Scientific Revolution

Gokudo01

Emperor
So we talked, months ago, about the Golden Age Bonus being the weaker. Since then, nothing much changed.
To summarize, Scientific Revolution improves your monopolies.

+ 2 to flat bonus ( happiness and yields )
+ 10% to scaling bonus. (yields and golden age modifier)

Some examples :

Citrus gives 3 extra food if you get the monopoly, with Scientific revolution it's +5.
Amber gives 2 extra sciences which increase to 4 with Scientific Revolution(let's say ScR)
Coffee gives 5 extra happiness and 7 with ScR
so it makes citrus +60% efficient, +100% for Amber and +40% for coffee.

Cocoa gives +10% culture to all owned cities, +20% with ScR.
Ivory is +25% golden age length and +35% with ScR .
Sugar grants +20/30% growth.

So it creates two distortions :
1 - Efficiency, some bonus get better improvements from the policy.
2 - Disruption between the different yield types because everybody knows that 2 golds don't have the value of 2 science.

10% golden age length is worth 10% more culture/science/production or growth ? I think there is a logic behind the fact that the basic bonus is 25% for GaL and 10% for global scaling yields but this logos has been thrown with Scientific Revolution?
Is 2 extra science worth 2 extra gold ?

The answer is the question so I think this could be re-evaluated.

Yeah this Policy is too good with Cocoa and Whales' Monopoly, yet lacking with the others. One idea could be that each Monopoly you control to give some Yield or just boost your GA Length by 10%. As opposed to specifically boosting each one as it is now.

Although looking at the .SQL, I don't think this will be happening.

Spoiler :
UPDATE Policies
SET MonopolyModFlat = '2'
WHERE Type = 'POLICY_SECULARISM' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_POLICIES' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Policies
SET MonopolyModPercent = '10'
WHERE Type = 'POLICY_SECULARISM' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_POLICIES' AND Value= 1 );

Top Bottom