Seafaring Hannibal

Spoiler :

This map is one of a kind. Hence why I decided to share it, because Hannibal's traits really shine here. Normally, I am not too enthusiastic about 100-hammer-costing cothons, but on THIS map? Speaking from having played it, it is extremely overpowered. You will be making crap ton of commerce, being Financial and all. Have doubts? Play it and you will find out. There really was a reason this map was posted, and for anyone looking to try a game to either experience or to practice the aspects of it, I highly recommend it. If there is interest in a lower difficulty level World Builder save, either I or someone else can provide one.

Tbh I never play archipelago maps on deity so it's a bit different but I'm having a lot more fun than on the hammurabi game.
Spoiler :
The tech pace is insane everyone has 1200ad infantry and 1400ad tanks, and mansa is on pace to win 1550ad culture victory. But I have a huge fleet of carriers with planes!

@Henrik75

Spoiler :
Very impressive showing. Getting circumnavigation bonus, revealing all AI, settling on 2 different landmass, and that amount of beakers all by 1AD. ^_^

Map script is Big and Small, so sometimes it generates funky maps like this. This map is an ancient one though, generated while I was playing with a different computer with the old DVD-ROM installation. I was screwing around with different scripts back then, and that may explain anomalies like ocean clams.... not sure if there are others. Now that I think about it, I remember specifically that I have generated maps with deers on grassland and non-floodplain riverside desert tiles in the past. So right call to ignore those 2 out-of-place clams.

Too bad there isn't really a psychopathic warmonger or two on the AI continent. I am surprised Sury is doing so poor in your game.

@Henrik75

Spoiler :
Gratz on the well-deserved victory. Just finished watching while having brunch at the hotel room. ^_^ I can see that the sheer mass of units and cities to be microed were getting a bit overwhelming by the end. Isabella really gaming at the end despite being small. Now I think your next game needs to be small and simple. Plain ol Pangaea on Immortal would do nicely, I think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom