1. Peter I The Great
2. Elizabeth
3. Catherine II The Great
4. Alexander I The Blessed
5. Nikolay I
6. Alexander II The Liberator
7. Alexander III The Peacemaker
8. Nikolay II

Iliya Glazunov. The Great Experiment (1990)

Soviet Union

1. Vladimir Lenin
2. Joseph Stalin
3. Nikita Khrushev
4. Leonid Brezhnev
5. Yury Andropov
6. Mikhail Gorbachev

Russian Federation

1. Boris Yeltsin
2. Vladimir Putin

and Leo Nickolaevich Tolstoy as an "independent" Russian *superleader* :king:

Version 1.3 is here!:)

It adds 5 new civs, 26 new Russian rulers and Leo Tolstoy as a *Superleader*. You also have 4 variants of playing the mod.

;)

Check the first page of the thread for more info.

Hep ! You have forgotten Tchernenko betwen Andropov and Gorbatchev !

Oh, no! I'll never forget Konstantin Chernenko, believe me. Several monthes of his illness "leadership" was enough to make Gorbachev number one ;)

Anyway, there are 6 true Soviet leaders in the mod, and I think it's enough :D

Crikey! How did I miss this update??!! D/L'ing right now.

Been trying to sort out this modding business to see if there was anything to add, started with adding new techs but so far it is eluding me lol. I'll get it sooner or later.

GrinningMonk said:
...Been trying to sort out this modding business to see if there was anything to add, started with adding new techs but so far it is eluding me lol. I'll get it sooner or later.

Don't even start modding civ4! It's too addictive! :D

Supreme Shogun, Thanks for support! :)

Great mod, really. But I do not understand why Tolstoy is here =)
Что здесь делает Толстой? =)

Hep ! You have forgotten Tchernenko betwen Andropov and Gorbatchev !
Here are not a lot of middle-ages' russian leaders, e.g. Andrey Bogolyubskiy and Vsevolod The Big Nest (Bolshoye Gnezdo). Here aren't Pavel I, early Romanovs. But they aren't important for the mod, just like Tchernenko

AndyTerry said:
Great mod, really. But I do not understand why Tolstoy is here =)
Что здесь делает Толстой? =)

Hi! Always nice to see Russian faces here :) I'm glad you like the mod. Tolstoy is here, cause i can't find a better person for the role of the "Superleader". Sure, it's a bit crazy idea, but I consider Tolstoy to be the Greatest Russian in The World History and non-political person also. Короче, Толстой - наше все! :D

As for Andrey Bogolyubov, Vsevolod The Big Nest and Yury Dolgoruky, i have some plans about them ;)

Well finally had a game of the new version and just had to say good work.

I've been working on a couple of additions I may add to it when I figure it all out. Have one new tech Stalinism, which is 100% complete and am 75% finished with a related wonder "Five Year Plan" which I am trying to make by just experimenting with the files and looking at what other ppl have done with their mods.

If you are interested in adding it to your mod officially let me know.

GrinningMonk, Nice idea about "Five Year Plan" wonder! What are the prerequisites to "Stalinism" tech, btw?

My basic plan for the mod is just to replace as much "vanilla" game elements as i could. I'm not sure about adding new techs , wonders..etc. Maybe after basic work will be completed, if ever.

And I will be happy to use this tech to replace one of the existing, when we come to techs replacing phase. :)

AndyTerry said:
Don't know, what is 'superleader'?

Every leader has two traits usually. But I gave Tolstoy all 8 traits, so I call him "Supeleader" ;)

Originally I had planned for only Communsim to be the required tech, but it didnt seem ot want to work unitl i also made Steam Power as another required tech, which works and seems to me to kinda fit in with the whole industrial feel, though I may change that to another tech as I play with it.

I'm sure that replacing techs is as much if not bigger hassle as creating new ones, and I'd be willing to have a look at it on my end and experiment. Just gotta come up with a lot of new concepts.

I still want my Lubyanka wonder, and there could be many others when I have a look through what literature i do have here (not being Russian, just a Russophile I have to rely on secondary sources for my idea) I wonder what a Brest Fortress or a Krondstadt wonder could do for one's military?

NeverMind
Adding new techs is really simple. It's simpler than adding new civs ;)
Believe me, I've tried.
Will you create some russian great people?

GrinningMonk
Russophile... That's really exciting! :)

Think, Sputnik-1 can be added as a Project

Top Bottom