Screenshot of the Day #11: Spider Web

It's very handy on the trades part of things. Trade embargos are one of my most favoured ways of starting wars, checking every turn you can get in with an embargo when the AI trades lapse.

Originally posted by Bobela XII
I didn't know about it either until I saw the first SOTD and tried to figure out how the person was able to see everyone's relations.
You're right. It was in the first SOTD. My memory is just bad I guess. :D

Funny how knowledge is sometimes...

I found that last night while trying to get everyone to gang up on the Zulus.
Figured, like many of the above replies, that it was basic knowledge.

Kinda' like making the wheel: after doing so, you go "oh, doesn't everyone else have this?"

Still wish that I could have more than 8 Civs show at the same time in this spider web. But that issue has been beat up enough. ;)

I honestly reckon eight is plenty I've never had more than six near enough to worry about (and it wasn't six for lon- heh heh)

are those rops or mpps? if they;re mpps, that would be one intereresting ww3

Originally posted by SirJethro
I knew it was possible, but hadn't taken the time to look up the actual keys. So this post was a big help to me.

BTW...that sure is a helluvalot of RoP agreements. I dont' think I've every been in a position where I had RoPs with more than one or two Civ's at a time.

ThunderFall got this screenshot from my savegame (see my thread in the Tech Forum about JGL.DLL crashes). I agreed to every civ that wanted a RoP because an AI civ is reluctant to exploit an RoP and got to war with you.

I was shooting for a SS victory, so I didn't want to get into a messy war. And it worked! Until my savefile got corrupted somehow.

Tom

My only question is why so many AI civ still left standing in the modern age?

Originally posted by Octavian X
You know, I've never actually seen those lines... I've selected all the leaders with shift-clicking, but no lines appear. All the options on the side are selected...
You have to have an embassy with the civ to see its lines.

Originally posted by Hades
My only question is why so many AI civ still left standing in the modern age?

The game was set to Accelerated, so technologically, it was the Modern Era, but it was still the 13th century chronologically. Also, I played a defensive game (concentrating all my attention to research and infrastructure), so I didn't go out and conquer them.

Frankly, I was amazed that after hundreds of years of wars and shifting alliances amongst themselves that they didn't wipe each other out altogether.

Tom

Shift+click is in the manual (page 188 to be exact).
Shift+right click is in the read me (orignal additions).

I found this out the first time I played (just messing around), and have been telling every one that asks ever sence.

Another helpful thing that nobody seems to know is to Hold shift while units are moving and it will go a lot faster.

Originally posted by willj
You have to have an embassy with the civ to see its lines.

it doesn't work for me too, and i hav embassies with every civ i know, and the colour-coded lines on the right in the selection box (of which agreement's lines you want to see) do not appear too.

do i have the relevant graphics files missing or something??:confused:

Found out about the holding shift this week myself really sppeds the game up when you have naval units all over the place.

Originally posted by bbaws
Found out about the holding shift this week myself really sppeds the game up when you have naval units all over the place.

You can get the same effect by going into Prefs and unchecking "Animate [friendly/player/enemy] moves". This way, you won't wear out your SHIFT key. Also, if you're playing a huge map with lots of civs, you can simply walk away from the keyboard while all the moves are played out.

Tom

I prefer to leave it unchecked so I can see what the buggers are up to in time of war.

why does joan d'arc look like sinead oconnor? she's bald in that screen shot!!!! WTF?

Top Bottom