ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

:c5capital: Ouagadougou/Wagadugu/Wogodogo (depending on whether a Burkina Faso mod ever shows up)
Tenkodogo
Yatenga
Fada N'gourma
Dagomba
Zondoma
Ouidi-Wafé
Oula
Larlé
Gounghin
Bilbalogho
Kamsaoghin
Ouahigouya
Kongoussi
Kaya
Koudougou
Manga
Koupela
Boulsa
Gambaga

---

That's what I've been able to put together for certain, but there are probably more options in Burkina Faso itself. =]

Thanks! I'll fill in other slots with Ethnic groups that were within the empire too.

EDIT:Actually this is probably enough :)

There's 21 in there. Depending on how expansionist the AI flavour's set, it might not be. =]

I settled 30 cities in my first ever civ game. I didn't realize that there were any negative effects. ...
:mischief:

I settled 30 cities in my first ever civ game. I didn't realize that there were any negative effects. ...
:mischief:

In my first game.. I built roads on every single tile :D Conquered half of the world as the Mongols, while Alexander controlled the other half. Nuked him, he nuked me right back! Good times.. :yeah:

Back on topic, Mossi will probably be quite the expansionist, yeah.

In my first game.. I built roads on every single tile :D Conquered half of the world as the Mongols, while Alexander controlled the other half. Nuked him, he nuked me right back! Good times.. :yeah:

Back on topic, Mossi will probably be quite the expansionist, yeah.

I think thry will be like the Inca... with cavalry instead of missionaries...:p

Courtesy of Viregel, here's a map!

Ouagadougou, Yatenga, and Tenkoudougou were all separate kingdoms, though connected. While the map looks great, it might be worth shading them to represent the boundaries of the different kingdoms. =]

I'll dig one out. =]

I will hopefully release the Mossi soon, I basically just need to bring some of my art resources together and do some playtesting!

Just a little teaser, courtesy of davey_henninger and firebug

Is that a man or a woman? The lips look quite female.

That's actually quite hilarious, as according to legend she was often mistaken as a man

Again, the more modders, the better the mod is. :D

The Mossi are released! subscribe and download here!

I will update the OP soon

It's amazing how much people overreact about apparent OPness.

I've posted the mod unto reddit, and it's got an awful lot of people who haven't played it telling me it's OP, one guy said mounted units practically replace workers.

I suppose that's reddit . . .

Reddit has a lack of knowledge towards mods that's just quite weird.

I think it's fairly balanced. Ultimately it seems OP, but a lot of the start seems to be delayed and while it can go wide pretty well it's still bound to the common things that you can see in Wide plays. Plus the fact that you have to work the tiles for them to matter on the UB is good enough - unless you find yourself in salted earth, you probably won't be focusing that much on Luxuries and Horses.

The UU is pretty darn fun, being extremely annoying to deal with, for all their long-range strikes and "oh crap fall back" usage.

UA isn't as strong as people think. Unless you get really lucky, you're not gonna get to Horseback Riding before you settle your core cities, and then the main use for them is connecting cities as well as building Pastures and Camps.

It's OP at first sight, but the timing, much like your Akkad Civ, is what makes this Civ balanced. The fact that it uses game timing to determine what are you doing with your Civ is quite fun.

Top Bottom