ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

Sorry for the delay but these last two weeks have been unexpectedly busy for me. I did finish the hill healing code for the UU though:

Code:
function HealAdjacentToHill(iPlayer)
	if Players[iPlayer]:GetUnitClassCount(GameInfoTypes.UNITCLASS_SPEARMAN) > 0 then
		for iUnit in Players[iPlayer]:Units() do
			if iUnit:GetUnitType() == GameInfoTypes.UNIT_RJ_GARROTTE then
				HillHeal(iUnit)
			end
		end
	end
end
Events.AIProcessingEndedForPlayer.Add(HealAdjacentToHill)

function HillHeal(cUnit)
	local cPlot = cUnit:GetPlot();
		if cPlot:IsHills() then
                                cUnit:ChangeMoves(1)
				cUnit:ChangeDamage(-10);
				return;
			end
		end

Also, I'm not sure if it's possible to make a general "50% longer WLTKDs." EE's Versailles says that it extends WLTKD in all cities, but I can't find anything in the code or in a game that proves that it does that.

It seems you've returned, hurrah. Funnily enough, the healing on hill tiles code does actually seem to be working now. I guess I'll to think of something else regarding WLTKD, or maybe leave the civ as it is without the bonus.

I'll try to figure out how to solve it. There probably is something somewhere that we can exploit.

Hello!!! i'm not from the canaries, but im from spain and i can help in some concepts about the guanches:
- the name of the guanche warriors was "Ancor" ,and they use mostly two kind of weapons, both of them called actually "garrote" but they have differences:
1-Magado:it's a one-hand club, it seems like the zulu or maasai clubs, short wood stick finished in a ball made of stone or wood.
2-Amodaga:it's a long Wood stick(a bit more than the height of the warrior) without head. It means is a shocking weapon like a club. Also they use this weapon to move quickly around the mountanious and rough terrain of the islands using them, more or less, like a pole.This one is the most accurate to your model unit.Salto del pastor its great ability ,but maybe i remove "50% vs mounted units" cause horses don't have big impact in war until the war again the spanish, instead "25% vs infantry on rough terrain" you can call this ability "Asantemir".
For decisions, if you make a dog resource you can put on them 2 of culture, can be enacted with astronomy, one magistrate,and..... gold, maybe???? and call this "presas canarios".
About CultDiversity they came from NW Africa.

If want information, just ask!!!

Note:the garrocha, was a long spear (up to 3 metres)used by the garrochistas, the spanish shepherds of bulls, this people fought like light chivalry during the napoleonic invasion of spain.

Code:
local wltkdBuildingID	= GameInfoTypes["BUILDING_RJAMES_LONGER_WLTKD"]

function rJames_longerWLTKD(playerID)
	local player = Players[playerID]
	if (player:IsAlive() and player:GetCivilizationType() == civilisationID) then 
		for city in player:Cities() do
			if (city:IsHasBuilding(wltkdBuildingID) and city:GetWeLoveTheKingDayCounter() > 0) then
				local wltkdTurns = ((city:GetWeLoveTheKingDayCounter())*50)/100
				city:ChangeWeLoveTheKingDayCounter(wltkdTurns)
				city:SetNumRealBuilding(wltkdBuildingID, 0)
			elseif (city:GetWeLoveTheKingDayCounter() = 0) then
				city:SetNumRealBuilding(wltkdBuildingID, 1)
			end
		end
	end			
end

GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(rJames_longerWLTKD)

Behold, We Love The King Day is now 50% longer!

It's, it's more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!

I will take your suggestions into account Yerbinho, thanks for your input!

Regarding E and D, the guanches should have support on release, or just after release. With Cucuteni-Trypillia, I did start some decisions ages ago, but I haven't got around to finishing them.

Just thought I might make a little post about future plans, i.e. after the Guanche/Sogdian releases. I believe I might take a little break from modding, my enthusiasm is waning a bit, might release some decisions support for older mods, maybe not.

The civs that I would like to do in no particular order, are:

The Gupta

GE's the Gaels

Senegal (led by Leopold Senghor, he possesses far beyond the amounts of sweg necessary to be considered a civ leader)

There was a 4th one, but I couldn't for the life of my remember what it was. If I can't remember, then I might just assume it's Elam, considering people really want to see that one. I know it isn't Elam because I made a mental note of it not being Elam.

I also want to do a manx revision, balancing the unit and balancing/changing the unique building, as well as giving it a much better UA. If you want, post some ideas for a UA remake, probably gonna retain an industrial focus, but tourism/defense are also valid. The UA will be renamed "It will stand".

Oh yes, as well as that . . .

I have another super secret civ planned :3

A Senegalese LS by Firebug

Spoiler :

tbh I not really feeling this either. Leader seems out of place in that location. Also, the somewhat excessive amount of blurring on the background trees doesn't seem consistent and could definitely be improved. The leader himself seems very cut-in; upping the contrast, fixing the lighting/shadowing and sharpening some of the folds in his clothes would be a good start, I think.

Sorry if that seemed harsh (especially coming from someone who's definitely not a gifted artist himself :p). Really hyped to see a Senegalese civ in the works though - must have missed you taking it on.

Yup. I was not in the arty mood today, but i gave it a go. Aaand, it didn't come out well. We did have a background of the presidential palace but ryanjames wanted me to give that one a go. Maybe i'll give it a better go on the weekend.

Yup. I was not in the arty mood today, but i gave it a go. Aaand, it didn't come out well. We did have a background of the presidential palace but ryanjames wanted me to give that one a go. Maybe i'll give it a better go on the weekend.

Yeah, but I'm sure you can make something great ;)

Also, if anyone has any Senegal ideas, I was thinking something about, gaining temporary world congress delegates when expanding great people, or maybe liberating cities with the UU spawns great people. UUs are Tirailleur and the Griot. Don't really know what the Griot should do, the UA is based around the principle of Negritude, i.e. an celebration/expression of African culture and heritage.

Just want to point out that the Griot is the UU I'll probably be using for my Serer Civ. Albiet I don't really mind nor care if you do use it as well since it is fitting regardless, just wanted to give a heads up on that.

On another note, Really interested to see a Gupta Civ. Been feeling like their could/should be some more India civs.

Yeah, I'm not sure if using the Griot for Senegal is the best idea given that they are kind of common to most of West Africa, maybe go for an unique building instead?

Yeah, I'm not sure if using the Griot for Senegal is the best idea given that they are kind of common to most of West Africa, maybe go for an unique building instead?

I'm certain someone previously mentioned that Griots are especially important in Senegalese culture, last time I discussed a Senegal civ.

That was me. Of all the West African countries with griots, Senegal is where they are most prominent. That is, they play a bigger role in Senegalese culture/history than in any of the other West African nations, so Senegal is the most appropriate country to have them as the unique for. That's just of modern nations though. For historical civs like the Serer, it's also a very appropriate unit to use as a unique.

Hmm, it seems that there maybe some fundamental issues/coding limitations with the Guanche abilities where the Mencey begins a WLTKD when born, and the bonus it gives to other units.

Sigh, more delays

Top Bottom