Scoresheet (customizable title) for printout

Buster's Uncle

AC2 Owner
So, I had a scoresheet file laying around and thought of you folks.

It's certainly not the cheapest way to get neat printed scoresheets, but convenient and easily customizable - so a source of easy little gifts for chess cronies, especially young ones.

If you have MSWord, all the margins and orientation should be already set up for you. Print out the .doc attachment, turn the stack of copies over and repeat - repeat again on the other side and cut the results in half.

If you don't have Word, the .gif version attached is of lesser quality, but customizable in whatever you have that will open and edit .gif files. To print, set the page orientation to horizontal and the margins to minimum it will allow. Print out the file, turn the stack of copies over and repeat - repeat again on the other side and cut the results in half.

Enjoy. -And do let me know if the little top logo in the .doc version shows, or anything here's borked.

Attachments

• ScoresheetCustomizable.doc
    58 KB · Views: 223
  • ScoresheetLessCustomizable.gif
    ScoresheetLessCustomizable.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 236
Okay - for good measure, here it is in the .rtf format that everybody running Windows will be able to open with WordPad.

Unfortunately, I had to zip it up to upload and .rtf doesn't seem to save margins and page orientation, so once you've fished it out of the .zip you'll need to File(in the WordPad version I have, annoyingly, the unlabeled pull-down top left over Paste)>Page setup>change the orientation to Landscape>and margins to Left: .1, Right: (anything under half the page, but) .5, Top: .25 and Bottom: .251 (I don't think .001 is even a pixel's worth, so .25 for balance if it'll let you).

Then follow the printing instructions in the OP for either version - both sides of the page is optional, of course, according to your needs v. the ridiculous cost of printer ink. Probably a bad idea to try to skimp on paper at the expense of any ink, actually, and I never used a lot of the backs - saved space in my notebook when I did, though. There's two lines of the tiny tournament stuff at the top crammed into the lines above in this version, but still legible, IMAO, and should still make a crisper-looking copy than printing the .gif.

These are all specially modified for you guys, BTW -and the .gif created- the original club version I made embedded an image for the entire logo to make word placement balance the two-knights image better top-to-bottom, but that would have been more trouble for the end-user to alter easily...

Attachments

• ScoresheetCustomizableWordPad.zip
    7 KB · Views: 190
Top Bottom