacting him ?

BTW there a clarification on what "worker techs" in the RR15 thread ;)

I agree . 2 food resources in BFC + a happy one and probably a metal in that riverside plains hill ...

BTW I already PMed Thrar. Thanks for the correction nocho ( you already know I can do stupid stuff like that ... or discussing the odds of getting oracle without reminding what the oracle does :D )

Settling on jumbos may be worth considering. Lose fresh water, gain a hammer. Lose some coins from the camp too though (how many, 2?).

Thank god I'm on the same team as Rolo. This game might still be winnable.

Checking in ~

On my return from my self-imposed exile (I'm staying clear of OTF though) I'll lurk this one within tent.

Ok time to put the rules in stone :/

The variant in succint words:

- 100% cash after getting this techs:

Fishing
Agri
Wheel
Hunting
Mining
Myst
AH
BW
Masonry
Pottery

- No Rep civic before Constitution

lurker's comment:
Welcome back, Brian Shanahan!
Also - lurking this and the B thread with much interest! :cooool:

Checking in. Nice to see everyone again. :)
Nocho, thanks for pointing out how to spell my name. ;)

What about settling on the PH SE of our starting position? An extra hammer and we'll be able to pop the hut with the scout rather than border expansion for better results (right?). Would make for an excellent cottage capital and Maori site.
If we SIP and wanted to mine the hill later, we might get some food issues - there doesn't seem to be much grassland around.

Also, why does team B have twice as many posts as us already? :shifty:

I'm sure, they don't post, they spam :)

my proposition for short term strategy:

research: fishing-minning-BW
build: warrior-fishboat
sent the warriors hunt workers from IA
to be discussed.

Put vranasm and lymond together and they spam your thread away. :p

I think I rather SIP then 1SE. 1SE only has 1 hill to work and gets even more plain tiles in the BFC. Frankly I don't see that as an excellent cottage capital at all... For moai it would be better obviously, but that's still a long way off and generally it's not too difficult to find an ok-ish moai site. Besides, with SIP we still have some chance of something coming out of the fog.

We start with agri and wheel. Fishing-mining-BW is fine with me, though I wouldn't mind squeezing in hunting for the camp. It gives a coin! :drool:

For builds, I'd surely go worker first. Then warrior, WB. Given that, we needn't start with fishing necessarily.

Lurker: Good luck guys. This will be an interesting game. Will be following both games :)

Had a closer look, it seems there's mostly grassland in the fog towards the W. So I agree, SIP.
Worker first, especially since we already have Agri and the corn is next to fresh water. A 6:food: tile that early will be amazing.

Tech-wise: Hunting -> Mining -> Fishing -> BW.

If we start research with Hunting, we could build a scout after the worker, get an overview of the land and maybe some huts. Besides, the worker could camp the elephants right after the corn.
I don't think getting a fishing boat very early is worth it. 30:hammers: is a lot without a mine and we'll get 6:food: from the corn anyway. Maybe we can even get BW in before Fishing (depending on how fast techs go and how long it takes to get some :hammers: online).

Checking in. I hate it when the cap itself is non-rivered, but seeing that a grand total of 1tile would benefit from a levee, it sure can be neglected. So SIP seems fine enough. This will be fun! :D

Top Bottom