Seriously hallucinating??

JonBrave

Chieftain
OK, I am not an idiot....

Playing CivIV vanilla, 1.61(?).

All of a sudden, I saw two little figures come out of one of my cities and glide across the map to alight next to another city. So I thought, errrr, am I seeing things? :eek:

No, repeatable. If I click on a (particular) stack of my units, every time I click, this same "glide" occurs. Spooky....

WTF? Is there any relevance that the (start) city is pretty near the left-edge of a (non-circular) map?

If you've got great graphics, and you order a unit with the full movement points to move to a spot, it will appear that the unit will glide to the spot you asked it to go.

OMG, you mean, I have set a couple units from that stack to move to the far away place, and it animates it? OK, had no idea, and didn't mean to have any units moving to other city, will look.....

I actually saw a glitch to that effect where a couple enemy units just suddenly appeared and magically slid across the continent into one of my cities to take the city. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen in Civ4 so far. I didn't like it very much, but I kept on playing. It did confuse me a bit.

Don't worry. I'm just playing with vanilla the Greece Mod and yesterday I thought as well whether I'm hallucinating. From a unit of Praetorians suddenly two of the three figures began to slide away. :eek:
When I moved the unit the two runaways returned. I'll try to reproduce; if I make it out, I'll post it.

Top Bottom