Science and Technology Quiz 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No and no. Letters to this scientist could theoretically go through the entire postal service with just five elements on the envelope :D

I thought you mean a post as in a job in university:blush:

oh well, gotta be some professor from UC Berkeley...somehow GN Lewis came to my mind

Sir Ramsey? What was his first name? (Incidentally, you don't refer to a knight by "Sir Surname"; it's always "Sir First Name" or "Sir First & Last Name".)

No, it's not that chap anyway. Dido is closer to the correct answer.

Sir Ramsey? What was his first name? (Incidentally, you don't refer to a knight by "Sir Surname"; it's always "Sir First Name" or "Sir First & Last Name".)

No, it's not that chap anyway. Dido is closer to the correct answer.

Still, what is the answer?

Glenn T. Seaborg, the only man to have an element publicly named after him whilst he was still alive.

The five elements are: seaborgium, lawrencium (named after the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory in Berkeley, CA, where he worked), berkelium, californium and americium.

Who's up next?

What is the histone code hypothesis?

The origins of the genome is somehow related to histones?

The origins of the genome is somehow related to histones?

I love the fact I actually read my biology book

I don't remember exactly but I think it is x-DNA "interactions" being directed by histone modifications

I don't remember what x is but it has something to do with chromosomes (I think)

I hate how we can't use the internet for help :(

Not much point if we did use the Net, CivKing :)

I don't remember exactly but I think it is x-DNA "interactions" being directed by histone modifications

I don't remember what x is but it has something to do with chromosomes (I think)

ish... I'm looking for a bit more detail, but it is to do with histone modifications.

chromatin-DNA interactions are controlled by combos of histone modifications

My knowledge of histone coding is limited to histone methylation blocking transcription and acetylation enhancing it.

those two that bright eye mentioned modify histone tails change the chromatin structure and BTW no one is entirely sure of how it exactly happens

This question has dragged on for nearly 72 hours now...

20 more minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom