Sample Game Directory

Here's my modest contribution to this thread and the forum. Some of the thread links are made with spoilers, they contain, well, spoilers, but relevant information for the reader.

Rusten's games:

One of the best players around CivFanatics goes at it on Deity levels and brings us news from the front. Deity and immortal games. Make more, Rusten!

Immortal Aztects (immortal difficulty)

The Divine Request (Aztecs, deity)

Native America (deity)
Spoiler :
Started out as Germany which got raped by an axeman rush. Restarted as Native America.

Gliese 581's games:

Another fantastic player playing on a level most of us can only dream of. He's published a series of games all played on deity with pretty random starts and live reporting.

Pericles of Greece

Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia

Isabella of Spain
Spoiler :
Ends very early.

Wang Kon of Korea
Spoiler :
Ends very early.

Willem van Oranje of the Dutch
Spoiler :
Not finished at the time this is
published.

* Nobles Club IX - Joao II! OK guys, here it is, another water leader with a solid UU. I requested some special features this map, but I dont want to give away too much. I will tell you that rolo used the new Tectonics format, but he assures me we will be able to have both some Barb lands and AIs that arent reachable pre-Optics.
* Nobles Club X - Zara Yaqob! Our leader = Zara has an excellent combo of traits, both of which aid in one of this games primary goal, grabbing land. His starting techs arent bad either, although unless you start with deer, you need food to get some food techs going:
* Nobles Club XI - Catherine! A known backstabber, Catherine has traits that truly excel when REXing. CRE means fast border pops and IMP means fast settlers. But beware, overexpansion is a very real possibility in the hands of the human player.
* Noble's Club XII-Elizabeth Revisited! Alright so a bunch of us (me (Krick19) included) thought Elizabeth would be a great leader to take us to the next level. So she's back and badder than ever! Her traits are great, FIN and PHI, two of my faves. This calls for a great hybrid economy. Her UU, the Redcoat gets a 25% bonus against Gunpowder Units, which is really helpful when you're attacking muskets or rifles. Lastly the UB is a Bank with 65% more income instead of 50%. This combines for a nasty combo.
* Noble's Club XIII - Alexander of Greece Hello everybody, TMIT takes a break from messing with AI XMLs to present the 13th installment of the Noble's Club series! Our leader is Aggressive and Philosophical. This match of traits allows for some economy (especially early) and some warmongering!
* NC XIV - Saladin of Arabia Sal is considered by many to be a weak leader, lending mostly to his protective trait. Nevertheless, he boasts a solid, early UB that allows for some culture control and religious manipulation via great prophets...only Egypt can get them this easily other than Arabia! The UU is a knight that does not require Iron, and with a hefty bonus to its withdrawal chance, making medieval combat a little more intriguing.
* Noble's Club XV: Roosevelt of America America...America. We bestow questionable UUs and UBs on thee. Nonetheless, the collection of leaders for this civ have strong traits, and the starting techs are nice and allow for versatility also. Our leader today is known for wonderspam and for the fact that he is probably the fastest person to get the Great Lighthouse in the game.
* Noble's Club XVI - Shaka We all know him. Some probably hate him. Tied with 3 other AIs for the most probability to train units, Shaka is a devastating warmonger that declares at pleased. The Impi is a utility troop and is a little difficult to use against targets with metal, but if an opponent lacks it has all the devastating power of traditional mounted troop charges. The UB is among the top in the game, early maintenance reduction in a barracks that coupled with the courthouse is nearly as strong a total effect as Holy Rome's.
* Noble's Club XVII - Tokugawa One of the game's biggest one-trick ponies, Toku is all military and no economy. Unless, of course, you count having more cities as economy. The UU is fairly strong if you get there in time, the UB is not that strong in my opinion but hey, at least you're guaranteed to have full advantage if you get infantry. Not that you'll need the help with the game's best gunpowder troops.
* NC XVIII: Willem This time we are using: THE NETHERLANDS! Many will argue he's a top leader on a water map due to the UB. I personally think the UB is good but far from great, because it comes later. However, it has the potential to shine on a map like this. Combine it with Moai for some true abuse. The UU is a bit cooler, since it's more cost-effective to invade. Good hunting!
* NC XIX: Napoleon This time we are using: France. With the little general. UB isn't the worst thing ever, just close. The UU IMO is underrated, as are units with >1 move in general. Musket smackdown! How fast can YOU get to gunpowder?!
* NC XX: Montezuma Whip till you bleed! It's everyone's favorite zealous backstabbing #2 tier (as an AI) warmonger, Montezuma! The UU is a niche unit but quite useful potentially. The UB? One of the best in the game. It's borderline unlimited whips.
* NC XXI: Ragnar Rangar, everyones favorite wannabe Horn Get ready for some intercontinental delivery of pain. UU is a Maceman with added city attack and free amphibious, perfect for building an medival coastal empire, UB is a Lighthouse which makes your ships faster.
* NC XXII: Suleiman Silly Man! It's been gone over in recent times, but the Ottomans are among the most well-rounded civs in the game. Silly Man gets less of the spotlight than the dreaded Mehmed, but is actually a top flight leader with powerful expansion and power tech traits!

You should rename the this post; when I saw it in the forum, I first though "Oh, won't look at that, it's just a tech support thread, helping modders understand the folder hierarchy of Civ4."

Mad Scientists RPCs have come to an end and are all linked in post #19!

Immortal University has started up again (I switched from hosting NC to IU). Also, the monarch student series has been running for quite a number of installments now and would be well-placed in the sample game directory. Edit: Make that IS well-placed :). It's in already...not sure how I missed it.

I intend to do more youtube videos once I get my laptop back, also.

Edit: There is no IU bullpen to my knowledge so the games are scattered other than what's in the OP. I'll dig them out and post them here eventually.

Edit 2: PYL has actually gone a few more deep too, I took over for Bleys starting from V...but have only created them intermittently because they're harder to conjure up than other series (WB save edit-heavy).

I did some searching and these are the Immortal University games.

Immortal University I - Montezuma of the Aztecs Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University II - Suryavarman II of Khmer Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University III - Louis XIV of France Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University IV - Suleiman of the Ottoman Empire Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University V - Cyrus of Persia Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal Univesity VI: Charlemagne of the Holy Roman Empire Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University VII - Hannibal of Carthage Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University VIII - Pacal II of the Mayas Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University IX - Genghis Kahn of the Mongolians Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University X - Alexander the Great of Greece Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University XI - George Washington of America Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University XII - João II of Portugal Hosted by silverbullet

Immortal University Pacal II of the Maya (No number) Hosted by Dirk1302

Immortal University XIII - Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University XIV - Boudica of the Celts Hosted by silverbullet
Immortal University XV - Churchill in a Hostile Continent Hosted by silverbullet

Immortal University XVI - Hatshepsut of Egypt Hosted by PaulusIII
Immortal University XVII - Peter the Great of Russia Hosted by PaulusIII

Immortal University XVIII - Shaka Zulu Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XIX - Otto von Bismarck of Germany Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XX - Stalin of Russia Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXI: Asoka of India Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXII - Mao Zedong of China Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXIII - Saladin of Arabia Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXIV: Julius Caesar of Rome Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXV: Sury Mk II Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXVI: Tokugawa of Japan Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXVII: Napoleon of France Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXVIII: Isabella of Spain Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXIX: Hammurabi of Babylon Hosted by TheMeInTeam

Immortal University XXX: Willem van Oranje Hosted by Ignorant Teacher
Immortal University XXXI: Brennus Hosted by Ignorant Teacher
Immortal University XXXII: Lincoln Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXXIII: Ragnar Hosted by Ignorant Teacher
Immortal University XXXIII Qin Shi Huang Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXXIV: Roosevelt Hosted by Ignorant Teacher
Immortal University XXXV: Justinian Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXXVI: Gandhi Hosted by Ignorant Teacher
Immortal University XXXVII: Mehmed II Hosted by Ignorant Teacher
Immortal University XXXVIII: Frederick Hosted by TheMeInTeam
Immortal University XXXIX: Mansa Musa Hosted by Ignorant Teacher

Thanks dalamb for helping me with the layout. :goodjob:

Question: Are there any of the play-along series that DON'T tell you what the map type is up front? I've noticed that I add a level of excitement to my games by letting the map type be completely random on the types of landmasses (I'll generally let the climate and sea levels be normal.) Doing this takes away any out-of-the-gate strategies, such as knowing that I'll probably want the Great Lighthouse, or that I'll probably want to focus on land grab early.

I guess you can check for the Deity-of-Random threads...

Top Bottom