ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

On another note, Really interested to see a Gupta Civ. Been feeling like their could/should be some more India civs.

Me too, especially some of the ancient kingdoms from the pre-Hindu period. All we really have representing that time is Harappa, and there were quite a few Vedic/Jainist Kingdoms/Empires that existed before Hinduism and Buddhism became dominant.

On the bright side though, I have this lovely Sogdian LS now

Spoiler :

Dunno why but there's something about the guy's face that's hilarious. Maybe it is because he looks high af.

It's a pretty cool LH I think. Small things that could be improved are the shadows and lighting on his left hand and lower arm, smoothing of some of the pixilated areas of his clothes and the floor and especially the step in the background looks a bit too 'drawn', which again could probably be fixed by applying some smoothing followed by shadowing/lighting.

It's a pretty cool LH I think. Small things that could be improved are the shadows and lighting on his left hand and lower arm, smoothing of some of the pixilated areas of his clothes and the floor and especially the step in the background looks a bit too 'drawn', which again could probably be fixed by applying some smoothing followed by shadowing/lighting.

Yeah, I suppose so, I'm happy with it, but of Kul wants to he can improve it.

I need some help with redesigning the old Manx civ, this is what I have so far

UA-"It will stand"-50% aircraft production+something production related, possibly related to trade

UU-Steam packet-Minor balancing

UB-Balley-Workshop replacement, I was thinking +1% production per mine, fishing boat and farm worked, but like a 5% base bonus instead of 10. A Balley is a Manx homestead, Manxmen tended to be multiskilled workers to supplement their meagre incomes, many were miners, fishermen and farmers simultaneously.

So, I need something for the UA essentially. I also need help picking a new war theme, the current one is okay, but I may replace it with

Spoiler :

The second one in general seems alot more suitable, the only issue is that it has vocals for about half of it.

I will likely make the "Great wheel" or Laxey wheel a standalone wonder in another mod.

My my, this thread is getting old and dusty, could do some a with a bit of life

So here's a wonderful map, courtesy of Nix
Spoiler :

Might also post some screenshots from my secret civ ;3

He has always kind of been alive (I talk to him on a daily basis), dude is just an awful procrastinator with awful luck.

He still keeps interest in Civ V, but has yet to play it properly since the Battle of the Nile, and procrastinates beyond relief.

So, yeah, he actually reached the Limbo.

Thought I might post a few Sogdian Screenies to build up hype

Spoiler :

Aside from this, the Guanches are pretty close to completion, and I have a secret civ :3 in the works that, thanks to Firebug's help has also been going quite quickly.

Looks really sharp so far. Although I don't know if I'm ever going to get over the fact that Gurak's smirk makes him probably the smuggest looking leader out there, so now he is enshrined in my mind as the 700's ultimate d-bag. His outfit even sorta has a popped collar.

Looks really sharp so far. Although I don't know if I'm ever going to get over the fact that Gurak's smirk makes him probably the smuggest looking leader out there, so now he is enshrined in my mind as the 700's ultimate d-bag. His outfit even sorta has a popped collar.

Just now noticed how cocky he looks. I love it ;) ;) ;)

Is the Rabat going to give +1 Food, +1 Faith, +1 Gold and +1 Science or is that just a placeholder?

Just now noticed how cocky he looks. I love it ;) ;) ;)

Is the Rabat going to give +1 Food, +1 Faith, +1 Gold and +1 Science or is that just a placeholder?

Default yields are +1 gold and +1 science, but it gains +1 food from fresh water tiles.

I had desert folklore, so it also gave me faith.

Top Bottom