SCENARIO: The Napoleonic Wars

And for me as well, whenever I get around to starting such a scenario. :)

Originally posted by Steph
Just bumping this thread for BAP

Yeah, Trips idea helped motivate me to crank these units out, especially his idea to try and limit where certain units can be built. I wonder if CivIII programmers would be up for changing the game so non-tradable resources could be used as prerequisites for created special units, sort of the same way they can be used to limit the building of some buildings. Hopefully Procifica can come up with a good scenario.

Well one way you could implement something like that is to not allow trades.

This scenario is no longer on my top list of priorities. My first priority is still getting my ACW scenario out of Beta. And I've also started a new adventurous project, of getting a few scores on the Hall of Fame. And, I'm getting alot of good, positive feedback on my Late Han Dynasty/Three Kingdoms Scenario (more support overall so far than this one, except for Steph and BAP in particular), that I think that one will be first. More likely though, when I get to the one, I'll start the other as well.

But I will need more information, and I haven't really had the time to dig more information up yet.

Hey guys, I'm back. :)

After a long break for college and other things, I saw BAP's units, and got a spur of inspiration (along with studying the 19th century a bit in my Western Civ class ;)).

I'm going to start work on the scenario again. Sorry for the delay. This project will be finished. ;)

As long as BAP can keep the units coming, I'm not going to stop this time until the project is done. :D

I'm going to be making a Civ 3 version and a PTW version. Not yet sure what the differences will be, but this is so we can maximize who can play. :)

light infantry: blitz, ZOC, defenseif bombard.

Originally posted by LouLong
Steph, alleluja,

get to your scanner at once, Trip is back and wants some more ... :D

Well, between Russia, Prussia, Austria, Sweden Spain and Portugal that I have already scanned, I think they have some work to do before I need to do others!

To finish, here are the russian names of cavalry (but I don't speak Russian, so I hope it's correct)
- cuirassier = kyrasi
- dragoon = dragounski
- hussar = gousari
- horse = konni
- chasseurs à cheval = konno iégurski [/B]

Hmmm...

cuirassier - Kirasiry (plural), Kirasir (singular horseman)
dragoon - Draguny, Dragun (Same as French really)
hussar - Gusary, Gusar
horse (something) like Horse Artillery - Konnyi, Konnaya (as in Konnaya Artilleriya)
Chasseurs - Konno-Yegerskie Voyska (formal name); Konnye Yegerya (the one you ought to use intead)

Uhlan - Ulany, Ulan
Cossack - Kazaki, Kazak (that's how it ought to be written and said as well. Ukranians say it Kozak, of course, but they're Ukranians))
Knight Guards (heavy imperial guard cav. abolished somewhere mid-19th century) Kavalergardy, Kavalergard.

Top Bottom