Scient patch 2.0

chuft

Chieftain
Is scient's 2.0 patch stable? Has anyone used it?

I know he made it available to be used in Yitzi's efforts, but it looks like Yitzi did something I worked hard to convince scient not to do, namely change the clean minerals effect of re-building the "green" buildings. This change leaves me with no interest in Yitzi's patch. I don't want every game that goes into the gravship era to end in uncontrolled global warming, nor do I want to engage in city spam just to have more bases in which to build green buildings. I liked the clean minerals mechanic the way it was, where you can scrap and rebuild green buildings to get ecodamage under control once you hit the high production multiplier factory facilities.

It looks like scient went ahead and did a bunch of things I was looking forward to in his 2.0 patch, like making it possible to have higher level reactors in custom units in the #UNITS section of alphax, so you can design cool units only the AI can use which have higher than fission reactors. But it's not clear to me if this patch was ready for prime time, or whether he just turned it over "as is" for Yitzi to use.

Any info would be appreciated. :goodjob:

Is scient's 2.0 patch stable? Has anyone used it?

It looks like scient went ahead and did a bunch of things I was looking forward to in his 2.0 patch, like making it possible to have higher level reactors in custom units in the #UNITS section of alphax, so you can design cool units only the AI can use which have higher than fission reactors. But it's not clear to me if this patch was ready for prime time, or whether he just turned it over "as is" for Yitzi to use.

Any info would be appreciated. :goodjob:

So is this the same chuft who posted their Lazytown mod over at WPC? If so welcome back! :)

As far as scient's patch is concerned, maybe you recall that they had a forum over at AC2 for discussing these sort of things (or is that now gone and that's why your here?)?

Regardless, I feel your pain in regards to some of the stuff that's been implemented (or not) in the patches/ upgrades: I had pointed out a few bugs that were flumoxing me in some scenarios I was designing, and I was told they weren't realistic issues, and that they wouldn't be fixed. :dunno: However I have to say I am very happy with the overall results of the patches (boreholes registering the correct nutrient levels, artillery now works to whatever values are mod'd in, Alien CPs can have drop pods, etc.). :goodjob:

HTH,

D

So is this the same chuft who posted their Lazytown mod over at WPC? If so welcome back! :)

As far as scient's patch is concerned, maybe you recall that they had a forum over at AC2 for discussing these sort of things (or is that now gone and that's why your here?)?

I looked over there and saw scient basically posting it and saying "here it is so Yitzi can move forward using it" but did not see any discussion about people playing with scient's 2.0 patch.

Regardless, I feel your pain in regards to some of the stuff that's been implemented (or not) in the patches/ upgrades: I had pointed out a few bugs that were flumoxing me in some scenarios I was designing, and I was told they weren't realistic issues, and that they wouldn't be fixed. :dunno: However I have to say I am very happy with the overall results of the patches (boreholes registering the correct nutrient levels, artillery now works to whatever values are mod'd in, Alien CPs can have drop pods, etc.). :goodjob:

HTH,

D

Thanks Darsnan, good to talk to you again.

Top Bottom