Screenshot of the Day #13: Glorious Barbarians

OK, 1 last one. Here I am playing the Americans. I must suck at this if the barbarians are more happy than me....

Attachments

• happy barbs.gif
    happy barbs.gif
    68.8 KB · Views: 346
ok Something is wrong with that. Barbarians shouldnt be happier. I think when you modded the game something happened with the barbarians. Try an unmodded game and I bet that won't happen.

Maybe my peeps are really, really sad because I didn't build them a McDonalds yet.:lol:

There is definitely something wrong with your game. I just did a little 2 player game test and this is what I get:

You may want to reinstall your game.

Originally posted by Thunderfall
You may want to reinstall your game.
Really? Would uninstalling it make a difference? And I don't really see why it's a problem.

But like Yzman said, try playing a completely unmodded game and see if it happens.

Originally posted by willj
Really? Would uninstalling it make a difference? And I don't really see why it's a problem.
Well, if he has backup of the original files, then he could just restore those. It's not a big problem but it's nice to fix the bug. There is no reason to keep a bug that gives you wrong info.

But the only mods I made were like ship monement and some graphic mods (good job to snoopy). I havent made ANY mods to the Civilizations page in the editor.

LOL weird screenshot. Barbs as civs? This looks like that you edited the civ names. The only way is that.....OR some real weird bug.

Originally posted by Fr8monkey
But the only mods I made were like ship monement and some graphic mods (good job to snoopy). I havent made ANY mods to the Civilizations page in the editor.

The general gist is, if others can't recreate the game behaviour you're experiencing it is because there's something different about your game. It's not always the case, though. And sometimes, like with some of the previous screenshots, the odd situation is due to a quirk in the game that *everyone* has.

If you can tell people the exact steps you use to get this phenomena, and we can't recreate it with our un-modded Civ3's but you can every time -- that's pretty much a sure fire way to prove it's because you've changed something. ;)

I'd bet you've unticked the option that treats the Barbarian civ as Barbarians. It's one of the things that distinguishes it from other, normal, civilizations.

Restoring back-ups is indeed one option, or reinstalling -- if not only because that's a great way to guarantee it's all reset to pristine condition. But definitely, if it doesn't really adversely effect your gameplay then why worry.

What was the setting for Barbarians? Was it Raging? Maybe that's why - there were more barbarian encampments than cities.

Originally posted by Gorgoroth
LOL weird screenshot. Barbs as civs? This looks like that you edited the civ names. The only way is that.....OR some real weird bug.
Asyou can see, The Barbs are not set as a player Civ...

Attachments

• barbarian zoom ii.gif
    barbarian zoom ii.gif
    65.9 KB · Views: 263
Hm oh well, than its prolly a weird bug. :)

There was a bug that if you used quick start after playing a game with less then maximum Civs the barbarians would be a civ, but this was fixed with v1.29, what version are you using?

The reasion there are two could be that the barbarians are divided in to culture groups (for culturly linked starts) and so are diferint civs.

Nope. I am using 1.29f. Also the barbs don't always pop up. Sometimes just the 2 civs, me and the comp player.

Fr8monkey and Thunderfall, can you tell us what your barbarian settings were for the games you posted screenshots from?

I did asked that question before, you know.

I think one possibilitity is that the setting is set on Raging so that's why there are so many encampments. But then there would have to be a glitch to make barbarians a civ.

I think there must be an inadvertent "mod" in there somewhere

For one thing, when did you last see the Americans' colour as Dark Green... !? According to my (unmodded) copy of the bic file, they are ALWAYS Light Blue

It can get wacky. I started a game with the Babylons and they were red. I reloaded twice but still got the same result. I took it anyway.

And in this month's GOTM, the Japaneese are dark green. And one time I saw the Chinese were light blue. There were no Americans in that game.

I always play a 'Random'. I changed the Americans to dark green ( I hate that pukey light blue!:lol: )

Top Bottom