[Scenario] Earth - 1936

send me just the define file with correct values, I'll update.

and I tested the removebuildings() function it gave me this error
Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Dan\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's..."]:174: attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)

I don't know if you saw that or not, but I fixed it fortunetly, I just created a remove buildings function for each nation. :)

EDIT: The fall of vichy event is still not working even with all the cities correctly defined

when you say "not working", nothing at all happens, or it crash completely ?

I've merged the define, send the script, I'll try to have a look tonight or tomorrow evening to the "fall of " event and release a new beta to test with your scenario activated.

If you can, send a savegame from the turn before the event too, would save some time ;)

About the other scenarios, I was thinking of standardizing the names and adding a few general description before the presentation text on the scenario selection screen.

Something simple in 3-4 lines like author, size (small, large, giant, ...), state (alpha, beta, finished, deprecated,...)

when you say "not working", nothing at all happens, or it crash completely ?

Nothing happens at all, everything just goes on as normal.

I've merged the define, send the script, I'll try to have a look tonight or tomorrow evening to the "fall of " event and release a new beta to test with your scenario activated.

If you can, send a savegame from the turn before the event too, would save some time ;)

Ya I can get a saved game, I'm about to start a new game with the removebuildings functions. And I'll send you the script and updated map.

On second thought, when I test that event I usually just adjust the dates and then place units directly on cities in order to activate the event. I don't know if that has a possiblity of interfering.

About the other scenarios, I was thinking of standardizing the names and adding a few general description before the presentation text on the scenario selection screen.

Something simple in 3-4 lines like author, size (small, large, giant, ...), state (alpha, beta, finished, deprecated,...)

Ya that sounds good. You could probably standardize the pictures also if you wanted.

then just send me a save game with your method first ;)

your function is called "LiberationOfAfrica" but you've written "FallOfVichy" in SerialEventCityCaptured. Will post a beta v4 soon in the beta thread with the correction.

your function is called "LiberationOfAfrica" but you've written "FallOfVichy" in SerialEventCityCaptured. Will post a beta v4 soon in the beta thread with the correction.

This is kinda @ anyone... I wanted to address the slow long miserable turns on this map and the 1942 map. I also want most computers to be able to handle the map. I actually was playing the civ4 rhyes and fall mod recently, a lot of the fun is the fast paceness of it but at the same time there is depth and constant things going on.

Anyways, what I have done was basically cut the current Earth map keeping the current size of Europe and Asia but getting rid of the unimportant areas like most of South America and Mid/South Africa. The only area that was involved in the war that was cut out is Australia and Indonesia (most islands including the Philippines are still there). What is also nice about cutting those out however is that more minors are available and I can add back in Communist China, Tibet, Persia, Cuba etc...

So my question is looking at this stuff do you guys want a smaller map? (I would of course have two seperate scenarios one large and one small)

Not Counting the xy 0 tiles,

A Randomly generated map that is set on
Huge is 10,240 tiles
Large is 6,656 tiles

The Current Earth Map is
16,647 tiles

The Current Europe (1939) map is:
9,630 tiles

The Re-Edited Earth map is:
8,575 tiles (almost half the size of the current earth map and slightly smaller then the Europe map)

My other question is if that is small enough?

(I can also post screenshots if you guys want)

It crashes immediately after a turn!

You put a spitfire in the middle of a desert... without a base...

Any game started on the 1936 Earth map seems doomed to crash. On my latest save as America it crashed on the UK's turn. I looked at the log myself and from what I could tell (I barely understood it so what I say may not be right) it crashed when moving a UK convoy to Manchester. I tried using IGE to delete the convoys for the UK and giving Manchester to someone else (Germany) and when it ended the turn it crashed immediately. Though when it crashed this time it was Japan's turn and they just captured a southern Chinese city. I don't know which one, all I saw was a change in the mini map. Earlier I played as Japan and another time as Germany and the same thing happened for both of them.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 78
I also tried hard to get 1936 earth scenario to run, but it crashes incredibly often. Most of the time it is during UK's turn. Just ask if you need logs &/or savegame.

not from the 1936 map, as it is still an early version, same from the alpha version of small Europe.

but if you have crashes from the other scenarios, then yes, log first and keep a save ready in case I need it, TIA..

Any game started on the 1936 Earth map seems doomed to crash. On my latest save as America it crashed on the UK's turn. I looked at the log myself and from what I could tell (I barely understood it so what I say may not be right) it crashed when moving a UK convoy to Manchester. I tried using IGE to delete the convoys for the UK and giving Manchester to someone else (Germany) and when it ended the turn it crashed immediately. Though when it crashed this time it was Japan's turn and they just captured a southern Chinese city. I don't know which one, all I saw was a change in the mini map. Earlier I played as Japan and another time as Germany and the same thing happened for both of them.

Ah yes, there is a spitfire in the middle of the egyptian desert!

in case you've missed it, read my last post above your's.

I still know the problem! I moved it then it didn't crash until RAM overload!

Well I can start adding units (I'm assuming your telling me I can now right?) but I can't test it funny how modbuddy works and civ doesn't :). So you would have to test or someone else would have to test it if you or they wanted too.

@ Skibbi and Kelestra I actually too have been getting lag and crash issues (the map is just ridiculusly huge) I havn't been able to test since the last patch but I did make a smaller version which I mentioned earlier cuts the map and its actually smaller then the 1939 Europe map. I actually prefer the map that way (it makes the suez and panama canals critical and its really smooth) and I will probably work off of that one for now it was the best way to solve the issues with the large earth map.

Top Bottom