Rulers of Russia Mod

Well to be honest i only undestand a little Russian, never kept up with my lessons really, but i try to take it back up :) too lazy i guess.

Thormodr said:
Hee hee. I am maybe a little smart but I love Google. It really is a wonderful search engine. :)

Here is an excellent link on the subject:
Source List and Detailed Death Tolls for the Twentieth Century Hemoclysm
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat1.htm

First World War (1914-18): 15 000 000
Russian Civil War (1917-22): 9 000 000
Soviet Union, Stalin's regime (1924-53): 20 000 000
Second World War (1937-45): 55 000 000
Chinese Civil War (1945-49): 2 500 000

Naturally these are all estimates and historians still argue over the exact amount but no one can deny the absolute horror of war. :(

I will agree however that even though World War two had many more deaths, the horrors of trench warfare must have been unbelievable. People literally drowning to death in mud. War World two however also had Nazi death camps and the totally inhumane treatment of war prisoners. So really, equally brutal in my opinion. Never again I say...

It is kind of odd that for number of casualties, the American Civil War had more deaths relating to things such as starvation and other causes. WWII however did have the most wounded.

http://www.cwc.lsu.edu/cwc/other/stats/warcost.htm

I had heard somewhere that Philosophical + Industrious was scrapped because it made a leader very powerful. So I figured I'd just mention that.

I don't think it's a problem since it's a single-player mod. You may сhoose Alexander III to make the game in some way easier, perhaps. But I played some games against Alexander III as AI and didn't notice any sign of his advantage over other AI players.

Here are Firaxis Civ4 26 Leaders:

And this is my plan for next version of Rulers of Russia Mod:

Well, russian rulers never stop coming! :D

If you think of expanding the soundtrack, I'd say "Боже царя храни" ("God save the tsar") would be most appropriate. And maybe the Internationale for mosr Soviet leaders too.

And maybe the Internationale for mosr Soviet leaders too.

At the very least for Lenin:)

I will personally google the bejesus out of the internet for any music you may want.

And if you or anyone gets to the point of adding new improvements or wonders I would personally like to see the Lubyanka or Лубянка as a wonder, great for reducing war weariness and/or unhappiness by providing a place to beat dissenters to a pulp:goodjob:

Thormodr said:
Soviet Union, Stalin's regime (1924-53): 20 000 000

Did you add people killed in World War II to Stalin's regime victim? Number of GULAG prisoners is ten times less. And less than one million of them died or be executed in 1924-53 period.

GrinningMonk said:
At the very least for Lenin:)

I will personally google the bejesus out of the internet for any music you may want.

And if you or anyone gets to the point of adding new improvements or wonders I would personally like to see the Lubyanka or Лубянка as a wonder, great for reducing war weariness and/or unhappiness by providing a place to beat dissenters to a pulp:goodjob:

Think, it would be good to hear "Soyuz nerushimiy" when plaing as one of the soviet leaders.

I appreciate your input. Yes, Internationale for Lenin, "Soyuz nerushimyi" for other Soviet leaders, "Patriotic song" by Glinka for Yeltsin. "God, save the Tsar" for the last russian emperors.

A lot of music come to mind, but adding music would be the last step in making the mod, though not least. ;)

Thank you, I'm also Russian and I'm glad they are getting the attention they deserve.

lex_kravetski said:
Did you add people killed in World War II to Stalin's regime victim? Number of GULAG prisoners is ten times less. And less than one million of them died or be executed in 1924-53 period.

Well they are numbers from an external source and I havent had the time to go into them in depth to see what has accounted for that total. I beleive there were a lot of famine related deaths that were added into that cout which would increase the total exponetially. But as all things related to this period of Russian history, take all figures with a grain of salt, as I've seen variants of upto 50-60million for this same period. Go figure:blush:

I appreciate your input. Yes, Internationale for Lenin, "Soyuz nerushimyi" for other Soviet leaders, "Patriotic song" by Glinka for Yeltsin. "God, save the Tsar" for the last russian emperors.

A lot of music come to mind, but adding music would be the last step in making the mod, though not least.

I feel your pain, if I had any idea whatsoever on how to do any of this modding rigamaroll I would help you out, however until I do, or someone else jumps on the project I will accept anything yo can do with grace and thanks:goodjob:

garric said:
Thank you, I'm also Russian and I'm glad they are getting the attention they deserve.

Thanks for support! :)

In this mod I pay as much attention to Russians as I can ;)

NeverMind said:
Here are Firaxis Civ4 26 Leaders:

And this is my plan for next version of Rulers of Russia Mod:

Well, russian rulers never stop coming! :D
Hmmm just how are Yeltsin and Gorberchev Spritual?

I'm sorry if this has been asked, I don't have time to read through all the posts at the moment.

If I ran this mod, will the AI sometimes pick these added rulers for themselves during a normal game? I'm not completely interested in playing as them myself, but I'm all for adding more leaders as long as the AI will pick them. And I know you can play a game with just Russian rulers, but that's not what I'm interested in. If you need to have my question clarified, just say so. Thanks :D

adub said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked, I don't have time to read through all the posts at the moment.

If I ran this mod, will the AI sometimes pick these added rulers for themselves during a normal game?...

Sure, it will, sometimes. If you play, to say, as Mali on a Small size map, you have 4/17 probability to play against Russia. And if so, the probality to play against added Russian leader is 5/6. :D

Anyway, you may choose all your opponents through Custom Game Menu.

Wei-Yan said:
Hmmm just how are Yeltsin and Gorberchev Spritual?

Hmm...Reasonable question ;) I have 28 leaders and 28 combinations of traits. It's not easy to make the choice, suitable both for historical and game logic. To be honest, Yeltsin was the last one in my list of leaders, so he got only two traits that have been still available. :king:

But, I could provide you with some explanations. The boom of construction of churches and other religious buildings began in Russia during Yeltsin's presidency. Beautiful Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow is a fine example of that.

As for Gorbachev, he is not a religious man, of course. But he is a man of spirit, if you know what I mean. Famous Wind Of Change by Scorpions is about him :)

Leif said:
Red Music
http://english.sovmusic.ru/

marxist songs in various languages
http://www.marxists.org/subject/art/music/

the internationale in 20+ languages
http://www.hymn.ru/internationale/index-en.html

I think that Lenin should have the internationale, or Trotsky if he ever makes it in the game. Stalin should have the USSR national anthem. But the last site is wonderful when it comes to the internationale.

my two cents.

sovmusic.ru is an exellent source of soviet patriotic songs, and hymn.ru is a great source for the history of russian national anthems. I don't know this marxist site, but I'll check it soon .

Thanks for the links! "Two Cents" are always welcome! :goodjob:

Somthing I just noticed, when are you going to change the flags and colors of the different leaders?

Top Bottom