Science Buildings and Culture Buildings.

Equilin

King
So my assumption is they are "buildings that give science/culture (including unique buildings)". Now I got curious to these situations:
1. Does wonder count
e.g. After getting Opera Houses in all my cities I apply Legalism, will this give me Hermitage? (guess not uh)
2. What if Korea build markets/banks in the capital AFTER adopting Mercantilism? Will it give them the tech boost? What about factories (including sell and re-purchase) with Worker's Faculties ideology tenet?

Last edited:
So my assumption is they are "buildings that give science/culture (including unique buildings)". Now I got curious to these situations:
1. Does wonder count

For purposes of Korea's UA (which you summarized), only buildings and wonders that provide a base science yield qualify. So, the only wonders that count for Korea's UA are the Great Library, National College and Oxford University. Wonders that only provide Great Scientist points, like Oracle, Temple of Artemis, Brandenburg, etc., do not count.

e.g. After getting Opera Houses in all my cities I apply Legalism, will this give me Hermitage? (guess not uh)

Nope. Legalism will only provide a culture building, not a wonder.

2. What if Korea build markets/banks in the capital AFTER adopting Mercantilism? Will it give them the tech boost? What about factories (including sell and re-purchase) with Worker's Faculties ideology tenet?

Getting a science yield from a building due to a social policy does not count for purposes of Korea's UA.

I have to disagree to the last point.
Just tested.
Played Korea, Duel Map, Quick Speed, Medieval era start, 0 CSes. Settler difficulty.
->Settle cap
->adopt Mercantilism, plus Exploration&Maritime Infrastructure
->build market
->research Theology

Upon finishing the market the turn count for Theology drops from 14 to 10 immediately. City didn't grow at all.

Second try.
->Information era start, strategic balance
->pick Worker's Faculties through the combination of Sydney Opera House, Cristo Redentor and Kremlin
->Telecommunication turns count: 9
->immediately buy a factory
->turns count drops to 8

The actual reason i asked this is i used All Unique mod and somehow got the boost with the Mayan's pyramid which is entirely out of my calculation

Hmm, interesting. I don't think it's supposed to work that way, but if that's what your test shows, there you go. That's what testing is all about.

You sure that's not the +1 bpt from the Market that drops the turn count? You're supposed to get half the median tech's cost with Korean UA, so on a Medieval start that should be half the cost of Theology.

Top Bottom