ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

*Israelcube joke
:lol::lol::lol:

So I've revised my Cypriot idea-

UA-"The Last crusades" All Melee units gain the coastal raiders promotion, +15% gold in conquered coastal cities.

UU-"Hospitallier" Longswordsman replacement that gains medic and can move after embarking, and maybe something else if you have any suggestions.

UB-"Han" Replaces the Caravansary. 50% land trade route, 4 gold from ocean trade instead of 2 gold from land trade, and something gold or conquest related, hopefully something codable in XML as I've been lucky so far in that I won't need Lua for any of it :D

So, any suggestions?

UB-"Han" Replaces the Caravansary. 50% land trade route, 4 gold from ocean trade instead of 2 gold from land trade, and something gold or conquest related, hopefully something codable in XML as I've been lucky so far in that I won't need Lua for any of it :D

Wow, this would actually get me to build a Caravansary (or Han rather) for once!

Han isn't Cypriot... you made Cypriot similar to a kingdom of Jerusalem civ, which, is, quite surprisingly
very nice.
I had an idea for the Han, will post soon.

Han isn't Cypriot... you made Cypriot similar to a kingdom of Jerusalem civ, which, is, quite surprisingly
very nice.
I had an idea for the Han, will post soon.

Well, I know, but there are some famous ones in Cyprus, and the Han is a Turkish version of Caravansary, so it sortof represents the Turkish aspect of the country, aswell as the fact that trade flourished during Peter's reign. Indeed, it is similar to the Kingdom of Jerusalem, but that might be because the leader was the Titular king of Jerusalem XD

The two were quite interlinked, Indeed this civ is rather based off what would've happened if Peter of Cyprus was never murdered, he had some really big plans for what essentially would've been a Cypriot Empire!

Indeed, it seems to have been Cyprus' greatest period, and I prefer to stay away from Modern civilisations, the current country is a bit of a mess >.<

Firebug, are you going to edit the leader scenes?

I need to give a Cypriot idea. Of my own!

UA: The infinite crusade
All melee units start with the Amphibious promotion and receive a 33% bonus against cities while embarked(both attack and defence). -50% anarchy time in :c5occupied: occupied coastal cities

UU:Hospitallier
Starts with the coastal raider I and boarding I promotions, and may attack naval units while embarked. Also starts with the siege promotion, but more expansive and has less :c5moves: movement then the knight, which it replaces.

UB: Han
Replaces Caravansary. :trade: Land Trade routes to a city with a Han give you 2 :c5gold: gold, and 1 :c5gold: to the trade route owner. :trade: Caravans originating from this city have a 100% increase in range. +1 :c5food: food.

It's that time of the week again,

"Guess the civ, guess the civ, it's time to, guess that civ!"

Something Egyptian, I guess.

It's that time of the week again,

"Guess the civ, guess the civ, it's time to, guess that civ!"

I don't know who it is, but that's a pretty hype looking icon.

So, I think I may do a Lydian civ (the icon is from Lydian coins)

It will be a fine addition to an evergrowing list of civs that will take me ages to get through.

It'd be led by Croseus and have a gold focus with a unique mint, but I'm a bit in the dark for ideas, any suggestions?

Lydia (Croesus)
Start Bias: Avoid Tundra
Capital: :c5capital: Sardis
UA: Beloved Of Tyche
The :c5capital: Capital gains half of all the percentage :c5gold: Gold bonuses in the Empire during :c5goldenage: Golden Ages and We Love The King Day. Merchant slots yield additional :c5goldenage: Golden Age points.
UU: Maeones (replaces Chariot Archer)
Though it is both stronger in melee than the Chariot Archer it replaces (10 :c5strength: vs. 6) and generates :c5gold: Gold per kill, the Maeones' true strength lies in its other attributes. First, it possesses a unique promotion, "Bowmen Of The Pactolus", that doubles the amount of :c5gold: Gold gained per kill if the Maeones is on a River Tile. Second, its movement does not end if it enters a tile with Rough Terrain. Upgrades to Crossbowman.
UB: Gold Refinery (replaces Mint)
Does not require Gold or Silver to be built in a City, though it does grant the usual benefits to improved Gold and Silver - instead, it requires Fresh Water. +2% :c5gold: Gold generation in the City for each Fresh Water Tile worked, and Resources on tiles with access to Fresh Water generate +1 :c5gold: Gold as well. Contains two Merchant Slots.

Lydia (Croesus)
UA: Beloved Of Tyche
The :c5capital: Capital gains half of all the percentage :c5gold: Gold bonuses in the Empire during :c5goldenage: Golden Ages and We Love The King Day. Merchant slots yield additional :c5goldenage: Golden Age points.
Though it is both stronger in melee than the Chariot Archer it replaces (10 :c5strength: vs. 6) and generates :c5gold: Gold per kill, the Maeones' true strength lies in its other attributes. First, it possesses a unique promotion, "Bowmen Of The Pactolus", that doubles the amount of :c5gold: Gold gained per kill if the Maeones is on a River Tile. Second, its movement does not end if it enters a tile with Rough Terrain. Upgrades to Crossbowman.
UB: Gold Refinery (replaces Mint)
Does not require Gold or Silver to be built in a City, though it does grant the usual benefits to improved Gold and Silver - instead, it requires Fresh Water. +2% :c5gold: Gold generation in the City for each Fresh Water Tile worked, and Resources on tiles with access to Fresh Water generate +1 :c5gold: Gold as well. Contains two Merchant Slots.

I like it, it's vaguely similar to what I was thinking, (like a river bonus or requirement for the mint) and something to do with great merchants. As golden ages are associated with wealth that'll fit nicely too! So, what inspired the Maeones, aren't Maeones just Lydians before king Lydus?

I'll probably call the UA "As rich as Croseus" :)

Well, they're kind of the same people; Maeones was their own exonym until prior to the ascension of Lydus. A lot of what we know about the Lydians themselves is based on religious/mythical sources, so, y'know, it's difficult to say. I was also tempted to put in an axe-related unique in there, since the famous labrys double-bit axe was purportedly invented in Lydia. As for why I picked a CA replacement, in Biblical sources the Lydians were feared archers, and it's always worth having a CA that doesn't completely suck - hence why they've got the thing that ignores the godawful rough terrain thing that chariot archers have. =]

As for why I picked a CA replacement, in Biblical sources the Lydians were feared archers, and it's always worth having a CA that doesn't completely suck - hence why they've got the thing that ignores the godawful rough terrain thing that chariot archers have. =]

I just love the fact that they'd upgrade to Crossbows so you won't waste all the Range promotions that are accumulated. That's the reason I rarely build CA's.

Well, they're kind of the same people; Maeones was their own exonym until prior to the ascension of Lydus. A lot of what we know about the Lydians themselves is based on religious/mythical sources, so, y'know, it's difficult to say. I was also tempted to put in an axe-related unique in there, since the famous labrys double-bit axe was purportedly invented in Lydia. As for why I picked a CA replacement, in Biblical sources the Lydians were feared archers, and it's always worth having a CA that doesn't completely suck - hence why they've got the thing that ignores the godawful rough terrain thing that chariot archers have. =]

Sounds good then! How do you have such a detailed knowledge of all history ever :D

And a bigger question might be how you come up with these ideas so quickly XD

On another note, Akkad has been updated due to popular request over the eye-searing colours

Lydia (Croesus)

Wow. Scary.
(I love scary :lol:)

Sounds good then! How do you have such a detailed knowledge of all history ever :D

Couldn't tell you, but it might have something to do with the fact that my life is totally empty. =]

And a bigger question might be how you come up with these ideas so quickly XD

See previous answer. =]

Trying to create a list of Mossi city names, I've got 6 so far, Ougadougou, Tenkodogo, Fada N'gourma, Zondoma, Yatenga and Dagomba, but I can't find much outside of that. Does anyone happen to know what the names of minor mossi kingdoms/minor kingdom capitals are? Or should I just use ethnic groups conquered/merged with the Mossi for names?

:c5capital: Ouagadougou/Wagadugu/Wogodogo (depending on whether a Burkina Faso mod ever shows up)
Tenkodogo
Yatenga
Fada N'gourma
Dagomba
Zondoma
Ouidi-Wafé
Oula
Larlé
Gounghin
Bilbalogho
Kamsaoghin
Ouahigouya
Kongoussi
Kaya
Koudougou
Manga
Koupela
Boulsa
Gambaga

---

That's what I've been able to put together for certain, but there are probably more options in Burkina Faso itself. =]

Top Bottom